PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Thailand in february and need advise

November 14th, 2007, 10:26
I'm going to Thailand for the first time in february and really don't know how to plan my holiday.I'm getting confused about where to stay in Bangkok and where else I want to visit.I've been chatting with a boy from udonthani who seems genuinely interested in me and is going to meet me in Bangkok.I don't know how long I should stay in Bangkok and where else i want to go.That's why I haven't booked my hotel yet.Any suggestions?
Another problem I have is that more than one boy wants to meet me.Someone I met on gromeo wants to spend time with me too.I'm not used to this .I know the boy from Udonthani is genuine and I really like him but he can only spend 1 week with me .Should I take him somewhere else too or can we have a nice holiday by only staying n Bangkok.
I don't think I'm into one night stands and I'm really looking for someone who will want to be with me for more than one night.
I've been reading your forum recently but I'm even more confused now about where and what I want to do.

adman5000
November 14th, 2007, 11:36
My advice would be to try not to be confused and to not worry about stuff. After one visit, you'll figure out what you like or don't like. Many of the choices to be made depend on personal preferences. Since it is your first time and you won't know your way around, I would stay close to the action such as Tartawan. Ideally, I would stay there before your friend arrives and go exploring the night scence on you own. That assumes you want to go out and see the action. If you want to stay with one guy for a week, it may depend on what he likes to do. There are many easy day trips you can take and many places to explore in BKK and nearby. Most Thai guys are easily entertained so he will do whatever makes you happy. Print off the map of the gay areas from Dreaded Neds or others and go exploring. If you stay at Tartawan you can walk. The plus is that if you meet someone you want to spend a bit more time with back at the room, you can walk back. During the day go for a massage- try the places recommended- use a taxi or skytrain, both are cheap. Again, if you ask 4 different people, you'll get 4 different preferences, so go and decide for yourself.
If I was a first timer, I am not sure I would plan upfront to spend a week with someone I didn't know. Be prepared to be manipulated. It is ok to be generous, but try not to let yourself get taken advantage of. Believe me, you'll hear all the stories you read about here and more. At the airport, make sure you go to the desk with metered taxi, don't listen to someone who walks up to and offers to take you into BKK for a flat fee.
The best advice is to not worry, be flexible, and just enjoy. Do as many different things as you can stand. Do the touristy stuff, because the first time you'll still enjoy it. Your friend may enjoy also and can help greatly with the language. Take a map and don't worry about getting lost. Don't try to squeeze too much into one day. Carry and drink bottled water constantly if you haven't been in the heat before.

November 14th, 2007, 12:04
Why not get him to take u back to Udon Thani after you spend some time together in Bangkok? The bus trip is not bad. Good to see something more of Thailand than just bars and nightclubs.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 14th, 2007, 13:17
"who seems genuinely interested in me and is going to meet me in Bangkok."

none of us have been lucky enough to have this happen. Make the most of it..and stay confused..the longer you are in Thailand the less you understand anyway.

TrongpaiExpat
November 14th, 2007, 13:38
Many of these Internet contacts don't work out. Some don't even end up with a face to face meeting. A few do. I know this one farang that is now in Thailand and is have a great time with a guy me met on-line.

Your talking to two different guys? That could be a major problem if the first guy works out.

I would not plan too much and see how things work out. It's not high-high season and you should be OK with out making reservations if your willing to take the time and look around.

I would not take him to Pattaya at all if he is not used to that environment.

Is he employed? Is he a student,? is he a money boy? All three of those terms have there own Thai flexibility in meaning and usage.

Choke dee

November 14th, 2007, 20:57
... but I think it needs reiterating ...

if (at the most) you fall in love with this guy or like him a lot, its going to be a one-way thing - your friend will have a good time and you will too, but he will expect you to "take care of him financially whilst you are there", but you already know that "don't you".

If its your first visit and you wish to stay in a hotel that is gay friendly, and I would recommend that you do, the Malaysia Hotel is brilliant for that, its clean, but a little shabby in the rooms, but fairly secure and they check people you bring back to the hotel - it is also more than a stone throw from the scene but up the road from the infamous Babylon and you can always get a tuk tuk to your places of entertainment.

You could also stay at the Tarntawan in the heart of the scene which is a little more upmarket or even Babylon Sauna which has quality rooms.

jinks
November 16th, 2007, 04:19
Edited and hopefully back in context.

Give the guy advise or stay out of it.

November 16th, 2007, 06:18
Edited and hopefully back in context.

Give the guy advise or stay out of it.

555 wrote :

Visiting Thailand in February and need advice. (Two) !

LOCKED : Explaining that you were quoted out of context ! :clown:

catawampuscat
November 16th, 2007, 12:28
Advise can be helpful but even the best informed seem to lose their minds when they see smiling
friendly and gorgeous guys, who only want to be with them and who think they are sexy. While most
of us laugh off the compliments, some part of us wants to believe, we are special and that this lad
can see thru the years on our faces and bodies and somehow see the idealized image, we maintain deep
in our memories of ourselves in our prime.

Even a callous old git like myself imagines that the boys somehow see "the hunk of many decades past"
and really think that fat is sexy and we are the center of the universe, if only for an hour or two.
It sure beats being a couch potato..

There are no answers really and each of us has to go thru the stages and try to keep their head above water.
Just a hint thou, if you are 50 years older and 50 kilos heavier and dye your hair, the boy probably in not
really in love with you but of course you will have to learn for yourself and go ahead and buy him the gold,
the mobile, the motorbike and even the house for mama and then you might start to realize some of the answers.. :cat:

November 16th, 2007, 13:02
Catawampuscat, most Asian cultures hold the elderly in very high esteem. One thoughtful woman writing in the AARP Journal (a widely read magazine for retired people in America) last year stated after moving to Japan she would have never had her face-lift surgery had she known this fact.

That the farang is fleeced by boys in Thailand speaks more about the farang's stupidity than that of the boys and says absolutely nothing about their sexual interests.

You are bringing totally Western values to the issue that would be well left behind in farangland.

And even in farangland, have you never heard of "chubby chasers" and "bear lovers"?

Youthfulness and appearing to be youthful viewed as an attribute is a Western vice for the most part and exists in Asia almost exclusively among those who have had their traditional values perverted by Western concepts.

I know this won't come as music to your ears, but there we are!

TrongpaiExpat
November 16th, 2007, 13:07
Nothing in iwantu20thailand indicates that he is over 50 years old and/or overweight. He might be a 20 year old guy on holiday.

I was 30 on my first trip to Thailand, some 24.74 years ago.

November 16th, 2007, 13:17
Dear TrongpaiExpat,

I addressed my comment directly to Catawampuscat who called himself "a callous old git". I think if you survey most guys coming here for sex, you will find that they are not ravishing beauties under 30, much less 20 as you speculated. Or am I wrong?

The fact of the matter is that we have no idea how old or how beautiful iwantu20thailand is, do we? We are just guessing and going by the odds.

But we can be certain that Catawampuscat is "a callous old git" because in a moment of candor he has admitted it.

Cheers!

catawampuscat
November 16th, 2007, 17:18
rs shotgun approach to posting is reminiscent but I will leave hydra hunting to the much despised deceased gossip queen of old
Hollywood, and her namesake here..
I do try to add a bit of humour and self deprecation to my postings and rather than a rare moment of candor, it was just a bit
of literary license, used to amuse. This may be the first time rs shifted away from the German businessmen and set his aim
on others.
This will be the last time I respond to rs when he sets his sights on me but will continue to point out when rs goes after his
usual prey.
I have learned from former mistakes and know a truth spinner agenda driven poster, when I see one.. :cat:

November 17th, 2007, 09:53
I'm going to Thailand for the first time in february and really don't know how to plan my holiday.......I've been reading your forum recently but I'm even more confused now about where and what I want to do.

Well I'm not surprised! Thailand is a big place and this Forum has MANY divergent ponts of view.
Well, here's another divergent point of view.

First trip to Thailand: Bangkok, Tarntawan, Purple Dragon Tours.
Dont try to do too much or see everything. Pay a few extra bucks to a tour company to see some of the highlights. Purple Dragon has a lot of nice guides that are not necessarily boyfriend material but are comfortable to be with.

As far as the guys from "Gay Romeo", consider them money boys. Have fun if you want to and make it worth their while also. Remember that ANY Thai boyfriend is going to be an expensive proposition. Don't take it on if you can't afford it.
If you wan't to have SEX, SEX, SEX!!! go to Pattaya. Party hearty, wear a "Party Hat" and remember that all "shipboard romances" end with the voyage.

Well, that's Uncle Kenny's advice....

November 19th, 2007, 08:06
Thanks to all the members who made suggestions for my upcoming trip.It's obvious i'll have to make some decisions about what I want to do when in Thailand.I'm thinking now that it is feasable to spend 1 week in the Bangkok area and make many day trips to the local attractions and possibly go to Pattaya also.I'v read that the beaches in Pattaya are ok but may be polluted.Can anyone tell me how the beaches and the quality of the water is in Pattaya.I like a little bit upscale and want a swimming pool at my hotel in Bangkok and Pattaya.I read on this forum that the Rose hotel is pretty good and gay-friendly.I'm a little worried that if I don't make a reservation for the hotel ,it may not be available.
The boy from Udonthani isn't a moneyboy and I didn't meet him on gayromeo.We have been chatting daily and we have agreed to meet in Bangkok.The other boys I met on gayromeo are a 22 year old university student and the other serious boy is a 24 year old chemical engineer.I don't get the impression they are moneyboys and they havn't asked for any money or anything else.I have chatted with a few more on gayromeo and can spot the moneyboys just by the way they chat with me.
I didn't expect meeting someone on the internet but it seems very likely something long term will be possible.Now I have to decide who i want to spend time with.The reason i chatted with more than 1 was because i wanted to know them a bit before our meetng and i have .I guess will split my holiday in 2 with the Udon boy and then with the Bangkok boy I choose.