PDA

View Full Version : Guys A Go Go

November 13th, 2007, 16:51
Guys A Go Go opens this Thurday, 15th, at 8 pm.
Special opening show at 9 pm with a taste of the usual show at 10.45
Soi Day Night One (The old Leks Bar)

November 13th, 2007, 20:50
While eating at Googie's tonight (Tuesday) I saw the workers finish the new sign "Guys". It is an impressive sign. I wish the owners yhe best

November 14th, 2007, 14:36
Did I forget to mention that there will be a pig roast and buffet from 8 pm.
Opening tomorrow 15th, and the place is completly refurbished.

November 14th, 2007, 17:18
Congratulations to veteran staff members of Le Cafe Royale in their various levels of participation in this new venture.

Ian Read's legacy is well endowed through the lives of the boys (men) he loved so much.

catawampuscat
November 16th, 2007, 17:35
Well, Guys opened last nite and no reviews. I am sure the author of this thread must have made an appearance.

I guess I will venture out tonite and take a look.. By the way, is it Guys Boy Bar or simply Guy Bar.
Guy Boy sounds redundant but if one thinks of gai, which sounds like guy, and in Thai means chicken. (gai=chicken) :cat:

November 16th, 2007, 21:43
Went there tonight. Very nicely decorated/furnished, but badly designed. Given the combination of high stage (boys knees at eye level) and low slung lighting means that the stage lighting is either shining straight in the boys eyes or actually slightly upwards. Many of the boys were shielding their eyes and complaining of the glare. Impossible to establish eye contact with the boys, and the angle of the lights is very unflattering. There wasn't one boy I say that was remotely under age, and the lighting made some of them appear a lot older, very gruesome.
Music very load, impossible to have a conversation. Baccardi Breezer 150 baht. less thgan a dozen customers between 9.15 and 10. about 30 boys, nearly all of the ill-defined slightly overweight body shape, lots of tattoos.

Didn't stay for the show, and probably won't bother going back again.

Pity, because the large space could have such potential.

November 17th, 2007, 00:53
Went to Guys tonight. Have to say i was not impressed.
Over weight boys, loud music and over priced drinks.

Shame really as it is such a large bar with a lot of scope.

November 17th, 2007, 10:17
Day and Night Plaza seems to have the Kiss of Death for gay venues.

Lek's Bar
Funny Boys 1
Niddy's Nook
Butterfly Go go
Butterfly Karaoke
Excellence Massage
Smart Bank Beauty treatments and penile massage house
to mention but a few that failed there.

The only survivor seems to be Googie's restaurant but then he has the luck of the Irish.

catawampuscat
November 17th, 2007, 10:23
One can only hope that the new owners will quickly make some changes or else this place will go under.

The easiest thing to change is the loud music and remember that it isn't a disco and the audience is paying
the money and not the fucking DJ, who thinks he is spinning gold but is just chasing away the customer.

Bad lighting is also easy to fix and obviously was not well thought out by designers. Fix it or else this place
will go under. No eye contact means no offs and loud music means headaches and unhappy customers.
Get the message or bite the dust and quick as first impressions take a long time to change... :cat:

WHOOPS!! I just looked at the first posting with bar sign and this place is indeed a DISCO.. Fucking insane policy
and reminds me of the Spotlite Bar in Sunee with was supposed to give the farangs a place to dance with their
boys. Disaster of course and a big waste of money..also very loud and always empty..
Go Disco after hours if you must but unless you are in business to lose money , rethink everything quickly..

November 17th, 2007, 10:23
Day and Night Plaza seems to have the Kiss of Death for gay venues.

Lek's Bar
Funny Boys 1
Niddy's Nook
Butterfly Go go
Butterfly Karaoke
Excellence Massage
to mention but a few that failed there.

The only survivor seems to be Googie's restaurant but then he has the luck of the Irish.

And he's only selling food!

I was in Oscars last night, people of course should go look at new venues and judge by themselves, but the guys in Oscars were less than complimentary with regards their first visit.

A lot of comments made were similar and reflect some of the above posts.

It is early days and people can realise mistakes and if they address them very quickly, may rescue the situation.

You can't afford to make too many mistakes when you are not on the beaten track!

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 17th, 2007, 15:52

I love the idea of doing my banking and having a penile massage at the same time.

TOQ
November 17th, 2007, 18:26

I love the idea of doing my banking and having a penile massage at the same time.

There are at least two other penile massage places in the area.. You will need to do your banking before you go :wave:

November 18th, 2007, 20:42
Dear Guys,

First, I am sorry for Pattayamale being eaten alive.

In truth I had already been in negotiations with the owners of this venue [ Old Leks bar] now Guys Disco and go go bar before the present gentleman.

I walked away from it for the following reasons:

1. My lawyers , [two sets,] informed me to be extremely careful with handing over excessive deposits to the owners [ Day Night Hotel] as there had been previous problems in this regard with previous tenants, who they knew.

2. They were asking Key money for basically a few out of date spotlights and the whole place needed re furbishing anyway, and the landlords would gain the ultimate benefit from these improvements, so why did they want these monies, when I provided them with visuals as to what we intended to do.

3.They wished to charge 45% extracharge for electricity on top of the normal tariff from the electric company and wanted us to pay for the meter! They wanted they same for the water!

4.They wanted excessive amounts for deposits and rents up front.

I decided it was not good business and we did not need to get back in the gay business so desperately.

I wish the present owner the best of luck.

The new owner is on slightly a sticky wicket combining a Disco and go go bar, as the majority of people financing these bars are fare paying, beer and whisky drinking, offing boys, picking up the bar tab Foreigners not the freelance beach boys who frequent and take up most of the space in these venues.

These boys can also cause friction trying to grab every Foreigner in the bar whilst the ones doing the work and dancing can only watch and wait to be noticed.

It may be an idea to focus more of the speakers directly over the stage dancing areas and definitely away from seating areas as We did in Throb so as people could talk , still enjoy the music and the boys were happy with the levels enabling them to dance enthusiastically.

The Disco versions of go go bars/Coyote bars seem to work very late night venues frequented by Thais who are wealthy having "done their work' and having money in their pockets and the occasional Foreigners who like to be party animals and creatures of the night.

They aren't as a rule particularly well patronised by Foreigners.

Just an observation from someone who doesn't know what he's talking about for the last 25 years.

zinzone
November 20th, 2007, 21:15
Took a look at this place recently.

Looks and feels new, good lighting, and efficient staff.

However:

The ones dancing on the stage are indeed overweight, podgy, and look bored and are also very uninteresting.

Why would I want to "off" one of these, or even buy him a drink?!

Maybe those responsible for the establishment can address the issue of the "quality" ,or lack of it, of the dancers.

November 20th, 2007, 22:23
Took a look at this place recently.

Looks and feels new, good lighting, and efficient staff.

However:

The ones dancing on the stage are indeed overweight, podgy, and look bored and are also very uninteresting.

Why would I want to "off" one of these, or even buy him a drink?!

Maybe those responsible for the establishment can address the issue of the "quality" ,or lack of it, of the dancers.

I know that the owner has been looking at this and there should be some new guys at 'Guys' very soon.
This is always the problem with a new Bar. "Been there, done that, got the T Shirt"

jinks
November 21st, 2007, 02:24
This is always the problem with a new Bar. "Been there, done that, got the T Shirt"[/b]

As opposed to the Michael days at Top Man......

"Been there, done that, HAD TO BUY the T Shirt"

lonelywombat
November 26th, 2007, 10:17
Congratulations to veteran staff members of Le Cafe Royale in their various levels of participation in this new venture.

Ian Read's legacy is well endowed through the lives of the boys (men) he loved so much.

As a regular visitor to cafe royale until the deaths of the two Ians, I am curious as to who are the staff members you refer to.

November 26th, 2007, 11:14
Lonelywombat:

Re: LCR boys and Guy Go Go ------ Lom who lives at Ian Read's house (now Robbie's) and worked the night shift in restaurant/piano bar, and often served as a driver for Ian, is now at Guy Go Go as a manager. A couple of night waiters are considering taking off for work at Guy Go Go. One daytime waiter who was scheduled to go from work at LCR to Guy Go Go from 8:00 p.m. until late is reconsidering.

On another note - other veteran staff at LCR - Joe, Boy, Nop, Maew, Jay, Chai, et.al. are now employed variously for several months to 4 years with Princess Cruise Lines operating out of Miami. Many of their cruises spend 4 months in the Baltic Region. While some now have 5 year visas for the U.S., still their contracts with the Lines are for 9-10 months and then they return to Thailand and await a new contract.

Tui and Jackie have both moved on. And, Khun S (Kitti) who worked on the day shift at front desk from June - October 2007 has passed on a future at LCR.

A review of the anniversary photos and quick visit will show many new staff at LCR. Some veteran staff remain including Nai, Noom, Mac, Edd.

thrillbill
November 27th, 2007, 21:38
I still like Boyz Boyz because they seem to be able to select their fellows rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel to have some scrawny, unhappy farm boy on stage. (and they seem to like being up there) I've been to other clubs but they all seem to have skinny, young looking nellies that look under 18-not my style. BUT Boyz Boyz needs to get a different show going. After seeing it 2-3 times a month, it is like torture standing there hearing the old 1940 tunes or musicals that the dancers motion themselves on stage with.

Why can't the other clubs teach the guys to move a bit on stage than to just stare into space and play with their cell phones that are insertend in their cracks? :cyclopsani: