PDA

View Full Version : Cats

TrongpaiExpat
November 12th, 2007, 20:46
The play, not Catawampus. Last night we went to the Bangkok performance at new Muanghai Rachadalai Theater in the Esplanade complex. The Theater is very nice, MRT stop Thailand Cultural Center.

The seats, sound and stage were all excellent. This is the traveling Broadway performance troupe. It was in English with two monitors on either side of the stage with Thai sub-titles. The dancing and singing were all very good.

I hope more Broadway troupes make there way to Bangkok in the future.They had to extend the performance dates due to high demand, so maybe more shows are in the offering. I though it would be Farang heavy in the audence but it was mostly Thai. If any of you Pattaya residents or visitors get a hankerin for some culture it's an easy trip up here and the Theater is easy to get to.

CATS (http://www.aappac.net/pdf/2007/CATS%20presskit%20English.pdf)

November 12th, 2007, 22:34
"Farang" culture. Not what I'm particularly after in Thailand. Besides, Cats is just about the only musical I ever walked out of halfway through.

jinks
November 12th, 2007, 23:31
Cats is just about the only musical I ever walked out of halfway through.

Meeeowwww :crazy: :crazy:

catawampuscat
November 12th, 2007, 23:38
The new lady-boy go go bar in Day-Night area of Pattaya is called Cats. :cat:

Word is that the old Lek's Go Go Bar in Day-Night is to reopen this week with a British owner.

The old Lek's mirrored giant name signage is gone and it seems like the Bank Bar is closed.
Bank is behind the old Lek's and probably is involved in the renovation. This new bar should
give a boost to the other boy bars nearby in addition to Cats. Office Boy seems well staffed and
Siam Boys is also to see more boy bar goers very soon.

November 13th, 2007, 08:13
.... If any of you Pattaya residents or visitors get a hankerin for some culture it's an easy trip up here and the Theater is easy to get to....

'Tis a sad day indeed when poor Pattaya Expats are reduced to seeing "Cats" to get a dose of "culture". :cat: :cat: :cat:

Wesley
November 13th, 2007, 10:07
Indeed, Indeed!

puckered_penguin
November 13th, 2007, 13:09
.... If any of you Pattaya residents or visitors get a hankerin for some culture it's an easy trip up here and the Theater is easy to get to....

'Tis a sad day indeed when poor Pattaya Expats are reduced to seeing "Cats" to get a dose of "culture". :cat: :cat: :cat:

There is plenty of culture under the foreskins of some gogo boys.

TrongpaiExpat
November 13th, 2007, 13:21
Dick Cheese in slang Thai is Keepeah I am guessing at the English spelling, all long e's and falling at the end, Kee-Pee-aha.

My last effort to introduce some culture to this board. :geek:

Aunty
November 13th, 2007, 14:40
Dick Cheese in slang Thai is Keepeah I am guessing at the English spelling, all long e's and falling at the end, Kee-Pee-aha.

My last effort to introduce some culture to this board. :geek:

Yes, save yourself the bother. The only 'culture' most around here are interested in is dick cheese. The Met crowd they are not!