PDA

View Full Version : What if your not a money boy???

November 12th, 2007, 02:21
I have a great friend in BKK who is terribly shy. If you looked in a dictionary for Gay Thai Guy you would find his picture. He is 38yl, 178cm (5"8") and 68kg (150 lbs) Thai thin and fairly nice looking. Completely devoted to family and devout Buddhist. Polite almost to a fault and incredibly enough pays his own way. Did I mention that he is terribly SHY???

When I am in Thailand we have a great time going to Dj Station and other places. But when I am gone he harldy goes out.

What I am trying to ask is, are there bars or clubs where white guys go that are not filled with 1001 money boys? Something like a quiet neighborhood bar where a decent white guy can find a decent Thai guy lookiing for more than a one night stand?

Thanks in Advance.......................Kamma Kid

allieb
November 12th, 2007, 02:37
What I am trying to ask is, are there bars or clubs where white guys go that are not filled with 1001 money boys? Something like a quiet neighborhood bar where a decent white guy can find a decent Thai guy lookiing for more than a one night stand?

NO DEAR YOU WHITE GUYS HAVE THE MONEY AND THEY NEED IT

thaiworthy-old
November 12th, 2007, 04:57

NO DEAR YOU WHITE GUYS HAVE THE MONEY AND THEY NEED IT

DITTO!

November 12th, 2007, 08:20
... but I think there was a post about people cultures etc and this falls straight into it.

This guy is probably similar to many other guys irrespect of culture - he probably only enjoys "certain" company; certain situations, doesn't really like the "heavy" life, queeny situations, might even like his own company - there are lots of guys around like this, and also the age factor, whilst he is not old, there is a point in your mid 30's where you may not want to to the things that one did when you're 18, similarly, you might want to do it - but generally people get more settled down and don't do things they dont like. And that's all this is and it goes for any guy wherever he comes from.

TrongpaiExpat
November 12th, 2007, 13:12
There are places you can go but you have to speak Thai and love Karaoke. Thais also tend to go out in large groups, so separating the one you want from the group is not easy. A lot of the Thai-Chinese in Bangkok are in the closet.

I am not "in the market" but if I was I would try all the Internet chat sites. There are a lot of non-money boys on-line. I guess many are not who they claim to be and it's hit or miss when you set up a meeting but worth a try. Meeting someone right is a lot of work and a lot of guys on Holiday just don't have the time. Others just live or visit Pattaya and have given up on anything else.

Brad the Impala
November 12th, 2007, 13:15
... but I think there was a post about people cultures etc and this falls straight into it.

This guy is probably similar to many other guys irrespect of culture - he probably only enjoys "certain" company; certain situations, doesn't really like the "heavy" life, queeny situations, might even like his own company - there are lots of guys around like this, and also the age factor, whilst he is not old, there is a point in your mid 30's where you may not want to to the things that one did when you're 18, similarly, you might want to do it - but generally people get more settled down and don't do things they dont like. And that's all this is and it goes for any guy wherever he comes from.

I guess that, as you are still in your twenties, you still have this to look forward to!

November 12th, 2007, 15:22
I have a great friend in BKK who is terribly shy. If you looked in a dictionary for Gay Thai Guy you would find his picture. He is 38yl, 178cm (5"8") and 68kg (150 lbs) Thai thin and fairly nice looking. Completely devoted to family and devout Buddhist. Polite almost to a fault and incredibly enough pays his own way. Did I mention that he is terribly SHY???

When I am in Thailand we have a great time going to Dj Station and other places. But when I am gone he harldy goes out.

Yes there are many such places but not many white men, well away from the tourist hotspots but not exclusively. Find yourself a new local and then hangout. The one you have is too shy for you, I would like his number, nothing I like better than doing shy things.
There a few places you could start I will try and dig them up. Problem is I never remember where it is exactly I am or being taken too, not being much of a creature of habit when in Thailand I forget, well yes and no, but mostly as far as clubs disco's etc I forget. But yes every area has it's favourite local haunts usually you are more than welcome and people will be interested in you for making the attempt, but you wont find many white men. Why do you need a place where "white guys" go? Also there are sooooooooo many other places to meet men your own age outside pubs bar and clubs, universities department stores just anywhere, most outdoor street eateries are a good place even the seven eleven. Find an interesting area and explore.

November 12th, 2007, 17:23

On Silom, the Winmill Restaurant near Tower Inn Hotel (Unicorn Silom) is a good option. Very decent, mixed, relaxed with middle class crowd.
Ot the good old Saxophone at Victory Mounement
There is also the very decent Bamboo Bar at the Oriental Hotel.

All this places are very different but well woth a visit. And gay friendly for sure.