PDA

View Full Version : Club 17 changes... for the better :)

jinks
November 11th, 2007, 16:44
With effect from 1st December 2007, Club One Seven Bed & Breakfast Phuket will be introducing new Penthouse Studio units.

Adding 17 more Beds to our current housing inventory:- a new bed and breakfast alternative.
Unlike our Superior and Deluxe Rooms, the penthouse studios will be rented out on a per person per bed per night basis, rather than per room per night basis.

Basically, there will be 4 beds in each Contemporary Studio unit, and 5 beds in the Japanese Studio.
Every studio occupant will have their own private locker to keep their personal belongings secure.
These studios will share communal shower rooms and toilets all located on the highest floor of Club One Seven B&B.
http://www.cluboneseven.net/images/studio2.jpg
http://www.cluboneseven.net/images/studio1.jpg

http://www.cluboneseven.net/index.htm

Maybe like the Barracks at Babylon, Bangkok.

I will look and see in December :cheers:

November 11th, 2007, 17:10
Now ive heard it all - A gay promoted Guest house advertising family style accom. Most gay people i know on a long haul holiday want private accom. Unles theyre trying for the back-packer or family element i dont see the logic of it. duhhhh.
Whats this going to carry the Youth Hostal logo :compress: Still maybe they know somthing i dont!!

Brad the Impala
November 11th, 2007, 17:30
The spin put on this is entertaining.

"Change for the better!" A hotel with dormitory rooms and no private facilities, but wow, for a special bonus, you will be given your own locker!

Smiles
November 11th, 2007, 17:40
What on earth are they thinking? jinks, are taking the middle bunk, between Homintern & Aunty?

Cheers ...

Sen Yai
November 11th, 2007, 17:42
Now ive heard it all - A gay promoted Guest house advertising family style accom.
Where did you hear that?

Most gay people i know on a long haul holiday want private accom.
Well, thats just the people you know...

.....Unles theyre trying for the back-packer or family element i dont see the logic of it. duhhhh.
Yes, lot of gay gays travel in Asia as 'back-packers'

Whats this going to carry the Youth Hostal logo :compress: Still maybe they know somthing i dont!!
No need to join the YHA or YMCA, but the thing that they know (and you don't, it seems) is that thousands of young gay Malaysians, Singaporeans, Taiwanese, Hongkies and others travel with their buddies to Thailand to get some time away from their families and usually look for low-cost accommodation. There's money to be made in catering to these young Asian tourists. Just compare the the number and type of bodies in DJ ever weekend to the (reducing) number and (aging) type of bodies found in the go-go bars of Shitsville every night.

Club One-Seven is run by a thirty-something Singaporean. I'm sure he knows his market.

jinks
November 11th, 2007, 18:21
are taking the middle bunk, between Homintern & Aunty?

You jest Sir....

As always I take the best room in the house.

With a BIG bed, I might take coals to Newcastle as I did last year.

For the non UK readers "take coals to Newcastle" is to take something to a place that already has an oversupply of it.

I might take Jakkrit with me from Pattaya, if he can get away from his NON BAR or GO-GO job.

November 12th, 2007, 01:57
Sen Yai has it exactly right. Since one of the rooms will be Japanese style I expect the owner has some happy memories of communal sleeping accomodation in that neck of the woods. It can get quite wild if you can get in - and youthful asians usually can.