PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Pride Events

TrongpaiExpat
November 9th, 2007, 12:29
There has only been one on the scene report, with Gaythailand and fatman about the dinner cruise. Is anyone going to these events?

If this was in Pattaya, by now there would be several at the scene reports, some with glowing praise and congratulatory platitudes with the proclamation, a good time was had by all. Then predictably the thread gets off track and a posting bitch slapping occurs.

Well, I went to the Balcony Issan Party last night. It was well attended, all the tables were full but mostly Farangs. Just a smattering of Thais and most of them with farangs BF's, about 5%. There was a 95B Issan Buffet, som tam, som chie and bugs, but few seemed to be interested.

Finally, the sound system did not have to compete with the two near-by bars, the only act playing on the street was the Issan party. The waiters were dressed in white knee socks and red and white checker mid length dresses. They opened the event with some contemporary Issan dance number and were not bad for not really being dancers and some are quite good looking.

Then some Issan real dance and performance group sang and danced to contemporary Issan music. One guy really sang but used a soundtrack of back-up singers.

There was a pass the hat for collections for something HIV, the Aids Temple I think. Lots of kee nok farangs seem to put only a 20B note in the hat.

By 11pm about 20% of the crowd left just before it got boring with the owner taking the mike or some long drawn out announcements. I took the cue of the more experienced and left.

I don't know if a good time was had by all, but I had a decent time and it was a nice night out. Well done Balcony.

November 9th, 2007, 13:34
Take a look at dragoncastle (http://dragoncastle.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=35) there are some photos there of this years Pride Events. As you said, Balcony was well attended last night, so was the Loy Nava dinner cruise and the Mr. Pride event on Soi 4.
But some of the other events must be an embarrassment: :pukeright: The Mexican Dinner :pukeleft: was an absolute flop by the look of the photos; I counted less than 10 faces.

TrongpaiExpat
November 9th, 2007, 14:01
I did not go to Coyote as I don't like the food there. For Mexican and Cajun I like Bourbon Street Restaurant (http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/bourbon_st_overview.html)

I guess they wanted someplace in the Silom area and Bourbon is not very gay, lots of farangs with Thai GF's go there but I don't care it's good.