PDA

View Full Version : Koh Larn

November 7th, 2007, 12:25
Are there place to stay on Koh Larn, or is it only a day-trip destination? Anything happen there at night?

November 7th, 2007, 12:44
Are there place to stay on Koh Larn, or is it only a day-trip destination? Anything happen there at night?

There are many accommodations that will make you feel right at home.

http://kohlarn.com/Photo/index.htm

Looks charming I never heard about it before, and so close to Bangkok, think I will try this for a few days relax.

November 7th, 2007, 14:01
Only went there once, on a day trip from Pattaya. Went over in the boat and took a taxi to the beach. The second we stepped out of the taxi it started raining. It continued to rain for three hours then I decided enough is enough and got a taxi back to the boat. On the way back on the boat it stopped raining and the sun came out.
I had a wonderful time - NOT.

That apart, I didnt actually see anything which would keep me there overnight.

Brad the Impala
November 7th, 2007, 15:05
Been to Koh Larn several times but many years ago. I thought that the only reason to go there now was that it was the closest place to Pattaya where the sea is relatively clean.

November 7th, 2007, 15:40
Been to Koh Larn several times but many years ago. I thought that the only reason to go there now was that it was the closest place to Pattaya where the sea is relatively clean.

Not only is the sea clean, but the beaches are very nice too.

G.

November 7th, 2007, 15:49
I know all of that, thanks. I was just wondering how many people spend the night there, and if there is anything to do at night. Would it be a good alternative to Samet, for a visit of a few days, to get away from all that that Pattaya "offers".

November 7th, 2007, 17:45
Found this review of a "resort" on Koh Larn. Doesn't sound too appetizing, if it's all that is on offer:

Hi sorry to answer so late, but maybe this would help to someone else.(My profile: I am an expatriate from Europe, in my 30s, architect, well travellled, married). About 'Larena resort' : It is situated in a midle of suage (which comes with all smells, dirt, rubish and noise). I was literarly shocked when I just steped out of a boat and asked for a taxi to take me to this 'resort', only to be told that I dont need a transport as -Iam looking at it!!! So, I have to go accross rubish and pass wright next to a local (folling apart, gypsy style) 'house' to enter the 'resort'. Not to mantion that I could not roll on my laguage as there was not path and the rubish was everywhere. The so called 'room' even through 'freshly' painted were smelly, old and dirty, with some syntetic bedsheats (I slept all dressed up!) and bathrooms that I was discussed to go in and touch anything at all (you can see through the hole underneath where all it goes..). Besides that, you are on the water, wright next to a pier where all those noisy local boats are comming and the noise starts at 5am and last till 23h, even longer. I had to spend there one night as I came with the last boat, but I did run away the next morning -even through I already paid for 2 more nights and would not get a refund. So, why did I booked this 'resort'? I saw a lovely photo, showing clear bluse water and Balinese style day beds with curtains, and so on, which really exist in a midlle of 'resort'. However, once when I croped the photos I took , and did all kind of photo retouch -i t really looked as a luxurious resort! What a sharade! Breakfast?A self-servise toasted bread with jam and tea (no milk at all), and after 30 min arrived called egg with some suspecious sausage. Island? There is a tiny, dirty, poor village and a beach on another side of island (which is just ok). Maybe it was a wrong season(april), but it was extremely windy, big waves and brown colour water. I live in Asia , saw many, many nice places and can not imagine that anybody would go there for a holiday and beach. All I saw were a midle age (seriously desparate) men with some cheap looking local women...-I guess thats the only reason why anyone would think about going to Pattaya at all. And ,I would not mind this accommodation existing (we all look for a different things), if it was not presented as a 3-4* 'resort' ,but raither as a cheap room to bring inn even cheaper girl...

Brad the Impala
November 7th, 2007, 18:43
Can this be the same place?!

Lareena Resort's Detail

Lareena Resort - Come to relax with us in butiuqe resort style on koh Larn. And you never forget to comeback to stay with us again.

Baan Klang Talay Rooms are standing on the sea and decorating in cozy & romance style.

www.thailandehotel.com/2h_detail.php?hotel_id=HT481161&province_id=77 (http://www.thailandehotel.com/2h_detail.php?hotel_id=HT481161&province_id=77)

However that looks about as good as it gets. This is the Koh Larn Information Centre Website:

Koh Larn Information CentreNavigation
About us

Accommodation

Lareena Resort

Activities

Beaches

Events

Forums

History of Koh Larn

How to get here

Photo gallery

Virtual Koh Larn tour

Home тА║ AccommodationLareena Resort
Located on the East of the island near the main village, and just 50 meters from the main pier, Lareena Resort is your place to relax. We are a 5-minute (Baht 30) motorbike-taxi ride (or alternatively there is a taxi drop-and-pick-up service), to any of the islandтАЩs many beaches.

We have 12 air-conditioned rooms, each with en-suite bathroom. Most rooms have a private balcony overlooking the sea. Our restaurant serves Thai food from 3 pm to 9 pm.

Room Rates
Suite: Friday, Saturday, and national holidays: 2,200 Baht
Sunday - Thursday: 1,800 Baht
Deluxe: Friday, Saturday, and national holidays: 1,800 Baht
Sunday - Thursday: 1,500 Baht

kohlarn.org/?q=node/12 (http://kohlarn.org/?q=node/12)

November 7th, 2007, 18:47
Yep, that's the place!

kodiak
November 9th, 2007, 04:22
Ive been to Koh Larn many times and is great close 1 hour get away from Pattaya......my experience has been nothing like stated above....it is relativley clean and quiet place......of course you are on a small island so not as many western toilet......But you are in Thailand ...enjoy the experience its great......beaches clean......me and BF rented one of the Jet Ski and had a blast.....the boy was halving a great time..as was I........Dont bother buying too many things from the shops there as all the same stuff you can get in Pattaya for much less........but was a delight for sure......will always make a minimum of a day trip to Koh Larn any time i stay in Pattaya. Cant wait to return

Brad the Impala
November 9th, 2007, 04:29
Ive been to Koh Larn many times and is great close 1 hour get away from Pattaya......my experience has been nothing like stated above....it is relativley clean and quiet place......of course you are on a small island so not as many western toilet......But you are in Thailand ...enjoy the experience its great......beaches clean......me and BF rented one of the Jet Ski and had a blast.....the boy was halving a great time..as was I........Dont bother buying too many things from the shops there as all the same stuff you can get in Pattaya for much less........but was a delight for sure......will always make a minimum of a day trip to Koh Larn any time i stay in Pattaya. Cant wait to return

Yes, but did you stay overnight? I think that the original question was about the nights, not the days.

kodiak
November 9th, 2007, 05:43
I have not stayed the night....but have researched and plenty of bungalows available. But quite sure nothing to do at night.....if you want night life...stay in Pattaya