PDA

View Full Version : HIV+ Boyfriend back in hospital

November 7th, 2007, 01:05
The apparently never ending cycle of good and bad news continues with my boyfriend back in hospital.

Hopefully he'll stay put this time until the doctors tell him it's OK to leave but he does have a habit of discharging himself before he should.

He's been in a lot of pain both from stomach problems and from his head. He's had fluid drained from his head repeatedly but I can't get any explanation of what's causing it. His stomach problems have recured every few months since before he was diagnosed as HIV+.

He's exhausted but comfortable after a very grim few weeks alone at home.

A planned trip to Cambodia together at Christmas is looking increasingly unlikely but I'll wait and see how he is next week. He's horrified at the thought of not going but it's probably wiser not to take him outside Thailand and away from the doctors who know about his condition.

He's shown in the past that he does have remarkable powers of recovery so I'm hopeful he'll soon make progress. Speaking to him on the phone today he sounded stronger than he has been and he's getting the pain killers he needed.

The problem is when he's discharged he returns to rural Ratchaburi and tends to take more of the painkillers than he should and then runs out. He has no local health care available so it's always a long wait and a long journey back to Bangkok before he gets more medicine. If I can persuade him to stay in hospital I'm hoping they can do more to get on top of his problems rather than this constant up and down in his health. How much of this is due to his HIV status and how much is unrelated I'm not clear.

November 7th, 2007, 03:39
Prayer
Loving God, you alone knows the end from the begining. We lift up all these HIV/AIDS patients to you. God, where there is pain we ask please remove it, where there is despair God grant them new hope and Father let them never doubt your power to save and heal. God we pray for those involved in the discovery of treatment that God you will fill them with Wisdom and that God you will give them a breakthrough in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. Lord, the families of the patients, protect them and give them patience and strength. God provide finances to fund the discovery endeavours and also to the patients for their medicines. God let your will, perfect health, be the portion of these dear ones in Jesus Powerful Name, Amen.
Be blessed.

marc11864-old
November 7th, 2007, 03:57
I'm sorry to hear once again that he's experiencing issues again with the HIV. That totally sucks. I will likely be returning to Thailand myself towards the end of December/beginning of January and would like to meet either or both of you while I am there if time and opportunity permit. I should likely be there for about 2 or three months visiting with my BF. Maybe dinner or something?

Hope that he feels better soon.

P.S. Is that your bf in the avatar that you are using? :)

Marc

November 7th, 2007, 04:37
I'm sorry to hear once again that he's experiencing issues again with the HIV. That totally sucks. I will likely be returning to Thailand myself towards the end of December/beginning of January and would like to meet either or both of you while I am there if time and opportunity permit. I should likely be there for about 2 or three months visiting with my BF. Maybe dinner or something?

Hope that he feels better soon.

P.S. Is that your bf in the avatar that you are using? :)

Hi
Can't say where I'll end up at the moment until it's a bit clearer how my boyfriend gets on over the next few days and then nearer Christmas. I have a deadline with the flights to Cambodia of November 16 if I'm going to cancel. We went to Hua Hin last year at Christmas so that might be the alternative if we don't make it to Cambodia. Hua Hin has the advantage of not being too far from where he lives. I'm unlikely to be in Bangkok except passing through but I'll keep posting and perhaps nearer the time we can see if there's a possibility of meeting somewhere.

As for the Avatar, no that's not my boyfriend as I wouldn't risk him being identified because of his HIV status. That's an old friend of a few years ago "Neung" who could sleep like nobody I've ever met. The hotel staff actually changed the sheets with him in the bed and he didn't wake up.

marc11864-old
November 7th, 2007, 05:44
I'm looking forward to meeting you both. I think I mentioned a while ago that I'm also positive and my bf isn't so I'm interested in better understanding HIV issues faced by natives in Thailand and of sero-discordant international couples as well as just having good people to socialize with while I am there. And since I plan to do some traveling in the interior, I'm not limited to meeting either of you in Bangkok.

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Marc