PDA

View Full Version : What kind of fool am i?

November 3rd, 2007, 03:21
I have been to Pattaya twice this year, i think Thailand is the most beautiful place i have ever seen and the boys there are equally beautiful.

On my first visit i admit i got caught up with the excitement of it all and met a really sweet 26yo thai boy. He was beautiful and funny and i fell for him immediately.

It didnt take long to discover that he was a money boy but i didnt care it was worth the money just to be with him. i saw him everyday for the 2 weeks i was there and had the best time ever. I gave him my mobile number and email and promised to keep in touch always.

When i got home i reckoned i had spent about 38,000 bht on him but i didnt mind. We kept in touch, mainly by him not being able to pay his rent and asking for my help.
i probably sent him about 12,000bht before i went back for the 2nd time and couldnt help but think what bad luck he seemed to have.
i went back to pattaya for the second time in july and arranged for my friend to stay with me. I had a wonderful time, we hired a car and went on trips together, we went to karaoke, bowling, snooker etc.

It was heaven and i have never been so happy. At the end of the 2 weeks it was an emotional farewell and i gave him 20,000 bht plus all the gifts, food and drink i had given him.
Within days of arriving back home his luck just seemed to have got worse. His mum got cancer and he needed to get home, he had to visit and pay for a dentist, he had a motorbike accident, damaging his friends bike.
He as always couldnt pay his rent because he couldnt get customers. Then he was in debt and was threatened with death if he didnt pay back 20,000 bht to someone.

Of course, all these problems came to my door and if i refused he threatened suicide.
What do i do, i work as an assistant in a shop and dont earn a great deal. Are all his stories lies?
Is he conning me and having a good laugh? what if he really is so unlucky how do i live with myself if he dies?

Any advice or comments welcome

bing
November 3rd, 2007, 03:40
You make an astute observation about Thai guys being pleasing to the eye and heart as well. Not all the guys you meet will be out to milk the last baht out of you, but some do. It is your finances, so you be the judge how you want to spend it. It seems your friend is really needy, more than is acceptable. Why not cut the strings and know and be comforted with the knowledge you can happily find a nice guy who will value you and not take advantage. Best of luck in finding a new friend.

November 3rd, 2007, 05:47
You are not the first, and by no means will you be the last. It was worth a go at the beginning if you really liked the guy, but take the advice from the forum members. If he had been genuine then the amounts asked for would have been small and not frequent. Thai's can live on practically nothing compared to Westerners. Keep in mind that a young graduate from uni with a degree will only be earning around 6-8,000 Baht per month and they would still manage to help the family with that.
Bite the bullet mate, and go somewhere else first you will soon make loads more sexy friends, and you never know you might even be luckier and meet a guy who likes you and not your wallet, it does happen...........Once you feel comfortable with the 'Thai Ways' next time you meet your first friend just say hi and smile and move on, no one loses face......

catawampuscat
November 3rd, 2007, 10:07
It is a game and fun to play as long as you don't take it too seriously.
Reality is these are poor undereducated boys that we spoil outrageously and overindulge trying to buy their
affection, make them like us and for the really delusional , make them love us.

Forget about mirrors, forget about 50 year age differences, forget about being unable to speak to each other,
This boy is different, this is real, not a game, like with the other fat, old, passed it farangs you see and you know
because you never feel so strongly before, not so intensely but alas it is all part of a game..

And the winner is the boy with the most besotted farangs hanging on every phone call and believing any yarn one
spins. It is pathetic but it is a curse and a sickness and most of us recover after the first time but some love junkies
keep on shelling out the mobiles, motorbikes, gold, and cash and buy into every story when they ask the boy in
all seriousness, "honey , do you need any money?" and the boy comes up with another reason for the magical
transfusion of money from the fat old fart into their account.

It is a game and when you learn how to play, it can be lots of fun. I usually just laugh when a boy tries the bullshit on me
and ask them "how is your problem with (pick any crisis) my problem?" The Thais con each other all the time and it is just
a face saving polite way to "borrow" money but has become a fine art with deep pocketed delusional farangs..

If you can't afford to play, just say so and when the boy realizes that the money tree has lost its leaves, they move on to other ones.
It is a game.. have fun, fuck your brains out, party hardy and move on when the bullshit gets too thick.
It is hard to believe when you are obsessed with your first true love, but there are more fish in this sea than can even be imagined
and the sea is refilled daily with lots of fresh fish waiting to be hooked and adored..... :cat:

November 3rd, 2007, 10:45
What a cynical bunch you all are. Perhaps the boy really is having a run of bad luck. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

G.

Wesley
November 3rd, 2007, 11:09
Go have a good time and learn how to say" No It may be hard at first but you will find out really quick if he is playing you for the fool. If you say no and he hangs around you win, if he still plays the game say no and find another boy to spend your money on. I fell in love with them all.

Have good trip,

Wesley

November 3rd, 2007, 11:54
Reality is these are poor undereducated boys that we spoil outrageously and overindulge trying to buy their

Forget about mirrors, forget about 50 year age differences, forget about being unable to speak to each other,
This boy is different, this is real, not a game, like with the other fat, old, passed it farangs you see and you know
because you never feel so strongly before, not so intensely but alas it is all part of a game..

And the winner is the boy with the most besotted farangs hanging on every phone call and believing any yarn one
spins. It is pathetic but it is a curse and a sickness and most of us recover after the first time but some love junkies
keep on shelling out the mobiles, motorbikes, gold, and cash and buy into every story when they ask the boy in
all seriousness, "honey , do you need any money?" and the boy comes up with another reason for the magical

It is a game and when you learn how to play, it can be lots of fun. I usually just laugh when a boy tries the bullshit on me
and ask them "how is your problem with (pick any crisis) my problem?" The Thais con each other all the time and it is just
a face saving polite way to "borrow" money but has become a fine art with deep pocketed delusional farangs..

If you can't afford to play, just say so and when the boy realizes that the money tree has lost its leaves, they move on to other ones.
It is a game.. have fun, fuck your brains out, party hardy and move on when the bullshit gets too thick.
It is hard to believe when you are obsessed with your first true love, but there are more fish in this sea than can even be imagined
and the sea is refilled daily with lots of fresh fish waiting to be hooked and adored..... :cat:

I just cannot help myself from commenting on what a wonderfully well written message this is! It could serve as a model for us all.

TrongpaiExpat
November 3rd, 2007, 12:02
Yes, I agree too and have to scratch the cat behind the ears for that post. See, you can be a nice useful kitty sometimes. Well done.

November 3rd, 2007, 12:16

Touche Cat. Great Post. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggthumpup.gif

G.

dab69
November 3rd, 2007, 12:31
what kind of fool would you be if you hadn't given love a shot?

November 3rd, 2007, 15:07
There's an old saying in Tennessee тАФ I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee тАФ that says, fool me once, shame on тАФ shame on you. Fool me тАФ you can't get fooled again.

catawampuscat
November 3rd, 2007, 16:00
Right now, a farang I recently met is in the throes of the sickness. He listens and hears what the other farangs tell him but
each of us knows this guy is too far gone to be rational and snap out of it.

He honestly believes there is something unique between the bar boy and himself and talks to the boy for hours even thou neither understands
a word and the farang thinks something useful comes out of this melodrama. What he doesn't understand is that the cultural,
language, social class, age and other differences make the kind of relationship he wants, just impossible.

This farang is the type of guy who meets a boy and makes plans with him for the week even before they leave the bar and
consumate their first tryst. The boys must think he is over-the-moon and wacked out but he thinks they feel what he feels and
they are sharing karma, past lives and profound emotions. It is sad, but this farang is beyond help and needs to go thru the whole torture
and have his heart broken and his wallet cleaned out.

My guess is that the farang thinks, because he is not quite as old, or as obese or just plain ugly as many of the other farangs, that this
makes a difference to the boys but being 55 or 58 instead of 65 or 70 years old and being normal (using medical charts) weight instead
of spilling out of your chair and still having most of his hair on his head, matters little to teenage or early 20 something boys.
It matters to us, the farangs, of course but save your money on face lifts and hair dyes, the boys still think you are old if past 40 or so..

:cat:

November 3rd, 2007, 16:10
Send him an email and ask for some money for your sick bank manager!

November 3rd, 2007, 23:12
Right now, a farang I recently met is in the throes of the sickness. He listens and hears what the other farangs tell him but
each of us knows this guy is too far gone to be rational and snap out of it.

He honestly believes there is something unique between the bar boy and himself and talks to the boy for hours even thou neither understands
a word and the farang thinks something useful comes out of this melodrama. What he doesn't understand is that the cultural,
language, social class, age and other differences make the kind of relationship he wants, just impossible.

This farang is the type of guy who meets a boy and makes plans with him for the week even before they leave the bar and
consumate their first tryst. The boys must think he is over-the-moon and wacked out but he thinks they feel what he feels and
they are sharing karma, past lives and profound emotions. It is sad, but this farang is beyond help and needs to go thru the whole torture
and have his heart broken and his wallet cleaned out.

My guess is that the farang thinks, because he is not quite as old, or as obese or just plain ugly as many of the other farangs, that this
makes a difference to the boys but being 55 or 58 instead of 65 or 70 years old and being normal (using medical charts) weight instead
of spilling out of your chair and still having most of his hair on his head, matters little to teenage or early 20 something boys.
It matters to us, the farangs, of course but save your money on face lifts and hair dyes, the boys still think you are old if past 40 or so..

:cat:

Another one catawampuscat, and spot on! I should print these out on a card for distribution even to a few of the so-called experienced. If you are not a psychoanalyst, you missed your calling in life.

globalwanderer
November 3rd, 2007, 23:32
don't feel too bad... i am sure we've all been a fool at least once.... ;)

PeterUK
November 3rd, 2007, 23:55
Sensible advice on the whole in this thread, though the self-congratulatory cynicism of some grates a bit after a while. I would merely add that not all barboys match the money-grabbing stereotype. Some genuinely want a long-term relationship with a farang and make no unreasonable demands. A few even fall in love with farangs a lot older than themselves. It happens. The farang who has a bad experience with a boy and thereafter hardens his heart to one and all is condemning himself to as much unhappiness as the farang who rushes naively into a romance. There is a time to be generous with one's money as well as a time to keep the wallet shut.

November 3rd, 2007, 23:59
Some genuinely want a long-term relationship with a farang and make no unreasonable demands.

But one must ask themselves WHY they want a long-term relationship with a farang. Usually, it's for financial security rather than for love.

Brad the Impala
November 4th, 2007, 00:06
Sensible advice on the whole in this thread, though the self-congratulatory cynicism of some grates a bit after a while. I would merely add that not all barboys match the money-grabbing stereotype. Some genuinely want a long-term relationship with a farang and make no unreasonable demands. A few even fall in love with farangs a lot older than themselves. It happens. The farang who has a bad experience with a boy and thereafter hardens his heart to one and all is condemning himself to as much unhappiness as the farang who rushes naively into a romance. There is a time to be generous with one's money as well as a time to keep the wallet shut.

Nicely put, and an accurate analysis, in my opinion.

Brad the Impala
November 4th, 2007, 00:14
repeat message deleted

kittyboy
November 4th, 2007, 00:37
I met a guy in Pattaya back in 1996. He was very sweet, handsome, well built, etc... We met at the gym. We had a great time together. Took a few trips. We went to Ko Samui with one of his friends (I paid for the three of us), etc... He would often tell me about the love lives of the other boys. Who was scamming who (or whom?) and how many boyfriends they had. He was also pretty honest about how stupid most of the farang seemed to the boys. Coming over to pattaya falling in love with a money boy then going home and hoping that the boy would be faithful until the next visit 11 months in the future. When I left I gave him about 10,000 baht as a going away present (we had spent about 12 days together).

We kept in touch and I would send him $100 US dollars every year for his birthday but he never asked for anything.
I have made several trip to thailand over the years and always looked up my friend. We would spend a few night together but the old magic of the first trip was not there. In 2001 I let him know I was coming and he told me his grandmother was very sick etc.... and he needed money to go visit. I sent him $100.

When I got to pattaya he came back to see me. We hung out for a few days and then he told me his grandmother had died and he asked me for some money for the funeral. I had heard stories from the local farangs about how some thai men will tell you sob stories about the sick buffalo, sick mother, dead grandmother, etc...and I have to say I was a bit suspicous. Then he asked me to go to the funeral with him.

It turns out his grandmother had died. I went to the funeral. It was in some place north east of pattaya out in the middle of pineapple fields. I was the only farang there. The people were all very nice and pleasant. I have no idea what they were thinking about me the big white guy sitting with the family during all the festivities. It was as much a party as anything else. Lots of whiskey drinking and eating the night before the actual ceremony. It appeared as if most of the village was there. Anyway, I gave about $150 dollars to the family.

Moral of the story... sometimes the grandmother does die. How often I do not know and it may be that most of the time it is a scam. But with the guy I met it was not. Maybe the difference was I liked the guy he liked me (I think). But I made it clear that it was a very temporary arangement and I was happy to pay for his time and services. We evantually lost touch with each other. He met a guy in pattaya who lived there and he moved in with the guy. I don't know if he is happy but I do hope that he has found someone to love and be loved by in return.

allieb
November 4th, 2007, 01:46
Cat has said it all nothing more anyone can add except If you do happen to speak to him one more time tell him " I'm sorry all my money is tied up in cash"

Having said that don't feel bad we have all been fools, been there done that. A friend of mine who lives in Pattaya has a housekeeper who showed me a book she had bought in the store that contained hundreds of text messages to send your farang. It's fully translated and with paragraphs of advise on which one to send at which stage of the relationship.

I broke a relationship with a Thai boy for many of the same reasons and one day a year or so on in a weak moment called him just to say hello. Oh he was so pleased to hear my voice and all that shit. Next day I got a text "please call me" I called,and guess what? HE WANTED MONEY And wait for this, he had pawned all the gifts his latest farang had given him and the farang was arriving the next week and he needed to get them out of hock. 10 points for trying but goodbye was the last word I said to him.

November 4th, 2007, 09:07
.....Well i know now ...a total fool. but at least i have recognized it and can do something about it.

Again thanks to all that offered advised

I don't think there's ever been a thread where all the posters, even bitter enemies, agree. I guess the reason is we've all been there and we've all been fools at least once.

So join the F.O.F Club (Fcuked Over Farangs Club) footykit and don't feel too bad.

And yes, sometimes Grandma dies die.

But she only dies once...... :minzdr:

November 4th, 2007, 11:07
footykit - here's a good book how the game is played: Private Dancer by Stephen Leather. Is is about a money girl not boy but the rest plays the same as yours. Hope yours doesn't end up like the book.

TrongpaiExpat
November 4th, 2007, 12:13
I met this boy in Pattaya that was running more than 10 hotmail accounts for his friends at the bar. This boy was very good at English, typing and making up stories that resulted in money being sent. If the boys in this bar managed to get a farangs E mail they gave it to him and he would get a cut of what ever money came their way.

I let him use my free Internet connection and I read many of the E mails from clueless farangs poring their heart out to this scam.

He did screw up a few times with consistency rushing at a paid Internet cafe but he said he could most times get the farang to send something and a few sent money monthly.

He told me the trick is not to lay in on too fast or too heavy. Killing and sick relatives was not his style. Money for school worked out better he told me. Help me learn a trade so I can get out of this bar was one of the better scams. Sometimes he would not ask directly just a few hints and see where it was going and then never ask for it all at once.

TrongpaiExpat
November 4th, 2007, 12:54
He latter, so I heard, went back to the University he had left, and graduated with honors and now has a good job in Udon.

In my defense Judge Gomez(s), all I did was let him use my computer. He just said he wanted to check his E mail and then I noticed he kept changing names. I asked latter and he told me what he was doing after the fact.

If that defense does not work, it's past the statue of limitations for prosecution.

I'll hold the insanity defense for a last resort.

November 4th, 2007, 19:08
Hello my friend. I visit Pattaya 4 times a year and love it also. Unfortunately the game is, how much can I get out of my Farrang. They do love you, but in the end, you are going home and they have to stay. Keep the money in your pocket and tell him you love him but you just don't have it and if he wants to keep asking, you will have to finish him. If you do want to send him money, think of a budget and tell him that is what you will send per month, period. Remember the rooms are about 4,000 baght per month and I would lay money that you are only one of his boyfriends. I have suggested that we all start pooling together and make a book of the BOYS EXCUSES TO GET MONEY. It would be a best seller! My boy has had his mothers legs amputated because of diabetes and she died once. Came back to life! They go on and on.

Smiles
November 4th, 2007, 19:20
" ... I have suggested that we all start pooling together and make a book of the BOYS EXCUSES TO GET MONEY. It would be a best seller! .... "
Each and every scam story has already been written on this Board ... a thousand times over. Each one makes us feel oh, so, warm that we've got the 'Real Number' on the thieving, scheming little Thai bastards.

Who needs a book if you have Sawatdee to keep you informed?

Cheers ...

jinks
November 4th, 2007, 20:08
scheming little Thai bastards.

You might be more truthful .........

The most loveable scheming little Thai bastards

Brad the Impala
November 4th, 2007, 21:43
There is a pervasive air of racist moral superiority that makes this thread quite disturbing.

November 5th, 2007, 00:04
I want to thank all posters to this thread. Hopefully it will save me both heartache and money as I am a newbie about to depart for my second trip to BKK and Payatta.

I've heard it all and read it all on these forums for the last year. However, some of the ones on this thread are so well written I hope and trust the memory of these written words will keep me sane in a few weeks. I know the sickness hit me on my first trip with 24 hours. It will again, and I must remain strong.

Before Thailand I used to communicate via email with boys from the Philippines. Those beautiful creatures wasted no time needing money to complete nursing school. Always the same with a few grandmothers thrown in for good measure.

Thanks again. Great thread and comforting to know I am not alone with the reoccurring sickness. I shall strive to have fun nightly and move on with no regrets.

Brad the Impala
November 5th, 2007, 01:34
Apologies for being unable to join this club. I take no pride in this, and only point this out to correct the assumption, that seems particularly pervasive in Pattaya, that we have all been fucked over one time or another, and that most if not all thai guys are always trying it on in one way or another.

I have had relationships, short and long, with Thai guys since I was in my twenties, which is a very long time ago. The guys have been at different ends of the spectrum from rent boys to teachers to fringe players.

I have NEVER been asked for a gold chain. No parent, grandparent or buffalo has died. I have never paid a "salary" or been asked for one.

I have purchased a food stall that set up a small business for a guy and his sister. I have bought computer equipment that has been well used and opened up new opportunites. I have paid for the celebration at a boyfriend's ordination. These are gifts that have been given wholeheartedly, and received and used in the spirit intended.

If there are guys unworldly enough to allow themselves to be conned and fucked on a regular basis, whether it be through cold calling charlatan share salesmen, or beach boys in Gambia or Jomtien, they don't really have my sympathy. All advertising is to an extent a lie, whether you are selling shares or soap powder or sex. We all know this, so to expect a advertisement to tell you "our product is really the same as everyone else's, but ours has prettier packaging" or to expect a rent boy to tell you that you "smell bad and were a lousy lay" is so naive as to be pathetic.

If you need to join the FOF club, I would suggest that you are doing something wrong. Are you screwed in the head, unable to see reality? Are you sending out the wrong signals? "I am a sap please take advantage of me". Or are you just patronising guys, because of your purchasing power? Or are you emotionally actually unable, because you are so unaware of who you are, to have the sort of relationship that you want?

thaiworthy-old
November 5th, 2007, 03:59
Is it better to be safe than sorry? As if the allusion of some nebulous FOF club affords that opportunity, then it is up to each individual to decide. It is just symbolic anyway. I think there are those among us who do feel threatened and just want some relief from the constant droning of some of these lads. The assumed victim then, is the farang, and this really happens everywhere, not just in Thailand.

It is my belief that in this world there are the haves and have-nots. Those that have, share-- with those who have-not. The degrees of foolishness on one hand and altruism on the other seem to be vastly separated, with the foolishness and shame that comes with it, far more pervasive. Is it shame that makes us want to hide behind a symbolic Club? Embarrassment?

Perhaps the reason this is so discomforting is because the FOF club is the concept of a collective, namely some of the members of Sawatdee Gay Thailand. Not a lynch mob. No one is threatening revenge. Some may feel the need to defend themselves when some others feel there is nothing to defend. It is all based on one's own experience with different people.

However, this thread has suddenly become a feeding frenzy for those nasty scheming Thai bastards. For me, this thread reached a virtual watershed once Throngpaiexpat told us he had witnessed it firsthand with the friend who had 10 hotmail accounts. That was a red alert, or a rallying cry to do something, anything in defense of oneself, anyone who had been groomed, tricked, betrayed, whatever . . .

To the rent boy, it is a business and a game. The farang wants to play the game, and the boy wants the business. Some boys are just more aggressive than others and some farang are just more foolish, which, by the way, is the subject of this thread.

catawampuscat
November 5th, 2007, 10:06
I agree with fattman and there is more than one way to look at this topic. Of course, when we generalize and write
about all Germans or all Americans or all Thais, we are writing in an ignorant way.

It is a percentage of Thai money boys/girls, who have the skills to use computers, have foreign language abilities,
are shrewd enough to recognize an opportunity to fulfill foolish old (and not so old) men's fantasies and pull in
the money from lonely, unwanted and untouched men of rich countries. Even in this group, there is an even smaller
percentage who master the art and can handle many many farangs at once and make them each feel special..

Many of us walk around with "kick me" signs on our backs and encourage and abet the scoundrels with our desperate
need to have talks, to explain how intense our feelings are, to want to lift the boy out of his miserable life of having to
be intimate with other old fat whatever men like ourselves, and we bring it on ourselves. It would take a saint, not to
take some advantage of first world "rich" who behave so foolishly and pathetically just to be touched, to make believe
even for a moment that their mirrors lie and they are still desirable, still wanted, still men.

Generalizing is dangerous and a waste of time. Once in a while, someone will learn from others foolish behavior and maybe
a thread like this can save a fellow farang from making a complete ass out of himself and keep his retirement funds intact.
Most have to learn the hard way and most will continue to think that this teenager or young 20 something really has the hots
for us even thou we are older than their grandparents and often hideous beyond belief. Such is the power of touch, of sweet
talk and we will pay like old men have for centuries to play the game. It can be fun and very rewarding as long as one
keeps his head and doesn't play the fool again and again... :cat:

krobbie
November 5th, 2007, 10:40
Well, that's the last time I put my hand up. I was warned not to let too much slip of a personal nature on this forum, unless one is prepared for the slings and arrows. I shall just sit back and read. Huh ... NOT!

I hadn't realised that the F.O.F. cencept would actually be taken so seriously. It is up to any one individual, to whom and for what reason we divest our selves of funds. No-one (at least I hope not) is standing over us with a gun saying give me the money.

My aside to kenc re: F.O.F. was not meant as defintive ... just gest, if that is still allowed.

Breathe in ... breathe out ...

TrongpaiExpat
November 5th, 2007, 11:37
Well, that's the last time I put my hand up. I was warned not to let too much slip of a personal nature on this forum, unless one is prepared for the slings and arrows. I shall just sit back and read. Huh ... NOT!

I hadn't realised that the F.O.F. cencept would actually be taken so seriously. It is up to any one individual, to whom and for what reason we divest our selves of funds. No-one (at least I hope not) is standing over us with a gun saying give me the money.

My aside to kenc re: F.O.F. was not meant as defintive ... just gest, if that is still allowed.

Breathe in ... breathe out ...

I guess you could start out a personal experience with I have a good friend that................

To me a personal story holds more weight. Those posters that write in the third person, give vague advise and cut and paste their way through a post don't have my full attention. Just my personal opinion.

November 5th, 2007, 12:05
These Thai Moneyboys are not EVIL, just good businessmen. You can't blame them. My EX (who didn't even complete gradeschool) makes about 10,000 baht a week as a massage guy/moneyboy. He works the massage parlor, the clubs, and the internet (particulary GAYROMEO) like a pro. My current BF is college educated, works 10 hour, 6 days weeks in a office for 13,000 baht a month. However, my BF will still have a career when he's 40. Moneyboys have to get what they can as fast as they can, because once they reach a certain age, their marketability and income will come to a screeching halt. Some, Like my EX, realize that and actually save their money (he has almost a million baht in the bank!), others blow it all on drugs and good times. Such is life....

TrongpaiExpat
November 5th, 2007, 13:04
Most don't make any thing close to that and I have yet to meet one that saves.

One I know, friend of my BF, has a Swiss Farang that sent him 100,000B per month and he spent about 125,000 per month. Two years latter they had a falling out over going to school and he was cut off. He is now working for 5000B per month in a laundry.

He is now living back home, he is now pushing 30. When he was in his early 20 he looked very youthful, now his age is showing and his attitude has never been good. He figures his money boys days are over. He has no regrets.

Not spent on drugs but on going out to the Disco and then party all night and picking up the check bin for him and 15 or 20 close friends.

In (Thai) theory, if you take care of your friends when you have money then they will take care of you when you don'e have money. I don't see that is holding true.

November 5th, 2007, 13:17
Young men have told me they want to send money to family every month. If he needs money someday, the family will take care of him?
Lets examine this closer. The young man is helping his old grandmother, (I have seen her many times) with cash. She raised him. Fair enough. But when he is older, grandmother will be only a memory, and what other family member will take care of him. This, take care and be taken care of has a fatal flaw. the booyman has spoken.

krobbie
November 5th, 2007, 15:23
I have a friend .....

... that met a moneyboy in Phuket. They spent some time together an, as it turns out the young man had built a house in the northeast provinces. By built I mean, the absic structure was there with its walls and roof and the floor tiling and front porch was all completed but it had no windows doors or interior walls to separate into rooms.

My friend thought this very industrious as did most of the boys in the soi. This structure is now complete due to a few dollars gifted to his bf (I believe). There's not a stick of furniture accept a large bed and a brand new light blue washing machine.

Go figure. If I ask my friend I'm sure he'll send a photo.

There's one that obviously saved.

I am sure others will have their opinions on the hows, whens, and whys ... all I am doing is reporting what I have been told.

November 5th, 2007, 15:35
Of course there are predators around and stealth prostitutes are most often found outside bars, BUT why should we foreigners coming from a wealthy country pretend having what we are looking for for free?

All is to keep the situation under control and not let them take us for fools.

Learning the language is essential and possible for people visiting often or staying here. I do not accept that long time staying foreigners do not make this effort. It helps also about cultural understanding.

Personally I find it more disturbing to see younger foreigners who pretend having it for free. We should take our responsibilities and put the right amount to the right people. This is more than fair to enhance their lives and stops them also from lying and telling stupid stories.

November 5th, 2007, 16:05
Oh thats too terrible, I can't believe what a cynical bunch of people you all are. I can hardly bear to read.

He swallows toilet cleaner, probably undiluted bleach and ends up in intensive care and all you advise is for Footie to ignore him and his best friends desperate note on his behalf and walk away? Did you even ask which hospital?
He could be lying there on his last gasping breath. His big hooded eyes desperately searching the cold uncaring isolation ward for even a glimpse of your arrival, a chill fever clawing this perfect little life beneath the wet thread bare sheet clinging to his soft skin, the last flicker of life hope and everything resting on this, only this, his remarkable and undying love for you, for you alone.

And what do you do, you decide not only to ignore his painful pleas, but to go somewhere else entirely in Thailand, just in the unlikely event he recovers and is back out on the same sordid streets where you picked him up the first time and you happen to bump into his broken little frame and shattered heart again. How could you treat a fellow human being with such ruthless indifference? How could you. HOW COULD YOU????

TrongpaiExpat
November 5th, 2007, 18:08
Those entry doors are exactly the same on my BF family house. They look like something that belongs on a store rather than a residence.

They tend to keep the rooms sparse of furniture as a design. For dinner a big mat comes out and everyone sits on the floor. Then sleeping mats come out at night and are taken up in the morning and put away.

The BF house has an enclosed bedroom, they use it to store the furniture.

In Issan even those with some money, don't seem to decorate a room with furniture western style.

November 5th, 2007, 20:26
Just wanted to say that I love the Sawatdee post board

So much information (some good - some not so good) but none the less interesting.

It helps a guy keep in touch and and allows one to see what is happening. I have visited pattaya many times and if it was not for the helpful expats I would be bankrupt and maybe in a Thai prison, making small rocks out or big ones. Pattaya is a gift from heaven for a Gay guy with a little Hell mixed in. Many of you who post on this Board are doing a wonderful service. Please keep up the good work and thank you again. Have a good drink to toast our good fortune. Remember if living in Thailand gets you down - you could always be in your home country and having a lot less fun at a higher cost.

allieb
November 5th, 2007, 21:51
Short and simple,what ever you like to call us farang. FOF fucked over farang or fat old farang. Call it what you like but the truth is that we and people like us, before us created these monsters. Go in with your eyes open and set yourself a limit or stay away.

I once saw a very old fat farang outside the Telephone Bar handing out 1,000 baht notes to a crowd of about 15 Thai boys surrounding him. He selected 3 of them and took them off. One of the waiters told me that he came regularly and was the CEO of an international company and was very rich. What can we expect when there are people like that around. The Thai boys will do as some of the posters do on this board and generalize the behavior of farang

November 5th, 2007, 22:02
Short and simple,what ever you like to call us farang. FOF fucked over farang or fat old farang. Call it what you like but the truth is that we and people like us, before us created these monsters. Go in with your eyes open and set yourself a limit or stay away.

I once saw a very old fat farang outside the Telephone Bar handing out 1,000 baht notes to a crowd of about 15 Thai boys surrounding him. He selected 3 of them and took them off. One of the waiters told me that he came regularly and was the CEO of an international company and was very rich. What can we expect when there are people like that around. The Thai boys will do as some of the posters do on this board and generalize the behavior of farang

No allieb,

We haven't created them to do things like hoard useless items like magpies, nor have we taught them to dig up a brand new lawned garden or build a Thai style kitchen in the garden.

The only way out, and option, which I have taken, is to build another dwelling for them away from ours to the very rear of the Land.

Bear in mind, they have their own home in the village, but decided to move in on us!

Next time that CEO is in Bangkok, give us a call.

I'll surround him with boys from Kalasin.

For that money!!, they used to get on trucks and drive to the capital to support Thaksin for 300 baht [ two days pay] and bus fare!