PDA

View Full Version : The Trinity Silom (Short Post)

bucknaway
November 2nd, 2007, 14:17
I checked into the Trinity Silom hotel and when I saw the room it made my skin crawl! I had pre-paid for the room and left my bags there to go and search for a new hotel. I found one and decided that even if I did not get a refund at all I still would not stay in that room. A few hours later I was at the front desk to check-out. The staff begged me to see another room and I did. The next room was much better but still far below the Pinnacle Hotel standards. The carpet was spotted and looked dirty but I figured I would try it and see if it grew on me.

The room had BUGS!!!! Little tiny red crawling bugs! That is when I checked out and wandered around Bangkok with my bags trying to find a hotel. Vincents was full... Tartawan was full.... I found a room at the Regent in Silom. I stayed there before and would not suggest anyone stay there.

If you are thinking of staying at the Trinity in Silom, don't do it! The place is a DUMP!

(When I get home I will post pictures)

dave_tf-old
November 2nd, 2007, 18:09
Those were not bugs. Those were tiny red spots in front of your eyes--a symptom of food poisoning from eating tainted grapes. Feel better.

November 2nd, 2007, 21:52
Thanks for informing us.
The simple most important thing a hotel has to do is keep the rooms clean & bug free & they screw it up.

Are you going to post on Trip Advisor also?
Do everything we can to give places like this the kick up the **** they need to achieve basic standards.

J

November 2nd, 2007, 22:30
I have always stayed at the Trinity and been quite pleased with it for the price, so I was shocked by Buck's report, so I checked out the latest thaivisa reviews of the hotel. Buck's experience is in stark contrast to all of the recent reviews on thaivisa that describe the hotel as clean, cheap, basic..with a bad free breakfast, and friendly staff.

http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/ ... ty/review/ (http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/bangkok/trinity/review/)

November 3rd, 2007, 00:21
I stayed at the Trinity for about 3 nights about 18 - 24 months ago. I didn't see any bugs, but indeed the rooms were basic and very tired. Maybe there were already a few bugs then, just that I had not noticed, but even if it wasn't the case then, it would not surprise me that rooms might have degenerated from basic to dump in this time. The staff's attitude was such that things were definitely on the slide, even then.

bkkguy
November 3rd, 2007, 00:52
I have always stayed at the Trinity and been quite pleased with it for the price, so I was shocked by Buck's report, so I checked out the latest thaivisa reviews of the hotel. Buck's experience is in stark contrast to all of the recent reviews on thaivisa that describe the hotel as clean, cheap, basic..with a bad free breakfast, and friendly staff.

http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/ ... ty/review/ (http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/bangkok/trinity/review/)

but of course r24.org has absolutely nothing to do with thaivisa.com, but if you have a legit link to thaivisa reviews we may be slightly more interested in your deliberately? misleading post!

bkkguy

November 3rd, 2007, 02:29
You knew about the ebugs on 18th September when you posted this

I was about to book at the Trinity Silom but I went to www.tripadvisor.com (http://www.tripadvisor.com) and people were complaining about bugs and baby roaches at the Trinity. Anyone have any information on this?

I don't want to stay there if they have bugs.....

So why did you book it?

Smiles
November 3rd, 2007, 04:20
Get outta here, 555!! He already had inklings about crawlies at Trinity?
How on earth did you remember that September snippet . . . you should be on CSI. (Yep, right here: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 12819.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/silom-hotel-t12819.html) )

Too funny.

Cheers ...

November 3rd, 2007, 05:23
That is when I checked out and wandered around Bangkok with my bags trying to find a hotel. Vincents was full... Tartawan was full.... I found a room at the Regent in Silom. I stayed there before and would not suggest anyone stay there.

So what's wrong with the Regent Silom?

bucknaway
November 3rd, 2007, 11:43
What is wrong with the Regent? Well they seem to have made some changes since my last stay there. They dropped the joiners fee and their TV now seems to get a few more stations.

Trinity's Bugs. I did read in Trip Advisor about the rooms having bugs and I also read where others said there were no bugs and that the person who made the claim had an axe to grind. I figured if I stayed in their best room, I would not have a problem.

I stayed in room 609 and that room was so tired and filthy looking. They moved me to room 603 and that is the room where I encountered the bugs in the bathroom and decided to leave when I woke-up and they were crawling on me.

November 3rd, 2007, 11:51
Hahaha. Did you get on a chair and scream like a big nelly girl?

bucknaway
November 3rd, 2007, 11:56
I hope your typing with both your hands on the keyboard... LOL

Hahaha. Did you get on a chair and scream like a big nelly girl?

November 3rd, 2007, 14:40
How on earth did you remember that September snippet

Either I have total recall about everything posted on SGT since I started reading it or I had a vague recollection of Bucky's previous enquiry and know how to use a search engine.

It's my experience that you get what you pay for in hotels in Thailand and Trinity is the cheapest hotel I've ever stayed in, in Thailand. I won't be back. But I never met the bugs.

Don't get me wrong. I sincerely appreciate Bucky posting his warnings of poor quality and traps he's almost fallen into. The joyful tales are cool too. If he were Japanese he'd be declared a living national treasure.

November 3rd, 2007, 16:57
I did try to e-mail the Trinity to tell them reports of bugs are the reason why I selected another hotel for the trip. Enough of these e-mails & they may do something about it. However, their e-mail seems to be dead.

Are there any other good reports on the Regent? I'm staying at the Rose on the first leg of the trip, but might be nice to have some options for the end of the trip.

Jeff

Hmmm
November 3rd, 2007, 17:01
Great job Bucky. Just the right balance between laying it on too thick and risking people not getting the message - stay away from Trinity !

Now we won't have to worry about fighting through the gay hordes around the Trinity pool, or the breakfast being all gone by the time we come down in the morning.

I originally thought that the bugs were a bit over the top, but in hindsight it was a magic touch. "They were crawling on me." Top stuff !

Well done !

November 4th, 2007, 17:41
During the past years and until recently, the Trinity was always OK. I never ever had any complains.
It's not 4 or 5-star but pretty good value for money.

From tomorrow onwards I am booked in again and shall have a good look around.