PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Foam Party at Babylon

TrongpaiExpat
November 1st, 2007, 16:09
The floor/pit show started at 7:30 and lasted too long. A few bad lady boy lip sync routines, a confusing lady boy costume content that only a Thai could appreciate, followed by throw water balloons at the lady boys event. Then we wall watched for 10 min while they cleaned up before dumping in the foam.

I was there with two other Thai/Farang couples. The sauna was pretty much filled to capacity. Paid attendees along with paid party boys to even out the crowd--they don't want you to know this.

It was fun dancing in the foam. Never could figure out who's hand I kept finding in my chutenoies, it was not mine.

The price was stiff at 320B but you got a free beer. The bad news is that that glass was about 4oz and who knows the brand, they might have made it themselves in the hot tub, bad stuff.

I saw Bucky a few times but could not cut through the crowd to say hello or wait in line to have an audience with him. This obnoxious farang was trying to pick up my BF most of the night and he even had his own, maybe wanted a sandwich.

We left early and went over to the Balcony Halloween party. Not sure how this rates as a party, we all have to sit at two small tables, all on top of each other, and buy weak drinks listing to three competing loud music systems as the waiters in costume pushed you pay first for drinks night.

We were going to DJ then G.O.D. but with Halloween falling on a weekday there was not much going on, we went home early at 1230.

November 1st, 2007, 16:21
320 baht is "stiff" for entry to Babylon for the Halloween foam party? What's it cost to get into the pathetic local sauna where you come from, on a normal day? And how much fun would you have there? Stiff? Pshaw.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 1st, 2007, 20:31
getting anything stiff for 320 baht is pretty good value.

TrongpaiExpat
November 1st, 2007, 21:20
320 baht is "stiff" for entry to Babylon for the Halloween foam party? What's it cost to get into the pathetic local sauna where you come from, on a normal day? And how much fun would you have there? Stiff? Pshaw.

When I lived in USA the local sauna and pathetic is a nice word for it was 22 USD (702.253 Thai Baht) and you had to buy some kind of membership. 320B is not much to me and I asume you, BoyG., but it's a lot to an average Thai who flock over to the 99B saunas.

bucknaway
November 2nd, 2007, 14:01
I have never been to a Sauna in the USA.
But lets compare the cost.

USA Sauna - $10 in transportation (gas)
$20 Entrance
$15 Membership
$45 Total

BKK Sauna - $1000 Transportation (Airplane & Taxi)
$10 foam party entrance fee
$1,010 Total

November 2nd, 2007, 14:15

When I lived in USA the local sauna and pathetic is a nice word for it was 22 USD (702.253 Thai Baht) and you had to buy some kind of membership. 320B is not much to me and I asume you, BoyG., but it's a lot to an average Thai who flock over to the 99B saunas.

Which is fine, because the "average Thai" is not at all interested in the "average farang" who goes to Babylon.

PS: BoyG?

November 2nd, 2007, 17:14
TrongpaiExpat me thinks you are just a little jaded already.
Why don't you just stay at home with your half of the sandwich and a cup of tea.

November 2nd, 2007, 20:16
I have heard this comment before that TrongpaiExpat has brought up, that the owner of Babylon gives out free passes to favored money boys so that the crowd there is a bit more exciting. Could that possibly be true?

November 2nd, 2007, 20:22
I have heard this comment before that TrongpaiExpat has brought up, that the owner of Babylon gives out free passes to favored money boys so that the crowd there is a bit more exciting. Could that possibly be true?

If he's smart he does. It doesn't really cost him anything -- what, the cost of a clean towel? The discos do it, too.

TrongpaiExpat
November 2nd, 2007, 21:31

Would I say it if it was not true? :cyclops:

Not so much "favored money boys" as just good looking young Thai boys or in the case of a foam party, decent dancers. Money boys are highly discouraged in practicing their trade inside Babylon. If caught I would imagine they get thrown out. I have never experience one.

If a good looking local Thai guy shows up at Babylon as he is leaving the cashier just gives him a free pass for next time. I don't think anyone is going out looking with exception of the party nights, they have a list of good looking dancers to mingle. Just how much they want to mingle is up to them.

November 3rd, 2007, 09:29

Thanx heavens or all we would have is a gaggle of disapointed falangs.