PDA

View Full Version : Phuket visited

February 18th, 2006, 13:34
Ive just got back from Phuket with my buddy Sexy lofty sexy. This was our first trip to the Island and it now wont be our last. What a plessant change from "sin city". The gay venues were nicer and not pushy imo. The places we stayed were very nice and i would recomend all to take at least one visit here and give pattaya a one time miss. I now and i think my bud to will base my holidays in Phuket now, after being a pattayan for the last few years. As we both like the lady boy type boy we were spoilt for choice when we went to Pattong, the Paradise center.

Dodger
February 18th, 2006, 16:35
Donny,

I'm planning to take a short 3-4 day trip to Phuket in April, can you recommend a good gay guest house, lady boys bars, restaurants, entertainment venues, etc.

Thanks in advance.

llz
February 18th, 2006, 17:16
As often mentioned on this board your best choice for a gay guesthouse would be Rendez-Vous Inn in the middle of Paradise Complex (although very quiet).

Dodger
February 19th, 2006, 08:45
Liz...Thanks,

I actually sent Rendezvous a reservation request this morning.

What attracted me the most was their location. Their rates seem very reasonable as well.

Thanks again.

February 19th, 2006, 14:39
Dodger hi! We stayed at The Siam Palm Hotel which was a few minutes walk to the gay bars. Was a great hotel and good food. As for good bars with Ladyboys. Most bars have a lot in but i liked CU Tonight the best but i think you must look for yourself as one mans pleasure is another mans hell :bom:

February 19th, 2006, 16:45
I can recommend all these below. I have stayed at each and find them very clean, friendly and reasonably priced:

http://www.cluboneseven.net/

http://www.aquarius-sauna.com/

http://www.bluedolphinphuket.com/

My personal favourite remains club one seven outside of the paradise complex.

Davey612
February 20th, 2006, 07:57
Liz...Thanks,

I actually sent Rendezvous a reservation request this morning.

What attracted me the most was their location. Their rates seem very reasonable as well.

Thanks again.

One good thing about Patrick's place is that as a Frenchman, he makes a killer breakfast. Also, his place is on the other side of paradise complex, so a little bit quieter.

Will report more after my trip. In the meantime, back to Jomtien beach to check Wowpow. :bounce:

Davey612
March 9th, 2006, 23:31
Just a few observations about the Phuket scene this last Feb. 2006:

Patrick at Rendezvous no longer makes the breakfast. Instead, he has substituted it with a buffet. Another Frenchman (forgot his name) is the morning guy who fry the eggs, etc. I think I miss the personal touch that Patrick used to do for the morning breakfast.

As for bars: It is hard to believe that Passport Pub is also owned by the same guy as My Way. The moment I arrived at Passport Pub, I was surrounded by very pushy guys (one even flashed his dick in front of me). Made a quick retreat. Btw, My Way also owns the Spartacus massage place.

I would say that My Way is still the premier place for shows. The owner is very charming, and I swear is an identical twin as the mamasan of A-Bomb in Pattaya. The other place that I went is Tagmo, but the show pales in comparison.

I also went to this little bar called Knud's Boy, which is across from Connect. It is quite cozy and Kim, the waiter, is very nice. When I was there, he was still the boyfriend of a guy who worked at Spartacus. That made for some ackward scenes.

Interestingly, I found the guys at Spartacus quite charming. They are older guys. It seems to me that the progression in Thailand is from gogo guys to massage guys. Anyway, if you like the massage guys at Spartacus, the off fee to take them is quite inexpensive - 200 Baht. I like this better than going to the gogo bars and be subjected to smoke and staring eyes.

Another massage place that I used is the Blue Dolphin. Very good masseur.

March 10th, 2006, 03:12
How far of a walk is it from Club One Seven to the bars? or the Beach? The place looks very nice. I am close to booking for June.

March 10th, 2006, 11:43
How far of a walk is it from Club One Seven to the bars? or the Beach? The place looks very nice. I am close to booking for June.

It's about 500 metre to the beach from Club One Seven and about 15 minutes walk to the gay scene of the Paradise Complex. However, it's not a bad walk if you feel up to it, just one straight road with shops and markets to stop by. If you feel less sprightly, you can always get a tuk tuk for 100 baht to Paradise or a taxi bike for around 20 baht as I recall. By the way, I think you will love Club One Seven, the rooms are not overly big but well decorated and furnished, quiet with sliding door balcony (my room faced the mountain and had lovely cool breezes) and the owner and staff are all very friendly and helpful. It's a family feel gay guest house.