PDA

View Full Version : Flight from Bangkok/Pattaya to Phuket

November 1st, 2007, 09:13
Any recommendations on flights from Bangkok/Pattaya to Phuket. I will be going there for a few days and wondered what airline to use? Thank you.

November 1st, 2007, 09:14
Any recommendations on flights from Bangkok/Pattaya to Phuket. I will be going there for a few days and wondered what airline to use? Thank you.

Whatever's cheapest, hon. It don't much matter for an hour flight. Check Air Asia and Nok Air.

November 1st, 2007, 12:07
I'm flying from BKK to Phuket with the BF for New Years. I looked at all the airlines. NOK and ONE-2-GO are the cheapest. AirAsia a bit more, and Thai and Bankok air almost twice as much.
I'd avoid One-2-go considering their recent safety record. I chose NOK. You can pay a few hundred baht more and get the NOK PLUS seating. Bigger Seats and more room ( 4 across instead of 6) and a "snack". You can choose your seats online at the time of booking. AirAsia is Open Seating.

Smiles
November 1st, 2007, 12:16
Agree with above. NOK Air is excellent for the short hop to Phuket ( http://www.nokair.com/NokConnext/aspx/Welcome.aspx ). You will have to pay extra if your baggage comes up 'over limit', but the penalty is hardly outrageous. (We've flown NOK, and no complaints).

1-2-GO should be OK now . . . the odds are with you. :flower: (Haven't flown 1-2-GO, thank christ)

Cheers ...

November 1st, 2007, 12:18
Additional Note: You get a higher "Baggage Allowance" when you upgrade to NOK PLUS seating.

Smiles
November 1st, 2007, 12:52
Additional Note: You get a higher "Baggage Allowance" when you upgrade to NOK PLUS seating.
Just wondering . . . but would the upgrade to NOK PLUS be 'somewhat' the equivalent (baht-wise) to an extra baggage charge?

If I recall correctly I paid (around) 300 baht for an overweight checked bag. And that same bag was rated not even close to a problem on a major airline. Having noted that .... I should also say that 300 baht was hardly an issue.

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
November 1st, 2007, 13:39
Apparently, this Nok Plus class is not available in all fights. I just did a RT BKK/Udon T. and noticed that the seating was all economy.

November 2nd, 2007, 09:09
Nok Plus is only on certain flights. Not all there planes are so equipped. SMILES: The price difference is about 300 baht actually