PDA

View Full Version : Thailand v the Philippines

sydneyboy
October 28th, 2007, 10:58
I have been to Thailand many times but I am thinking of incorporating a visit to Manila as part of an Asian trip. My question is how does the scene in Manila compare with Bangkok? I believe Manila has far fewer go go bars but has a number of massage facilities that provide a "happy ending". How do these compare with Bangkok? I have googled Manila and have come up with some interesting looking venues but I would be interested in people's direct experiences and the names of venues that can be recommended and how they compare with Bangkok.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 28th, 2007, 19:37
in the past..unfortunately when that insane Marcos duo were running the joint.

It's gone downhill since then ( gay wise) but there is till plenty of action and the men are extremely handsome with a delightful Spanish mix.

Unfortunately like most places that relied on prostitution and whatever your moral thinking is-nothing has replaced the trade so people can be fairly desperate and dangerous.

Being a Catholic country it has all the wonderful things you can expect..like millions of temporarily lapsed Catholics if even only for the night.

Sadly it no longer has go-go bars which were often far better than Bangkok. Big shopping centres or large discos are the places to go.

It's become rather dangerous..it was even in the past. I was held up by 3 taxi drivers and once got caught in a shoot out between bank robbers and police. I was the one on the floor of the taxi screaming at the top of my lungs but the driver had already fled.

I still pay the occasional visit..I restrict my movements to the day and rarely go out at night.

## nothing in Thailand will ever compare to the stunning water falls outside Manilla..where handsome lads used to dive from rocks and swim to your boat. It was a paradise. Gone now.

thaiworthy-old
October 28th, 2007, 23:04
I've only had a few contacts with Pinoy men, thru email, dating web sites and chats. Beware. There are a lot of scams coming from that part of the world. I hate to judge a whole groups of people just because of a few bad experiences, but they're all after the same thing. Money. It starts out innocent enough; the day you meet them also happens to be their birthday. Before long, you're sending them a birthday present, (cash, of course). Now I am not that quick with my wallet normally, but I have been a little naive, because you can be very vulnerable, especially when you get to see their faces on a webcam. They get close to you because their plight seems so hopeless. Usually parents who don't understand them. There are no gay places to go to really, many are closeted (due in part to their Catholic upbringing) and the internet is a safe places for them to meet new people and play.

But they play with your head and seduce you as hard as they can to get you to come and meet them. Moreover, some big drama takes place in which the hopelessness becomes critical and the only thing that solve their problem is of course, more money.

The faces I have seem of these boys are exceedingly beautiful and there are many of them online. If you already have plans to visit Manila or Cebu, you might be tempted to meet them online and then arrange a meeting, which was my original plan. That was quickly scrapped when I found out how manipulative and cunning some of them can be.

Don't waste your time in the Philippines. I've never heard anything from anyone who has visited there and found something equal to or better than what you can find in Thailand. It's just my opinion, but the things I've read about are usually horror stories.

It's kind of sad, really . . . and a little pathetic. But if I'm going to help someone financially (as i've done in the past while in Thailand,) I would rather have already met them, known them, trusted them, and vice-versa.

Play at your own risk.

Jetsam
October 28th, 2007, 23:43
. It starts out innocent enough; the day you meet them also happens to be their birthday.

lol, very true . those pinoys have many birthday .

but they are so damn good looking :geek:

October 29th, 2007, 00:45
but they are so damn good looking

http://www.livejasmin.com/freechat.php? ... Y&tags=boy (http://www.livejasmin.com/freechat.php?performerid=READY2CUMBOY&tags=boy) asian

And.... not blocked in Thailand ! :cheers:

sydneyboy
October 29th, 2007, 02:39
Thank you for your responses so far. As for scams it never ceases to amaze me how naive some westeners can be. People who go to Thailand, the Philippines, Brazil etc seeking "love". I am earthbound.I realize the boys are not interested in my middle aged body or my great university trained mind. I want a good time and they want money. I do appreciate the safety warnings having once been mugged in Rio. I would never again walk around after dark in that city and from what you have told me I would not do so in Manila.

I am simply trying to broaden my horizens. From my internet searches so far it would appear that there are some good massage establishments in Manila and I would be interested if anyone can give recommendations from their personal experiences.

BenCH
October 29th, 2007, 06:14
I just spent a fortune on www.cameraboys.com (http://www.cameraboys.com) (same performers as in baziel's link - but website of better quality IMHO), where the Asian guys are mostly Pinoys.

I think some behave similar to what you experience with some boys in Thailand: "buffalo sick - please send money". Though up to know only one (very cute and sexy looking) boy was talking to me in that way.

Some of them are extremely cute with sexy bodies. Only thing which strikes me: their cocks usually do not look nice, are even ugly sometimes (with rare exceptions). What's the reason of that: type of circumcision, genes? Anybody knows the answer? Sorry for the naive question ...

BenCH
October 29th, 2007, 06:36
I just spent a fortune on www.cameraboys.com (http://www.cameraboys.com) (same performers as in baziel's link - but website of better quality IMHO), where the Asian guys are mostly Pinoys.

I think some behave similar to what you experience with some boys in Thailand: "buffalo sick - please send money". Though up to know only one (very cute and sexy looking) boy was talking to me in that way.

Some of them are extremely cute with sexy bodies. Only thing which strikes me: their cocks usually do not look nice, are even ugly sometimes (with rare exceptions). What's the reason of that: type of circumcision, genes? Anybody knows the answer? Sorry for the naive question ...

GWMinUS
October 29th, 2007, 06:50
I am a sucker for Pinoy guys!!
They are handsome and sweet and seductive.
Yes, they take your heart and your money!!!
I think the difference from Thailand is that they speak very good English.
So it is easier to "get to know them" and "fall for their bait"!!!
I would suggest getting outside Manila. It is big and dirty. Not unlike Bangkok but with out the charm.
The Go-Go Bars in Manila are not as enjoyable as Bangkok or Pattaya. Most of the Guys are straight and the Filipino women get most of the attention.
So travel to Cagayan de Oro or to Davao, both on the island of Mindao. And if yu are RICH travel to Boracay, a dream of a place for beach and boys!!
Just understand the game. You are rich and they are poor. So why should they not expect you to put them through college and take care of the family!!!
Budget wisely and you will have a great time!!!

:blackeye:

October 29th, 2007, 07:22
Filipinos are circumcized, and judging from what I've seen the "technicque" has not been perfected there. Lots of butcher jobs.

bao-bao
October 29th, 2007, 07:39
Filipinos are circumcized, and judging from what I've seen the "technicque" has not been perfected there. Lots of butcher jobs.

I've been told by a few Pinoy friends that the excess skin left below the frenum area (often by means of the "dorsal slit" method of circumcision) leaves the circumcised more of the sensitive skin usually entirely cut away during the standard hospital process. A couple I've dated in the past have said that the extra skin was very sensitive.

It does look a bit odd to a westerner, though.

October 29th, 2007, 07:44
Fugly is the word.

colmx
October 29th, 2007, 09:52
Agree with last poster the vast majority of Pinoys i have come across have fugly butchered cocks and fugly spiteful personalities....

And so vain and also incredibly anti-Thai... I've lost count of the amount of fillipinos that quote bullshit medical facts about the HIV prevalence in thailand (90% according to them!)

Unfortunately Ireland is over-run with gay pinoys...

A friend of mine calls them the cockroaches of the gay asian spectrum :cheers: :cheers: (blame him not me!)

Fillipinos and the philipines are to be avoided at all costs - in this unbiased rice queens opinion...

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 29th, 2007, 16:47
but I believe I've seen more handsome guys in the Philippines than Thailand..but nothing in the world now can compete with the Thai scene..and who knows how long it will last ?

I don't believe Filipinos are any more ( or less) grasping than Thais..they are just poor and who can blame very poor people for coming up with a story ??

There is some absolutely stunning scenery outside Manila and it's well worth traveling but you wouldn't travel on your own. I think it's probably a bit lonely in Manila..I know a couple of much older gay locals which helps..I doubt I'd go if I didn't know them.

but you won't meet all the wonderful fagots that you get in Pattaya..they're on every corner and delightful..Homintern ( oh that's right..never left Bangkok) Catawamp..kquill..krazydragon ...etc etc

the world's your oyster in Thailand.

October 29th, 2007, 16:51
There are some nice Filipinos -- when they are young. Their diet, though, tends to put a paunch on them by the time they're twenty-five. I also don't have any time for the game-playing and emotional swings of Filipino boys.

October 29th, 2007, 17:16
Agree with most of the posts. If you have only a few days to spend, do NOT expect a "Happy Ending" in Philippines as there is no place like Thailand. But, if you take time to look about and some of the on-line sites are good such as Gay Romeo, there are a lot of college boys - really students - who post their info and photos. Select they type you like and start on line chats. If you get hit up for a new phone (this is the rage here in Philippines and not the water buffalo) in the first or second message you have a scam on the line or rather they have you on the line. BUT after a few weeks or chat you do not get hit up than arrange a meeting and you may like what you find. This is for a long term relationship but if you are looking to make the most "hits" on a 2 week vacation, stick to Thailand. There ARE some real gems in the Philippines but you mine for them and the best ones are not the commercial kind. A warning flag is asking for money and if you say you cannot go to Western Union and they send you the WU link and say you can use your credit card - watch out! I am moving part time to the Philippines and have done a lot of research before I have jumped. Their retirement visa policy is a lot better than Thailand however.

October 29th, 2007, 17:29
The retirement policy and the home ownership policies are much better in the philippines and the housing seems to be better priced. I am considering the move there as it is just a short hop over to thailand. I don't expect to find the same type of boys as thailand has but if I am close enough to visit thailand more often than it doesn't much matter.

October 29th, 2007, 17:36
Of course it's cheaper...it's also dirtier, more dangerous, and less developed.

jimnbkk
October 29th, 2007, 18:57

I haven't been there in a couple of years, but last time I was there I was uncomfortable most of the time. Apparently they've nationalized the police force so none of the cops are local now. As a result of that, and of the general lawlessness of the place, all businesses have 'rent-a-cops', security officers with pistols on their waist. You never see cops on the street. And, if you want them to investigate a burglary, for example, you have to agree up front to pay them for their time. (fact: this actually happened to my friend in Davao)

The general squalor is evident everywhere. When I commented on the shacks we were passing to my friend, his comment was "oh, they're squatters..." Mile after mile.....

The gated communities that were being sold in the malls, similar to the way it's done in Pattaya at Royal Garden, were selling. But, at the time, many of the properties were going to speculators hoping to flip them. As a result, most of the places were barren wastelands with one or two houses on them.

Strange place, Philippines. If it's changed, great. If not, let the buyer beware.

adman5000
October 29th, 2007, 19:24
I visited Makati City about two years ago. I saw way too many people carrying guns around and it made me feel too uncomfortable. When entering the malls, you were checked at each entrance. I saw the same thing with security guards at many restaurants so it seemed to be an accepted way of life. I walked around quite a bit and felt fairly safe but I had been told that armed robberies were not uncommon. I saw a lot of handsome guys though!

October 29th, 2007, 19:50
And, if you want them to investigate a burglary, for example, you have to agree up front to pay them for their time. (fact: this actually happened to my friend in Davao)But that sort of behavior is common throughout SE Asia, with the exception of Singapore. If your neighbour's house is burning, for example, it's common practice for the fire brigade in Malaysia and Thailand (and I suspect Indonesia and the Philippines) to demand payment before they will take preventative action to stop your house burning too. The fire brigade in Bangkok routinely insists on being the first back into any premises subject to fire, no matter how minimal the damage appears, and it's just amazing how little of value seems to survive

danny99
November 3rd, 2007, 12:53
Thank you for your responses so far. As for scams it never ceases to amaze me how naive some westeners can be. People who go to Thailand, the Philippines, Brazil etc seeking "love". I am earthbound.I realize the boys are not interested in my middle aged body or my great university trained mind. I want a good time and they want money. I do appreciate the safety warnings having once been mugged in Rio. I would never again walk around after dark in that city and from what you have told me I would not do so in Manila.

I am simply trying to broaden my horizens. From my internet searches so far it would appear that there are some good massage establishments in Manila and I would be interested if anyone can give recommendations from their personal experiences.

I have been mugged in Sydney, Brisbane and Brussels, but never in Manilla [where I lived for 3 years], Bangkok [where I have been visiting very regularly for past 30 years] and Bali [where I now live]. Of course it does help a bit if you are street-wise. As for 'business boys' if you hang around the accepted places for such picking up then you expect to be lied to, etc., to extract as much as possible from you, irrespective of whether it finishes up as good value or not? This has little to do with the people of that country themselves, except perhaps in Thailand where almost everyone is on the make. Of course in Thailand the smile is so wonderful that even though you know you are being lied to, you forgive them. You are never stupid enough to believe any of the stories, particularly the emails that follow you about disasters back in the village, etc. If you do send them any assistance it is because of them not the story!

Filipinos are a wonderful race. To eat, drink, sing and make love [they never say sex] is what they want for every day. Outside of the city gay and/or money scene, they are totally natural and very genuine. As a little plus of no importance, being of Malay race [like the Balinese], they are also often hung like little horses, for their size.

Yes the waterfalls at Pangsanjan and the families who lived from the visiting tourists [local and foreign] was a wonderful place. Many happy memories of parties on the HouseBoat with the friendly boat boys who would take you up through the rapids in handmade dugout canoes. It has not finished, you just have to be a bit more discreet now, much better anyway.

November 3rd, 2007, 22:37
Filipinos circumcise their boys when they are four to seven years of age. It is not a circular circumcision, as in the west. The foreskin is pulled forward past the head of the penis and one cut is made in the foreskin parallel to the penis. They still have all of the skin; it's just cut once to slip right over the head of the penis. I use to teach Flip boys and a number of the boys told me of the process. The poor kids told me that they had to run around the house for a couple of weeks with big bandages on the dick's and it killed them to pee. It's a big deal in their culture. Sometimes they have all of the young boys in a family done at the same time and make a party of it. These poor guys got the worst of everything....Catholic, Spain... an American occupation....and the Marcos family. Is it any wonder that it is such a mess.

November 4th, 2007, 01:03

Sounds like North England!

Jetsam
November 4th, 2007, 01:31

But Philippine guys have nice teeth.

November 4th, 2007, 01:43

But Philippine guys have nice teeth.

Nice teeth and a purty mouth.

GWMinUS
November 4th, 2007, 05:42
AHHHHHH
I am sorry to disagree...
Most of my friends there have bad teeth.
Many have a marphell, or a bridge.
I have financed a couple of crowns.
Not as expensive as here in the US.
But they use porcelain, and it often cracks...
I breaks my heart to see a beautiful Filipino smile and his front teeth are black with decay.
Still, I love each and every one...
:bounce:

thrillbill
November 5th, 2007, 21:50
Filipino guys can easily turn on a Westerner since they can be more buffed than Thais and can speak English. I haven't met one yet (gays) (or Filipino maids) that didn't have a hidden agenda. I think it is their environment that makes them connivers though on the surface they give an impression they share the same values as you do... Though there are Thais that have their hands out... usually it is pretty obvious if your radar is out...with Filipino, you never know when they will turn on you. Though they may have to go overseas in order to send money home... they will make sure they have the latest cell phone, designer hand bag, and IPod in order to impress their relatives back home. I'd take a Thai any time... over all, they're more genuine and not as materialistic.(yes, there are a few exceptions)

allieb
November 5th, 2007, 22:08
I have 20 Filipinos working for me. They are nice polite people UNTIL offended and then they become very dangerous indeed. only last week had to break up two of my workers, one was holding a knife at the others throat up against the wall. I have to handle them very carefully and I'm not sleeping with them!!!!

November 6th, 2007, 01:07
... it was a fab place, I didn't have any major hickups, there were quite a few go go bars then, and some of them on the outskirts of Manila. There used to be a club called quite appropriate the Banana Club, it was small but fab. But all has changed.

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 6th, 2007, 17:53
by the delightfully wacky Imelda Marcos ( who often had her enemies whacked).

We all flew in absolutely luxury from London to Manila to attend the inaugural Philippine Film Festival at the glorious new Manila Film Center built by Imelda to attract the elite of Hollywood.

Ensconced in luxury at the wonderful Manila Hotel-we were transported by limo to this ghastly concrete monolith to be greeted by Mrs Marcos-who , while we scoffed the finest French champagne, insisted on entertaining us with her infamous rendition of Memories followed by The Impossible Dream. Even the sole imported Hollywood celeb-George Hamilton Jr found it difficult to applaud but I did enthusiastically and called for 'more more" until a colleague thumped me on the back.

I later discovered that whilst this hideous building was being constructed and was well behind time..around 35 Filipino workers who had been killed in accidents there were simply concreted over. We were-literally, celebrating on their graves.

trivia : when the Marcos' fled and the story about her hundreds of pairs of shoes swept the world-one story seemed to miss the media. Around 15 extra large sized dildos of various colors were found in Imelda's bedroom-including a few strap-ons.

November 7th, 2007, 10:54
A filipino friend of mine says the extra skin on the penis is supposed to "Stimulate" the female during sex. As to them gaining weight, I can agree with that. I have known quite a few slim young filipinos (when they first come to the US) gain 20 to 50 pounds usually within one or two years.

Brad the Impala
November 7th, 2007, 13:06
... it was a fab place, I didn't have any major hickups, there were quite a few go go bars then, and some of them on the outskirts of Manila. There used to be a club called quite appropriate the Banana Club, it was small but fab. But all has changed.

How many years ago was that?