PDA

View Full Version : Quick UK Visa for Thai National!

Brad the Impala
October 25th, 2007, 18:00
To my pleasant surprise........Filled in application online, given 0930 appointment at the UK Embassy, 0940 bit of a chat at the counter with a few questions, 1000 a few more questions, politely worded, 1030 confirmation that the application was successful, "please come back this afternoon to collect your passport"!

Downside, for those resident in Thailand, was that the application was made at the British Embassy in Budapest, where my bf is visiting me.

October 25th, 2007, 21:00
Don't get this thread, understand the point that "someone" went to the UK embasssy, but who, and the bf was in Budapest!!!

October 26th, 2007, 11:17
I think the point of this posting was the ease with which the visa was issued. For a Thai to get a UK visa in Bangkok is quite difficult and time consuming, and it doesn't help that the Brits use a private agent to handle the applications in Bangkok.

On the contrary, by all accounts the agent is much easier to deal with than the government goons previously handling it. My Thai bf got a UK visa from them last year with absolutely no hassle or attitude whatsoever.