PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon to a condo or hotel near you?

Geezer
October 25th, 2007, 15:57
A few days ago I read in the Bangkok Post of the theft of brass nozzles from fire hoses in hotels. I checked my condo and found them intact. I checked again today and found seven of eight missing.

You might want to check yours.

October 25th, 2007, 17:57
Crime pays, or else there would be no crime.

October 25th, 2007, 20:46
"Coming soon to a condo or hotel near you?"

Or more accurately GOING soon from a condo or hotel near you?

At least 3 condo blocks in Jomtien have had their brass nozzles stolen.

I understand from committee members of my condo that there is a whole pile of new fire precaution laws passed and all are to be obeyed by December 2007.

Such things as corridor smoke detectors, EXIT signs which light up in case of a power failure, emergency lighting systems, unblocked physical and view access via corridors and fire escapes, regular testing of alarms and hosepipes and extinguishers, staff evacuation training, smoke doors to fire escapes, plastic/non corrosive nozzles to fire hoses and extinguishers, checks that fire engine access are kept open etc etc etc.

By December there isn't a hope in hell that all will be done but it is important for safety to implement these rules and any condo dwellers should be insisting that their committee urgently comply with these regulations. They will likely find that if the regulations are not obeyed then their insurances will be invalid.