PDA

View Full Version : Chiang Mai ?

October 22nd, 2007, 18:18
Any new venues, comments, things to do from our illustrious members here ?

bucknaway
October 22nd, 2007, 19:02
I enjoyed my night at Circle gogo bar. The guys wear a very sheer sarong when they are introduced to the audience. When the light hits them just right, your hungry eyes will be treated to something good.... :)

And they did a nice erotic show.... :)

Bob
October 22nd, 2007, 23:16
I don't qualify here (I can't even spell illustrious) and can't offer much comment. Just returned from almost three weeks in Chiangmai and Kunming. Other than a few visits to one night market bar (amongst the group of bars west of the soi behind the "peak"), I didn't visit any of the gay scene in Chiangmai. I did have a couple of drinks late afternoon at Soho but nobody was there then. I did drive by the Coffee Boy site one afternoon (on the way to the bus station for a trip up to Chiangrai) but didn't notice anything going on there (hell, didn't even see any signage).
I did spend a few evenings drinking a bit too much in a new bar called My Life which is just around the corner from the Prince Hotel. "Garn" is the owner, it's just a small place for a drink or whatever, and the reason I went there is I and my CM bf have known Garn for years. He also cooks at the "So Good" restaurant right next door to My Life. (Btw, I think it's called My Life but it might be My Way.....hell if I can remember).
Sorry for the limited comments but I didn't get out much....

Bob
October 23rd, 2007, 09:40
In partial response to cnx's comments:
Munro's (Ruby Munro's Show Bar) is out on Nimmanhein (I'm sure that's spelled wrong) just about across the street from Tawan Daeng. But I disagree about the quality of the show. Attended last Friday night and a total of 6 patrons were there and the show (with all due respect to the owner and whoever) was just awful. Consisted of a few numbers from Ruby (god, Pearl would love that outfit!), a couple of dance numbers from a thai guy and girl, and a couple of lip sync numbers from a ladyboy. Oh yes, and then there was a never-ending traditional thai dance by a thai girl. Worst show I've ever attended in Thailand (I actually hate to say that because, if the owner is reading this, I don't want to offend anybody.....and I don't pan something unless it's really bad). I was actually praying for it to end so I could leave. Somewhat of a nice venue and I do hope they can make it work....but I'd predict it'll be out of business by spring unless some significant changes are made. The dinner, I would note, was acceptable but very expensive for Thai standards.
As concerns the comments about the bars behind the peak (west of the soi behind the peak and about 50 meters south), I disagree with cnx's comments. I was there (one of the two front bars) 4 or 5 times over the last 3 weeks and I didn't see any even possibly underage kids there (with the exception of a couple of kids playing pool for a short time one night). Although I was there with my bf (mainly because I've known one of the owners for years), I did check out everybody floating in and out of all of the bars (to go into any of them, they would have walked within 5 feet of me).

October 23rd, 2007, 17:01
I must admit I didn't see any obviously underage guys at the peak last April either. But then again I wasn't particularly looking for them either!

October 23rd, 2007, 23:25
Sure there are very young underage boys and girls, selling......flowers......discusting :bom: :flower:

October 24th, 2007, 01:25
Few underage at The Peak now, the boys there may have been underage once, but it was a VERY long time ago...... Actually, the underage boys are mainly straight mountain boys who aren't welcomed by the Gay owners in the Peak bars.

Well I can only talk aboyt the Peak bars, MTV and Friendship, which is my waterholes in Chiang Mai. I like this bars because they are cozy and relaxed. Only friendly attitude. Last May I was there every evening of my 5 days stay in CM. I dont like to go to eg. go go bars, it is not my style. Even if I was a butterfly, only 1 out of 4 I was together with, asked if I minded if he asked to support him a littlebit. Well my reputation is not that great I suppose, but I never see any bad feelings. Well I will be back on November 30 and will meet my (ex) not really bf (yet). Well what I was going to say is that these bars are his waterholes too, being in his early 30ties. Many of his so called friends are going there too. So yes cnx I agree with you.
BTW last time I was to some of the other bars around there, dont remember there names, but it was much more openly younger moneyboys working. But still no underage working. Maybe they are there, but as another poster wrote, I was not looking for them. I know that before there were some of this bars in the Nightbazar. Maybe they are still there, but not to my knowledge. Have they been cleaned up? I hope so.

October 24th, 2007, 19:12
Interesting, I have been confronted by 'obviously' underage lads in BKK and declined there advances immediately I might add. I have never had this happen in Chiang Mai. Maybe they pick there mark more carefully or maybe I just didn't notice / wasn't what I was looking for / or I was too early/late to see any of this.
I did meet one very charming 20-something guy in Friendship bar who I am hoping to catch up with this coming February.
It's an OK bar and the guys are fairly "fair dinkum" if you can call it that.
So if anyone knows Wut, give him my regards......he will get spoilt in February/March 2008!