View Full Version : A robbery in babylon sauna

October 21st, 2007, 21:51
The victim is a FARANG and the pirate is a thai, He lost his big necklace of solid gold in the dark place of steam room, the robber pulled it from his neck abruptly and fled away immediately. Unfortunately the thief's face have not been seen by anyone, his gold have vanished forever. I think this is not the first similar incident in babylon because there is warning billboards near each entrance of darkroom or sauna always. So next time everyone visits sauna, don't forget to remove the valuable from your body to discourage the thieves.

October 21st, 2007, 22:03
The incident came up in evining , The poor FARANG is a quite young and handsome guy . He was really upset almost to cried , I think he would lost desire for sex tonight .

bucknaway
October 21st, 2007, 22:15
That sucks... After my dealing with the pick-pocket here in phuket, my heart goes out to the guy.

October 21st, 2007, 22:32
Of course one feels sympathy for the poor guy who lost his necklace but I don't understand why people are not more cautious.

When I started off travelling and on European holidays I never took anything expensive and had a cheap watch and disposable camera so any potential loss was minimal. I took great care of my passport. travellers cheques, ATM and credit cards and had back up spares, photocopies of all and the telephone numbers of call in case of loss.

I don't think of such precautions as being clever just sensible.

It's only too easy to do stupid things and trust Thai angel faces completely, especially after a glass or two. I am no exception but so far I have not done too badly.

Smiles
October 21st, 2007, 22:46
Wearing a "big ... solid gold" necklace in a dark steam room or sauna is just as dumb behavior as keeping one's wallet in one's back pocket in a crowded disco, or crowded skytrain car, or crowded anywhere. And that goes for most places in the world, as well as Thailand.

The world is chock-a-block full of dumbells . . . continually getting easily scammed, or robbed, or taken advatage of in various ways in foreign countries. And at home.

Cheers ...

October 21st, 2007, 22:47
I found this victim should be the only one who wearing a gold necklace in babylon today .

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 21st, 2007, 22:56
I've never had this problem when I wear my necklace..aren't they interested in strands of pearls ?.

Poor man-but this is far too tempting. I wouldn't even go into a steam room full of farangs wearing a large gold necklace.

But then I wouldn't wear a large gold necklace or go into a steam room.

October 21st, 2007, 23:05
Finally the staffs came and lit up the steam room , some suspected customers even willingly took off their towles for proving no gold hidden in cocks --- What a eye candy !

dave_tf-old
October 21st, 2007, 23:44
Now that's some fine eye-witness reporting. Thanks.

All's well that ends well.

And LOL LO'B

TrongpaiExpat
October 22nd, 2007, 00:31
Wow, does nothing happen that does not get reported here, it was just a few hours ago! Here is the rest of the story. The Farang was raising holly hell insisting on everyone being striped searched, I was first in line but no one offered. Then after a second or third search of the room it was found, amid the discarded spent condom casings, he could have just dropped in the heat of passion.

A few farangs smelled trouble and passed around a rumor that the police were en route and that led to another miss-assumption that a raid was coming. Good idea, all farangs leave the building, many did.

This was the steam room off the Pool. It stayed open late tonight because the other steam room glass door was shattered. They put the lights on to pick up all the glass. I now know why this is a dark room because if it had lights and you saw what was growing on the walls and ceiling, no one would go in.

alipatt-old
October 22nd, 2007, 01:00
thanks for the warning -

Great to see that 2 of the posters were at the sauna at the same time - with 100's of us just wishing!

bucknaway
October 22nd, 2007, 01:04
I am glad he got his gold back. I am lucky that I don't care for jewelry... But for the record, I still keep my wallet in my back pocket when I know I can keep it safe. :)

In my life, 2 pick pocket attempts.. No.. 3.. One in Washington DC with some Latin guy I met who had his hands all over my body as we kissed. he pulled my wallet out of my back pocket and I told him to put it back or i would kill him. he put it back.

The other time was in DJ station when I was dancing on the stage. I was wearing very loose cover-alls and I forget where I had my wallet... I think I had a little thing thing in the bib pocket but had about 300b or 400b in my front pockets. While I was dancing a guy was trying to get into my back pocket. When he put his hand in my front pocket I smacked his hand and he backed away into the crowd....

I have a thing about being touched by strangers, I don't like to be touched and I am aware of every slight little touch making a pick-pocket work extra hard to try to get what is in my pockets. I think it may have to do with being the youngest in a big family and wishing I had my own space so that my brothers and sisters would stop touching me in a packed car, or crowded bed or full dinner table....

Shame it happened, but imagine him telling his friends about his time in the dark room at Babylon Bangkok!

October 22nd, 2007, 01:29
I am glad he got his gold back. I am lucky that I don't care for jewelry... But for the record, I still keep my wallet in my back pocket when I know I can keep it safe. :)

In my life, 2 pick pocket attempts.. No.. 3.. One in Washington DC with some Latin guy I met who had his hands all over my body as we kissed. he pulled my wallet out of my back pocket and I told him to put it back or i would kill him. he put it back.

The other time was in DJ station when I was dancing on the stage. I was wearing very loose cover-alls and I forget where I had my wallet... I think I had a little thing thing in the bib pocket but had about 300b or 400b in my front pockets. While I was dancing a guy was trying to get into my back pocket. When he put his hand in my front pocket I smacked his hand and he backed away into the crowd....

I have a thing about being touched by strangers, I don't like to be touched and I am aware of every slight little touch making a pick-pocket work extra hard to try to get what is in my pockets. I think it may have to do with being the youngest in a big family and wishing I had my own space so that my brothers and sisters would stop touching me in a packed car, or crowded bed or full dinner table....

Shame it happened, but imagine him telling his friends about his time in the dark room at Babylon Bangkok!

After having lost wallets in crowded busses or on pedestrians, Thai usually carry there wallet in front pockets.

So do I. Never ever went my wallet “missing" anymore. Someone tried an old trick on me in Amsterdam but found his nose broken by accident.

I carry papers or others stuff in my back pocket. In 2001 found ones a foreign hand trying to slip something out of my back pocket. This happened at the Chinese markets near the Old Siam in Bangkok. I’ve smiled at him, shook his hand very firmly until I could hear some his bones. He didn’t seam to be too pleased with that. But he disappeared very quickly. Actually the young mans wasn’t very attractive looking. And I guess he didn’t want argue with some standing on 200 cm and in fairly fit shape. Never meet him again but a few Thais did look angrier at me as soon as they noticed what happened. Mai phen rai.

TrongpaiExpat
October 22nd, 2007, 01:53
Robbery is not the correct word, it should be theft. A robbery is a theft with the use of force like using a gun or beating the person and taking something.

In this case it was nothing. The title of this thread invokes an image of armed men holding up everyone. It will scare away all the farangs. On second though, excellent.

allieb
October 22nd, 2007, 02:00
What a bloody fool to go to a Sauna with a huge piece of bling. Queens will never learn to leave jewelry at home when cruising only take enough money to last the night. I always take out one credit card at a time. leaving the other in the hotel room safe.

A game I love to play

I always buy a dozen 200 baht fake omegas on each trip to Bangkok. When my vacation is over and I have a rough boys at home, I always leave one around usually on the bathroom shelf. After my rough trade had been to the bathroom and showers if he leaves in a hurry without waiting for an offer of money, I know the watch is gone. Cheap night for me and a stupid mistake on his part. Of course if he lingers I check the watch and if its still there I give him some money and one of the cheap watches.

October 22nd, 2007, 07:22
Robbery is not the correct word, it should be theft. A robbery is a theft with the use of force like using a gun or beating the person and taking something.

In this case it was nothing. The title of this thread invokes an image of armed men holding up everyone. It will scare away all the farangs. On second though, excellent.

It is between ROBBERY and THEFT because the thief use force to pull off the gold chains form the neck of victim rather than took it quietly .

October 22nd, 2007, 07:33
I thought pulling off was a fairly common activity at Babylon

October 22nd, 2007, 08:03
I thought pulling off was a fairly common activity at Babylon

You can find many PULLING-OFF in dark/steam room to avoid hungry hands or months and some PUSH-OFF on the aisle along the rest cabins .

dab69
October 22nd, 2007, 08:06
now I want a huge fake gold necklace with razor sharp front edges.

just my luck though, they would grab behind me and pull...

October 22nd, 2007, 08:13
now I want a huge fake gold necklace with razor sharp front edges.

just my luck though, they would grab behind me and pull...

Terribly bloody thought ! That necklace will cut thief's hand and your neck at the robbery.

dab69
October 22nd, 2007, 08:17
sure wouldn't want a thief to cut himself...

October 22nd, 2007, 08:28
The unluck/Lucky guy finally found his gold necklace back. Hope he also found a sexy encounter for celebration at late night in babylon .

October 22nd, 2007, 08:32

Wrong. A robbery may or may not include force and a weapon. Using a weapon is also an assault.

October 22nd, 2007, 08:42
Who cries over a gold necklace? The poor victim must have been a big old bottom.

October 22nd, 2007, 09:11
Who cries over a gold necklace? The poor victim must have been a big old bottom.

This guy was really sad , just complained repeatedly but didn't cry out .
He is not old and not fat at all , looks like early 20 . certainly must be a bottom .

TrongpaiExpat
October 22nd, 2007, 09:28
The bottom line here is there was no crime, call it what you want. In all likely-hood the guy just lost it. The staff and security of Babylon responded quickly and appropriately and recovered his necklace.

Crimes at Babylon are rare occurrences.

October 22nd, 2007, 09:36
I don't see how someone could rip a necklace from someone's neck and just disappear. Surely someone fleeing the scene with a gold necklace in their hands would arouse attention.

alipatt-old
October 22nd, 2007, 09:41
I left a watch in a locker at babylon - I then had to return next day to ask if it had been handed in ( remembered to ask on the way out )
No such luck ...
But I was telling this story to one of the boys at the coffee shop the following year and as we left one of the boys ran over and presented me with his watch ( a bit chipped and a fake niki watch ) totaly unexpected, I had only just chatted to the boys and given them some cheek while I had a coffee before going to the hotel.

Strangly this is a treasure of mine now and resided in a bedside table as it no longer works. I could not part with it.

Aunty
October 22nd, 2007, 10:33

He is not old............... looks like early 20

Well it's time he grew up then isn't it? Wearing a gold necklace into Babylon. I mean really, what is he? A special kind of stupid? Must be a true relative of Beryl's. I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for the boy. Have him stripped, scrubbed and sent to my hotel. I shall administer the sacraments.

October 22nd, 2007, 12:30
It must be a slow news day indeed if a queen losing her necklace at Babylon requires two pages of posts. Hasn't Bucky been fucked by anyone today or a child molestor arrested somewhere in Thailand? I know dears--that was yesterday's news, but aren't there fresh occurences of those two events on a daily basis?

Maybe we can liven it up today and Khun Bucket O' Booze can tell us about the boy who last fucked him. Or maybe Khun Colonel will stop talking to himself on the board long enough to tell us about the delectable cutie who sat on his fat face last night. Now any of those subjects might be worth two pages of posts.

October 22nd, 2007, 12:36
I don't see how someone could rip a necklace from someone's neck and just disappear. Surely someone fleeing the scene with a gold necklace in their hands would arouse attention.

No need to grab on hand , the thief could hide the gold inside of towel then quickly walked away .

TrongpaiExpat
October 22nd, 2007, 12:37
Welcome back BoyG.

October 22nd, 2007, 13:10
Welcome back BoyG.

Oh no, sweetie. I am a tad more clever and maybe a bit nicer than BG although he started off as a nice enough poster. I think Hedda and The Colonel drove the old boy around the bend.

BTW, when did you become an expat? Didn't it used to be just plain Trongpai, or do I not remember very well? That is possible as I am getting older, much older. I wish it were wiser, but I've ventured into these waters again, haven't I?

Thanks for the welcome dear. Now offer me a drink, and I will feel right at home.

October 22nd, 2007, 13:11
Welcome back BoyG.

Oh no, sweetie. I am a tad more clever and maybe a bit nicer than BG although he started off as a nice enough poster. I think Hedda and The Colonel drove the old boy around the bend.

BTW, when did you become an expat? Didn't it used to be just plain Trongpai, or do I not remember very well? That is possible as I am getting older, much older. I wish it were wiser, but I've ventured into these waters again, haven't I?

Thanks for the welcome dear. Now offer me a drink, and I will feel right at home.

TrongpaiExpat
October 22nd, 2007, 13:24

Changed name a little when the ez old board went down and it would not log me in as just Trongpai. The new board started around the time I moved to Thailand.

Can't tonight, I am off to Nong Khai early tomorrow for the bang fai phayaa naak festival but will be back in Bangkok next week. Call me.

October 23rd, 2007, 03:53
Safe storage
Where can you store your stuff@ the sauna?
Presumably the lockers are not safe?

dab69
October 23rd, 2007, 04:07
BG was a dumbass

October 23rd, 2007, 06:17
It must be a slow news day indeed if a queen losing her necklace at Babylon requires two pages of posts. Hasn't Bucky been fucked by anyone today or a child molestor arrested somewhere in Thailand? I know dears--that was yesterday's news, but aren't there fresh occurences of those two events on a daily basis?

Maybe we can liven it up today and Khun Bucket O' Booze can tell us about the boy who last fucked him. Or maybe Khun Colonel will stop talking to himself on the board long enough to tell us about the delectable cutie who sat on his fat face last night. Now any of those subjects might be worth two pages of posts.I see boygeenyus is back among us

October 23rd, 2007, 12:35
What a cry baby, and to think he demanded they search the sauna, what a complete brainless dildo head. I think they should ban all nine carrot charvers from the Babylon. He might have as well worn a placard round his neck saying rape me for all I am worth. I suspect the cunning dolphin decided to let the chain slip to the ground when the game was up, silly boy he should have just stuffed it up his back passage and enjoyed the rest of the evening, or at least until the guilt wore off so he could make a more discrete departure.

If this is anything to go by I can guarantee that that chain will not be going back with him after his holiday is ended. If he is so thick arsed as to want to flaunt his bling like that in a poor country than he deserves to loose it.

October 24th, 2007, 07:11
Read this comments from Utopians web-site :

"Babylon was a real disappointment this time for me and my friends. I have been a regular visitor to the sauna for several years, but now it appears that there are a lot of hustlers working there and they zero directly in on the caucasion visitors. My friend had his gold chain stolen from around his neck while in the steam room. I had my locker picked or entered and B$5000 stolen (the locker was locked when I returned but the money was gone). Upon check-in I was told that the secure storage at the front entrance was full and no more were available. There is also a taxi scam going outside: taxis park and they want four times the rate and the taxi driver will not use the meter. They tried that on on me but I speak fair Thai and I know Bangkok well so I chose to walk to the main street for a taxi." -- mikejersey, Oct 19, 2007

October 24th, 2007, 07:24
Read this COMPLETED comments from Utopians web-site :

Babylon was a real disappointment this time for me and my friends. I have been a regular visitor to the sauna for several years now but my last visit on October 15, 2007 left me not wanting to return. It appears that there are a lot of hustlers working there now and they zero directly in on the caucasion visitors. My friend had his cheap gold chain stolen from around his neck while in the steam room. I had my locker picked or entered and 5000 B stolen but they left the credit cards alone. the locker was locked when I left but the money was gone. Upon check in I was told as well as several others I have talked to that the secure storage at the front entrance is either full and no more available or the locks are broken.
I travel often in Asia and babylon was my favorite but now I will take my pleasures else where.
OH, and they now have this taxi scam going where you ask for a taxi and they want 4 times the rate and the taxi driver will not use the meter.
They tried that on on me but I chose to walk. I speak fair Thai and I know Bangkok well so I chose to walk to the main street for a taxi.

By MIKEJERSEY on Oct 19, 2007

Smiles
October 24th, 2007, 09:26
" ... It appears that there are a lot of hustlers working there now and they zero directly in on the caucasion visitors. My friend had his cheap gold chain stolen from around his neck while in the steam room ... "
. . . fast becoming a giant mountain out of a minor molehill. We get it, Muscleman, we get it..

Cheers ...

October 24th, 2007, 09:35
Does anyone else smell a vendetta? I've been going to Babylon for nearly 20 years, as have many of my friends. I've never been approached by a hustler there, nor have I had anything stolen -- nor heard of anyone who has. If it happens at Babylon, it certainly happens at other saunas equally.

October 24th, 2007, 09:53
We can say gold necklace stolen are those fool cutomers' deserve ,
But thousands BAHT lost in the locker is babylon's carelessness in management .
At least the owner should set up some CCTV monitors/Video-Recorders in locker area to find out the thief or some greedy staff ?

October 24th, 2007, 10:02
I think the "hustler" mean "thief" rather than "money-boy"
If you meet some guy asked for money after sex with you in Babylon , You can refuse to pay him and ask the staff to deport this money-boy .

bucknaway
October 24th, 2007, 11:03
It happens to Thai's also. When my friend went to Babylon, the desk guy asked him to secure his bracelet. he wore a very thick (5 baht) bracelet that is very difficult to remove and he wanted to keep it on and simply protect it and the staff persisted and would not let him enter the sauna with it on. He said he stood outside and was thinking about what he could do because he did not want to take it off. Then he heard that a thick gold chain had just been snatched in the sauna while he stood outside. He went back inside and the guy told him of the theft and again asked him to remove his gold. He had to get help from the staff to take off the bracelet. They also asked him to secure his thick gold ring and necklace. (He is a business owner).

He told me that there has been thefts at Babylon, Chakran and other places.

Does anyone else smell a vendetta? I've been going to Babylon for nearly 20 years, as have many of my friends. I've never been approached by a hustler there, nor have I had anything stolen -- nor heard of anyone who has. If it happens at Babylon, it certainly happens at other saunas equally.

October 24th, 2007, 11:49
Maybe I just don't hang around with people tasteless enough to wear a garish 5-baht gold necklace or chain, or foolish enough to walk around with thousands of baht in cash on them.

October 24th, 2007, 12:36
I had an unpleasant experience at reception in Babylon just 2 months ago ,
Passed a 1000B bill for a 260B ticket , but the staff returned to me only 240B cash ,
After little dispute with that tall guy , I got my 500B back . Afterward I never use 1000B bill to pay for entering Babylon .

October 24th, 2007, 15:28
We can say gold necklace stolen are those fool cutomers' deserve ,
But thousands BAHT lost in the locker is babylon's carelessness in management .
At least the owner should set up some CCTV monitors/Video-Recorders in locker area to find out the thief or some greedy staff ?

No, I have been a few times for a massage and never have I been approached by a hustler, only by rather good looking boys after the family jewels. Nor have I had any problem with taxis there, but I never leave later than about 10pm.
I always found the security there very good, they have security cameras already, I am glad there are none in the changing rooms, in any case there is usually two attendants on duty the whole time in there.

Sounds odd to me. I wonder on what basis Utopian comments are used, must be a slight risk there. In any case plenty of cheap gold jewellery might be better than Cialis for some, perhaps just the ticket. :idea:

bucknaway
October 24th, 2007, 17:27
When I was going into the sauna in Phuket, there was a Farang and Thai entering and the Farang asked for the safety box. he tried to hand a wad of 1,000b notes to the clerk but the clerk told him "Better you count it" And he counted out 40 1,000b notes and the Thai guy handed the money to the Farang guy standing behind him and he counted it. The guy also handed over some jewelry and a cell phone. I was wondering why he had so much money until I remembered it was none of my business. The lean, muscular guy with long black hair was HOT also with his towel folded in half before he wrapped it around himself.... Just thought I would mention that.

Maybe I just don't hang around with people tasteless enough to wear a garish 5-baht gold necklace or chain, or foolish enough to walk around with thousands of baht in cash on them.