PDA

View Full Version : Silom Trinity Hotel

October 17th, 2007, 21:36
I have read some threads on this hotel and a couple of months ago when I was in Bangkok, I walked in a soi with morning market and came across this hotel. Opposite the hotel is Silom Residence. Are they under the same ownership?
Another thing, how does a taxi get to the hotel during the daytime when the market is doing business?
I might try this hotel on my next trip but not if the taxi drop me infront in Silom Road and let me walk in!!

TrongpaiExpat
October 18th, 2007, 00:55
It's a short walk to get in from the other side on Narathivatchanakarin, just don't try to say that soi when drunk or on second though a few drinks might help with the pronouncastion.

From BTS ChongNansi take exit 2 and walk back to the 7/11 and take a right. There is no street sign but it goes to the Trinity Complex.

Brad the Impala
October 19th, 2007, 20:03
Dear Trongpai, sorry to go off message, what's new!, but shouldn't your self title at the end of your posts read Eeh Dock Tong!?

Hmmm
October 19th, 2007, 20:03
Silom Residence @ Trinity IS apparently the former Trinity Silom Hotel, although I haven't stayed there since the name change ...
http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/prep ... index.html (http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/prepaidhotels/trinity/index.html)

Taxis can come in the same way as described by TrongpaiExpat, from the street that Chong Nonsi BTS is on. Turn at the 7-11. Even when the market is closed on Soi 5, that soi is often still blocked before you reach the hotel from that end.

Or taxis can access it from Sathorn and Convent Rd, which appears to be the 'official' route, although it wouldn't be my choice ...
http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/prep ... ation.html (http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/prepaidhotels/trinity/location.html)

TrongpaiExpat
October 19th, 2007, 21:21
Dear Trongpai, sorry to go off message, what's new!, but shouldn't your self title at the end of your posts read Eeh Dock Tong!?

I guess it should be อีดอกทอง อี as a rising long e sound. I am never quite sure how to Romanize Thai. Not shure about adding the k to Doc either?

The Soi I live on has three different Roman spellings and none of them approximate what it really sounds like.

On of my favorites was an Internet shop in Samui that had a huge neon sign for " height speed Internet"

October 19th, 2007, 22:02
I alway stay at the Trinity Silom Hotel. Very good value for dollar and they never say word about your overnight guest. To get there in a cab, just go around the block; have the taxi driver go down the Soi on the other side of Bangkok Bank (Silom Soi 3) then turn right and right again and you are there. Their phone number is 0-2231-5333 if your taxi drriver needs to call them for directions in Thai.

October 20th, 2007, 09:50
Trinity Silom.

I tried the place a couple of years ago and was not impressed. The taxi drives right in - the guard opens the barrier. I paid about 1100 baht room and breakfast.

The lobby is nice though dimly light.

My room was not tired it was exhausted and smelt well used. No problem taking a joiner back.

Now the crunch - breakfast. I have seen in other hotels that they put the food out in the chaffing dishes - sometimes before 1 a.m. Then they light the heater lamps under the dishes to warm up the food just before service. A very dangerous practice.

Here at Trinity they had forgotten to light the lamps and the food was all stone cold. Amazingly, I was the only person to complain and they then light the lamps. I tried a sip of the coffee, spat it back into the cup and left.

The best thing about the place is a not too bad location and Villa supermarket next door. I do hope that they have improved the rooms by now?

IEB2004-old
October 20th, 2007, 17:03
I have not stayed in Trinity, but in Unico Grande Sathorn, which is around the corner. There are at least 4 ways to get to Silom Trinity Hotel, most of which are outlined above: (1) via Sathorn Soi 8, (2) via Silom Soi 3, (3) walking down the small soi on the other side of Bangkok Bank from Soi 3 which takes you through a busy market, and (4) via Soi Narathiwat 3 (pronounced: na-ra-tea-wat) which is the best way from Chongnonsi BTS station.

If you are walking any way will do, but if by taxi it will depend on the time of day and the day of week as elsewhere in Bangkok. There is a school on Soi Narathiwat 3 which operates most weekends and causes terrible congestion in that soi so be warned.

A new interesting looking restaurant was scheduled to open in August 07 on the corner of Soi Narathiwat 3 at the entrance to Trinity Silom.