PDA

View Full Version : Chin House or Pantip Court?

October 17th, 2007, 07:29
I will be in BKK for one month, am thinking about staying at a serviced apartment. I got quote from both Chin House and Pantip Court.
Pantip Court: 97 sqm, on South Sathorn Road
Chin House (II): 56 sqm, on Saladeng Road

Pantip is about US$220 more than Chin House, but the room is bigger. But the Chin house seem to have a better location.
I intend to stay in the apartment the way like I would stay at home, and am not going to be running around outside like a fresh tourist. But I would certainly enjoy a convenient location for food and small shopping trips.

I have never stayed at these two apartments before. Does anybody has experience with these apartments? how about their condition? Does Chin House (II)'s room have a balcony?
I would appreciate any comments.

:bounce:

October 17th, 2007, 10:50
Chin House II
http://www.chinhouse.com/

This has to be the first choice for convenience. It is quite a few minutes walking distance to gay venues and many shops, supermarkets and restaurants in nearby Silom and Suriwong, skytrain, subway and park. Very popular with gay community. Saladang is a bit posh like Park lane Bangkok style. Chin House II floor plan shows no balcony. As Chin House ! does show balconies I guess you don't have one. I think they are of limited use in a city.

Pantip Court
http://www.pantipcourt.com

Very grand ( some European royals stay here ) and located near Malaysia Hotel and Babylon. There are modest shops and restaurants - some gay Mali, Oh Ho, Vincent, nearby. Rooms and suites are very nice and the staff are quite exceptional - the lift boy always remembers your floor and pushes the lift button for you when he sees you coming. the front doors are always opened for you. They have a great lunch buffet at 320 baht. The large garden/pool area is an oasis in Bangkok. Taxis are plentiful and a minimum fare 37 baht takes you to Silom gay area.

October 17th, 2007, 12:44
Chin House II
http://www.chinhouse.com/

As Chin House ! does show balconies I guess you don't have one. I think they are of limited use in a city.

Not of any interest to the 'flying farang' fraternity then? :bounce:

October 17th, 2007, 14:53
Not of any interest to the 'flying farang' fraternity then? :bounce:

lol....nah...I am still too young to go down...lol
I don't smoke, but some of the guys I meet from clubs are smokers. A balcony is good for the smokers.

TrongpaiExpat
October 17th, 2007, 15:26
One month in Bangkok and not going anywhere else? Not sure I would go with a serviced apartment for just one month unless you really like to cook your own meals. No big grocery stores in waking distance to Pantip, I guess you could walk to Silom grocery stores from Chin but not with a lot of stuff.

Pantip is the nicer of the two, too hi-so for me to be comfortable though.

In my opinion someplace like Vincent's would work out better for a one month stay.

Brad the Impala
October 17th, 2007, 17:16
Can recommend Chin House for a one monthy stay. Close to Silom Plaza, or is it Silom Centre, which has a good supermarket in the basement. You can also have room service at Chin House and takeaways delivered. Recommend the Pizza takeaway from Zannotti's, also in Saladeang. Pick up a leaflet as you walk past to Silom. Don't forget the wonderful Chinese noodle shop at the corner of Saladeang and Silom.

TrongpaiExpat
October 18th, 2007, 01:02
Can recommend Chin House for a one monthy stay. Close to Silom Plaza, or is it Silom Centre, which has a good supermarket in the basement.

Silom Complex
Yes, that's a very nice Tops Market and not at all like the Tops on the other side of Silom at Robinsons.