PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Beach: I want to bitch slap 'em into next week...

October 15th, 2007, 09:32
Rainwalker99, I could not agree more. Though I am a cigarette addict myself, I try to mitigate the unpleasant effects therefrom on my fellow humans.

Perhaps we could organize a revolt by having several of us surround the offender at the beach and sing a hearty rendition of "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles"? Or, better yet, why not organize a protest by telling Rit we will no longer sit in his chairs as long as this asshole is allowed to pollute the air? Then we just move next door and watch the fun!

Of course, these kinds of people don't really care about others, only themselves. So the best solution would combine derision with economic sanction. So let's do both!

October 15th, 2007, 09:55
... if we're on the subject of people being obnoxious in public spaces, can we perhaps ban mobile phones from beaches, bars, restaurants ... almost anywhere I happen to be, in fact

October 15th, 2007, 10:50
Ah, Rainwalker my friend. You are in Thailand now. Try this mantra...

Mai pen rai

I've sat at the Rit'z Chairs and I decided it wasn't my style. Its a big beach. You CAN get your knickers in a twist or you can choose to move to another place. That's what I did.

I don't mean to excuse bad behavior. Its how you deal with it that makes your life better or worse.

October 15th, 2007, 11:09
Harold:

Rit's section is not the only option if one is attracted for some reason to the beach in Jomtien. Why not either move on or bring your meds with you. Given your self-announced financial well-being, why not travel to a cleaner, quieter beach.

catawampuscat
October 15th, 2007, 12:47
There is an English speaking farang (American?) who also smokes smelly cigars but at least he sits on the side but he still
pollutes the orange chairs. He also speaks so loud and lets everyone know about his restaurant, his boys, his everything.
Fortunately, he only rarely appears but I make it my business to sit as far away as possible as do most other ex-pats. He
is beyond redemption as is the vile German who thinks the world revolves around him. Something about obnoxious Germans
that reminds us of their vile history and evokes strong feelings..

The pole holder does pontificate far too loudly and I have heard entire endless stories while getting massaged on the
sand far behind. I doubt he realizes how loudly he speaks but he is known by the staff as phut mak. I also have a strong
loud voice and have been shushed by irritated Germans in the row in front of me.. (maybe they were Dutch or Belgian).
Some of us are just loud talkers and I think the pole holder would quiet down if asked unlike the fucking cigaristas..

Why doesn't anyone complain about the soft speakers.. You know, the ones who make you think you need to have your ears
tested. The mumblers, the monotonists, the whisperers, the guys who think they speak Thai and butcher the language.. It
ain't easy sitting at Mr. Ritz.

Rainwalker, one more thing, it gets worse as high season approaches and every seat gets filled..
Things may change if the new laws limiting the number of chairs and umbrellas takes effect..Time will tell.. :cat:

October 15th, 2007, 12:52
Something about obnoxious Germans that reminds us of their vile history and evokes strong feelingsThank god we didn't need them at Waterloo. And that Martin Luther - what a disaster for civilization he's been. Beethoven, Bach, Goethe - vile bastards all :bounce:

catawampuscat
October 15th, 2007, 13:00
homi.. of course, the colonel understood the reference was not referring to hundreds of years of German history but to
relatively recents events..think 1930's , 1940's.. gestapo etal.
I doubt anyone else will think of Martin Luther.

I guess the colonel fought the Lutherans in his wacky made up universe he calls a life.. :cat:

painai2
October 15th, 2007, 15:12
Two other pet peeves--the Thai boys who turn up the speaker on the cell phone and listen to music for everyone in their group to hear. Unfortunately, it goes past the group. The other day I was trying to read, but decided time to leave when I couldn't take the noise. Another peeve, I just returned from Bangkok on the bus. So many either loud mouths or cell phone users seem to care less that everyone on the bus can hear them. Makes for a lousy trip which is already lousy anyway with the road construction.

October 16th, 2007, 02:26
... there ain't nothin' you can do with people like this, it seems the older they are, the worse they are, I was going to suggest take a pix of him and put it on here, but not sure if that is legal, but one thing you could do is lift your right or left cheek in front of him and break wind - and say, "this is not america........"!

bucknaway
October 16th, 2007, 02:33
Rainwalker, I have never seen you in such a mood and I hate to see you so pissed... Things like that use to piss me off but then I would think, if I were dead I would long to be offended by that odor... But since I am not dead, but alive... how do I enjoy the moment and make the most of my day? My answer would be to move... Pull yourself out of that "I always sit there" rut and move to a different chair. Who knows what that change will bring? Maybe it was the hand of fate attempting to nudge you in the direction of opportunity. Maybe it was God himself that was attempting to have you cross paths with someone he wanted to bless....

Maybe it was me who God was trying to bless with a chance meeting of you had you moved your seat.

I no longer ignore the winds of fate... I use to live my life in a rut. I saw the same things every day, the same people every day, the same restaurants, taxi, friends.... Nothing was new and how I felt I was missing something. Now I no longer wait for others to make my moment in life better, I do it myself. If I don't like the smell I am smelling, I take the stress out of it and go where I know I can be happy or think I will be happy.

Just remember that it is up to you to set the mood for you next minute in life.

As for the guys on the cell phones... I have a dear friend who is slowly loosing his hearing and my heart goes out to him because in a few years he will be stone cold deaf........

Dick
October 16th, 2007, 06:39
You're by the beach, right?
Fun and games on the sand with the boys, right? Or maybe just the boys by themselves.
Lots of water being thrown about, right?
Accidents can sometimes happen, sometimes all too often (hint) especially if someone makes the mistake of sitting up front.

Well this is Thailand, and I can play water games where ever I want!

If someone had pissed me off as much as this Krout seems to have pissed on you, I would have no second thoughts. In fact I would consider it a community service.

Rain on his parade, Rainwalker!

October 16th, 2007, 08:40
Lots of water being thrown about, right?I was staying in a serviced apartment in an entertainment area in a foreign cuntry (careful readers will immediately spot the one I mean) and happily asleep when some twerp drove up in his car at 2am, radio blaring, and parked right under my balcony, with his door open. Dead silence was achieved within two or three minutes when a bucket of water suddenly descended on his car from above. The important thing is not to appear to be involved. I didn't look over the balcony to admire my handiwork; the result was a sufficient end in itself

adman5000
October 16th, 2007, 10:20
It seems that getting even as some describe would be much healthier. A water "accident" by the boys, a well placed fart, paying the folks such as the pineapple lady or dried squid vendors, a few baht to go bother the shit out of him, or perhaps offering him a cigar (which explodes upon lighting of course) might all get rid of the offender.

I too am offended by the blabbing into cellphones all around me. I have looked into the cellphone jammers and especially like that idea, although illegal. Are they available in Thailand?

gearguy
October 16th, 2007, 10:46
maybe would do the trick.

October 16th, 2007, 11:14
I have looked into the cellphone jammers and especially like that idea, although illegalIllegalities have never worried me - cottaging at 13 (or indeed any age) was illegal but that thought never stopped me. I'm always highly amused when pooftahs worry about legalities. I've always been one for quick, decisive actions - I learnt that skill when commanding the Mobile Laundry (where the sobriquet that my niece Aunty uses to address me - "Beryl" - originated - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=312 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=312)

What I'm after is one of those feedback devices that I could surreptitiously point at microphone-wielding Used Salvation Salesman and others of that ilk, and produce the standard high-pitched whine

October 16th, 2007, 11:22
the standard high-pitched whineYou seem to be obsessed with your niece Aunty.

lonelywombat
October 22nd, 2007, 20:16
Well I did sit in the orange chairs but did not see/smell the cigar smoker

I am aware of the loud speaker who holds onto the umbrella pole and does not sit down

I am also aware of others who are getting too fat to sit in the deck chairs, some even use plastic chairs by choice

It appears to me that most expats in this area are getting obese very fast.

Many of them I see waddling past White Knight

When I mentioned this my friend, he was shocked and said many are on the thaivisa diet. ?????

It does not appear to be working.

Over morning cappachino at Two Guys, I find Stewart walks to Jomtien, or up to North Road along Second

Road, back again along Beach Road to Sunee. If I was to live as an expat in Pattaya ,a walking club say 2-3

days a week would be a priority. I am to old for the Hash House harriers.

Maybe this could stimulate a walking group or a coffee group that talks about walking

thaiworthy-old
October 22nd, 2007, 21:08
When I first came to Jomtien, I did not know where the gay beach was. I found a place and closed my eyes for just a minute. When I opened them again I noticed a new neighbor who was more offensive than anything you guys have yet to mention:

An old, withered hag with her top off!

I quickly found the gay beach.

javascript:emoticon(':toothy2:')

October 22nd, 2007, 23:00
One of these little devils might be the thing to deal with self-centered mobile phone yakkers:

(tried to post a link to a pocket-sized mobile jamming device selling for under $50, but your board software doesn't trust me with hot links)

Don't currently have a solution for the evil cigar-smoking ilk, but will keep my eyes peeled.

Captain Swing
October 22nd, 2007, 23:51
Maybe this could stimulate a walking group or a coffee group that talks about walking

The latter sounds like my kind of group. I'd be happy to join, so long as I didn't have to--you know--WALK. I'm so fat that talking about walking is about all the exercise I could stand. I dream of someday working my way up to a group that talks about running. BTW I once actually broke one of the Jomtien beach chairs just by sitting on it. Amazingly, they didn't even try to charge me for it.

October 23rd, 2007, 01:39
BTW I once actually broke one of the Jomtien beach chairs just by sitting on it. Amazingly, they didn't even try to charge me for it.

They were too busy trying to push you back into the sea.

October 23rd, 2007, 01:45
Don't currently have a solution for the evil cigar-smoking ilk, but will keep my eyes peeled.[/quote]

I don’t smoke neither cigars nor cigarettes but I used to many years ago. I hate it now with one exception: Even a really good cigar will keep mosquitoes away. ..