PDA

View Full Version : Rama IV environs (including the Pinnacle Hotel)

October 14th, 2007, 10:06
For those of you planing a stay at the Pinnacle Hotel or nearby in the immediate future, be warned that the local authority is re-surfacing the road. Those of us who live there now have a film of dust over all the apartment. It's not pleasant. How long will it last? Well, This Is Thailand, so your guess is as good as mine (no matter what the contractor says)

October 14th, 2007, 12:33
That's usual in that area but for another B1000 they'll try for a second coming.

October 14th, 2007, 20:18
As a matter of interest since Pinnacle hotel is mentioned here. The hotel's lobby/reception desk and restaurant is under renovation too. Guests now have to use the service lift in the car park to go to level 3 and change to the guests elevator to go to their rooms. Restaurant serving bfast and reception is now at level 3. For the inconvenience, free cocktails served at the sauna floor (14th).
Ha ha... noticed some guys taking their boys up to their rooms using the service lift. I asked one of the guys if they can get to their room. He told me usually yes unless the door is locked by room service staff. Great way to avoid paying joiners fee!!!

October 14th, 2007, 20:52
As a matter of interest since Pinnacle hotel is mentioned here. The hotel's lobby/reception desk and restaurant is under renovation too. Guests now have to use the service lift in the car park to go to level 3 and change to the guests elevator to go to their rooms. Restaurant serving bfast and reception is now at level 3. For the inconvenience, free cocktails served at the sauna floor (14th).
Ha ha... noticed some guys taking their boys up to their rooms using the service lift. I asked one of the guys if they can get to their room. He told me usually yes unless the door is locked by room service staff. Great way to avoid paying joiners fee!!!

Pinnacle Hotel doesn't charge joiners fee.

Usually more "experienced" hustlers do know a way going "around" reception and security in order to avoid joiner’s fee.

People can only be warned: Failing to report visitors at the reception lead to very nasty surprises, like theft and others. There is a reason for any security rules in order to protect the hotels guests.

October 14th, 2007, 21:42
My last visit (July) they were indeed charging joiners and there was big sign posted saying so. 500 baht.

Smiles
October 14th, 2007, 23:31
" ... Those of us who live there now have a film of dust over all the apartment, and up my nose ... "
Assume you will be using the 'usual method' of keeping things like dust, pollution, smells and the like from going up your nose.
As that last boy ~ taking a breather ~ said, " ... it's a nasty job, but some body's got to do it ... "

Cheers ....

October 15th, 2007, 06:14
When will the hotel renovations and road works be completed?

October 15th, 2007, 08:26
Pinnacle is not as gay friendly as it used to be.A friend in the hotel industry suggests that with the recent low season being very, very low some hotels are seizing on any revenue-enhancing activity they can. Thais have never been ones for deferring immediate gain to benefit medium term prosperity, so the fact that the news would get out about their parsimony and so discourage occupancy (if not travel) even more simply hasn't occurred to them

One advantage Tarntawan does have over many other hotels is its strong non-Thai ownership and management commitment. One thing the room-rate jockeys don't seem to have factored in is that the Tarntawan still (I believe) includes a full breakfast and that normally means you and your overnight guest (if exists). One downside of the rooms facing the front, so another chum tells me, is the chatter of the doormen, porters and drivers at 5am as early departures and arrivals start up. That courtyard can be a real echo chamber

TrongpaiExpat
October 15th, 2007, 15:14
I lost count of the number of different stories I have heard about the Pinnacle and Jimmy regarding both being gay friendly and joiner fees.

Ask Jimmy about what's going on and you might be sorry you asked.

October 15th, 2007, 15:35
Jimmy's clients don't get charged a joiner if they book a double room unless you have a more recent update.

October 15th, 2007, 15:57
I believe Jimmy in asking for both names for a double to make sure you don't get charged the joiner feeSurely the point is that many posters are looking for joiners? Checking in with a boyfriend isn't my idea of fun at all