PDA

View Full Version : Dog owner

October 13th, 2007, 09:16
Hi, I would like to meet people interested in dogs. I miss having a dog here at the moment. As I travel back and forth to Australia it is hard to have a dog here. I have a dog in Australia and he luckily can stay at my friend's house during my absence. A second home for him. I used to have whippets and bulldogs and now have a daschund cross. My boyfriend likes my dog in Australia but is not sure about caring for one when I am not here. We live in Thonglor. I am working on softening his attitude. I can only pat the small beagle that lives in the townhouse next to ours...

lonelywombat
October 13th, 2007, 10:30
I have a golden retriever and the reason I do not stay longer than 3 weeks is I miss him

It has been suggested I bring him on a trip but quarantine on return makes it impossible

Have not seen many good dogs here all mainly street dogs.

October 13th, 2007, 11:14
I guess my solution would be to find a nice home for the dog to live in while I am away. Wonder if anyone would like to be a foster home for 6 weeks now and then? Private arrangments can then be made. My Australian dog is used to be cared for by different peo[le. I am a retired veterinarian and my dogs used to come to work every day and used to loads of people. Social skills a great bonus. Will go to The mall Bangkapi today: there is a dog show on. Never know what you can find!

October 13th, 2007, 11:42
I have a friend who swears by Green Curry Dog; he's very interested in it. I see that Americans can now take dogs on board aircraft (along with hamburgers and fries); I assume the flight attendants cook them up in the on-board ovens and serve them as the in-flight meal

krobbie
October 13th, 2007, 13:54
homintern, you are such a shit stirrer.

I have learned not to take you too seriously.

krobbie :salute:

October 13th, 2007, 20:16
homintern, you are such a shit stirrer.

I have learned not to take you too seriously.

krobbie :salute:

krobbie. Do what a lot of others do and put homintern on ignore - lesson over.

jolyjacktar
October 14th, 2007, 01:36
I have a jackrussel who comes out on the boat with me on all my trips. Hes a good boat dog and the other crew members regard him as a lucky mascot. I would be lost without him now, when im out of the country my good friend who is also my firstmate on board takes care of him. The dogs name is jollyroger or roge for short you can contact the little weeetheart at
jollyroger999@pugwash.com

October 14th, 2007, 09:58
.... My boyfriend likes my dog in Australia but is not sure about caring for one when I am not here. We live in Thonglor. I am working on softening his attitude. I can only pat the small beagle that lives in the townhouse next to ours...

Its funny you post this because I'm having the opposite problem with my BF. When we were in Chatuchak market a while back he started begging me for a "beautiful dog" in the pet section. I pointed out it was kind of silly since we had no way to keep the dog in our hotel. He kept on about a dog while we were in Bangkok and I finally told him if he really wanted a dog all he had to do was go to the local Temple and he could have his pick for free. "No! Not beautiful dog!" he says. I told him the Temple Dog would love him all the same as the Market Dog, and maybe more.
He's not convinced, but we've avoided the pet section of Chatuchak ever since.

October 14th, 2007, 10:03
The bloody woman who lives next to me lets her three pooches loose on the roof terrace, where their incessant yapping wakes me at all hours. I'm tempted to throw poisoned meat down at them. Dogs are NOT urban animals

October 14th, 2007, 11:00
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 14th, 2007, 21:29
but dogs require so much bloody attention.

Cats are far better...you can leave them for weeks with a friend and they couldn't give a toss about you. Then sit on your lap as soon as you return.

October 15th, 2007, 06:01
...you can leave them for weeks with a friend and they couldn't give a toss about you. Then sit on your lap as soon as you return.You mean boyfriends, don't you?

October 15th, 2007, 08:17
.....Cats are far better...you can leave them for weeks with a friend and they couldn't give a toss about you. Then sit on your lap as soon as you return.

Yes, but then they crap someplace where you can't find it just to get even.
You can smell it for months before you start moving furniture around to find it.

October 15th, 2007, 10:33
Hi again, thanks for the suggestions....dog curry.....had it once in the past and I can live without it. Was in Kalimantan and the menu was dog and snake curry!
Seems like i will be able to resolve my problem internally with one of my employees offering to take "my future" pooch in when I am away. Went to TheMall Bangkapi to a dog show on the weekened. Saw one farang lady showing a pekingese: went to talk to her.....surprise....she lives in the soi behind my house in Thonglor! Small world.
The man running Ozono will look for a whippet for me next year. Things are starting to get organised.