View Full Version : Ok, so I am in Bangkok... Now what?

bucknaway
October 11th, 2007, 18:50
I made my flight out of JFK but buying my tickets through Thaifly has proven to be a problem. I paid them over $1,260 usd for an Economy Deluxe seat. What I got was an economy standard seat. I am a little upset about it because I confirmed with them that the seat would be enonomy deluxe and they told me it was....

So on the plane... only the right ear worked on my headset. I was in a bad seat I guess... But the flight was ok. The plane was not full and I would have had my row of seats all to myself if a lady did not move into my row to lay down.

There was one very attractive guy on the flight. he always caught me looking at him and we exchanged smiles. Once we landed in BKK, I went to get my bags and he went to a connecting flight.

So I leave the airport and am in a taxi. I am happy they moved the Taxi stands to the same level as baggage claim but you have to make your way through the hired limo/taxi's to get to the Metered Taxi stands. Many touts would try to talk to me but all I said was I have been here many times and they left me alone.

I find the outside taxi stand from the guys in the yellow shirts and I get my taxi. The driver did not turn on the Meter. I asked him to turn on the meter 3 times and he ignored me. I called my friend and told him about my problem and shortly after the driver turned on the meter.... (Gonna be one of those type of trips.)

I checked into my room at Vincents. Nice place and even got a kiss from the bell-boy. (I don't like putting too much information out about real people).

October 11th, 2007, 22:51
Ok, so I am in Bangkok... Now what?

Good question ! If you like a stupid answer ! :clown:

catawampuscat
October 12th, 2007, 00:21
Starting threads with routine travel details is the stuff of blogs, not open forums.

Bucky, can you imagine if everyone started a thread everytime they arrived in Thailand and
reported on the details and asked inane questions.I really don't mean to be rough on Bucky but after starting many many threads with stuff that
screams blog, isn't it blog time for bucky? :cat:

October 12th, 2007, 00:54
Bucky - don't let others discourage you. I like reading your stuff. You have a sense of humour, especially about yourself, that is rare and refreshing.

Brad the Impala
October 12th, 2007, 01:52
Bucky - don't let others discourage you. I like reading your stuff. You have a sense of humour, especially about yourself, that is rare and refreshing.

Second that!

TrongpaiExpat
October 12th, 2007, 01:55
Welcome to Bangkok, did you bring all this rain?

Did you get a complaint form from the desk before you got a taxi. I thought that little form put an end to drivers from the airport refusing to put on a meter? It's a 1000B fine for not having the meter on with a passenger.

In my experience it does not happen very much. I must take about 400 taxis a year and I only remember two this year refusing to turn on the meter. I got out and walked away.

And, by the way, post any thing you want. Ignore the cat. Speaking of animals, that fat black dog that lives at the corner of Rama 4 and Nham dupree, around the corner from you, is a little disoriented. The bank that was his home has moved across the street. The dog refused to move with them.

Sen Yai
October 12th, 2007, 02:14
There was one very attractive guy on the flight. he always caught me looking at him and we exchanged smiles. Once we landed in BKK, I went to get my bags and he went to a connecting flight.

.... (Gonna be one of those type of trips.)

**YAWN** Yep, gonna be one of those sort of trips.....

October 12th, 2007, 02:22

Second that!

Thirded.

G.

October 12th, 2007, 04:57
I am not sure what you asked for from Thaifly.
There are 3 fares Business , Premium Economy and Economy
So i have never heard of the classes that were in your post.
I have flown this fight aprox 9 times over the last 3 years
I have never seen Premium Economy that cheap its usually $ 1400 to $1700 depending on what time of year you fly.
The price you paid is for Economy

Hope this helps

Wesley
October 12th, 2007, 05:24
I agree the price he paid is definitely economy. it was a good buy in fact at economy. Other than minute details about his flight I hope the rest of his posts about his stray are as much fun as watching the reports and defrocking of Billy boy. This looks like a fun trip to read about.

don't blog until you get home.

Wes

andrewcraig
October 12th, 2007, 07:15
Bucky

I am over 25 years older than you and the things you get up to are at best a memory for me or an I wish.
Keep us up to date with where, how and how many at a time.
Its not that I dont believe you, but the odd [very odd] photo of your exploits would help me be convinced.
Just do it safely.

catawampuscat
October 12th, 2007, 09:49
trongpai, I have a right to my opinion as you do.
you can ignore who ever you please and in my opinion you should be ignored as a classless asshole.

Your snide association of this poster with a fat street dog is not appreciated and your tolerance for opinions
that differ from your own show you up to be a jerk and an obnoxous one at that. No class , just trash...... :cat:

Brad the Impala
October 12th, 2007, 10:42
trongpai, I have a right to my opinion as you do.
you can ignore who ever you please and in my opinion you should be ignored as a classless asshole.

Your snide association of this poster with a fat street dog is not appreciated and your tolerance for opinions
that differ from your own show you up to be a jerk and an obnoxous one at that. No class , just trash...... :cat:

Another wrong end of the stick, another venerable member dipped in humourless bile regurgitated from the bottom of a bottle.

October 12th, 2007, 12:36
Fourth.............lets have more...

October 12th, 2007, 15:15
OK - let's have more. How was your night of rest at Vincent's. Does the queue of your internet users reach the boxing stadium. Ignore the cat - we are hanging on your every keystroke.

bbf-old
October 12th, 2007, 15:31
"Ok, so I am in Bangkok... Now what? "

Time to start your plans for returning to your beloved mislead Republican run country... hey, you voted for him yes?? Please do not hurry back to LOS for the sake of the most of us here....

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

catawampuscat
October 12th, 2007, 15:47
sorry bradthe impala/smiles, I do not drink alcohol to excess and when the rare evening happens when I overdo it,
I certainly do not post or even think about gaythailand forums. I will leave that to letmethrowup.

I bear no ill will towards bucky, but I am not obsessed by his trysts and time in Thailand. Several others on this forum
do find his ever encounter the stuff of dreams and fantasy and I can only imagine they are impotent men who
get off on the stories of a younger man who doesn't have to pay for sex.

I know other men who don't pay and I have seen some of the men/boys that they meet on line or in bath houses.
I wouldn't have sex with most of these non money-guys or even if they paid.
Bucky should post to his heart's content but if everyone started a thread every time they had a thought, this forum would
be overflowing with the stuff that belongs in personal blogs.

I can see I am in the minority, maybe even a minority of one, on this and am surprised at the bitchy responses to my opinion..
You boys can live your life vicariously thru bucky's sex life but I for one will live life thru my own sex life and not wait with
baited breathe for bucky's next update. To each his own and I encourage everyone on this forum to start threads and post
everything they do and think, every day, and prove my point... No bottle, no alcohol, just one man's opinion. :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
October 12th, 2007, 21:25

I love that fat old dog, she would not harm a flea. The poor old thing has been there for years. The bank employees feed her and give her ice water every day.

Smiles
October 12th, 2007, 21:35
" ... sorry bradtheimpala/smiles ... "
Swampcat, I'm not quite sure where you got this idea from, but it's as far from reality as it's possible to be.
Perhaps you perceive that I 'agree' with much of what Brad writes . . . and in that you would be correct. For instance, apparently he sees you as a fool, as do I. That hardly means we are one and the same.

Brad's photo is on this Board (somewhere ... look it up) . . . as is mine. Trust me, we have little physical similarity.
You can keep on believing in any silly fantasy your mind has conjured up (I'm sure you will). But in this case however, it just adds to your already widely-accepted foolishness.

Cheers ...

Brad the Impala
October 12th, 2007, 21:54
I agree!

However I don't know what Smiles means about little physical similarity, unless he means that I am more handsome and thirty kilos heavier!

catawampuscat
October 13th, 2007, 00:15
it is nice that smiles & bradtheimpala are in lockstep and in the same mindset. I can no longer recall why I thought
they were one poster. It does seem to get under smiles' skin but it is time to let it go. I still think Daeng's appearance
and smiles being hidden seem a bit too convenient but it is time to let that drop as well..

it is nice that trongpai loves the old fat street dog but somehow I don't think he has the same affection for this old cat
but it is nice he softened his comparison and I guess that is as close to an apology as trongpai will get.

it is nice that brad the impala dropped his "bottle" references as it is a unwarranted slur and beneath his usual
level of posting.

I actually kind of like smiles and enjoy yanking his chain on occasion and putting him in the same league with hedda is about as nasty as one can get but it is undeserved as no one is as vile and contemptible as the hedda.

:cat:

October 13th, 2007, 00:37

Time to start your plans for returning to your beloved mislead Republican run country... hey, you voted for him yes?? Please do not hurry back to LOS for the sake of the most of us here....

wave ! :clown:

October 13th, 2007, 00:52
Bucknaway, keep posting, I enjoy reading your entries. It is reading experiences such as yours with the meter (non) taxi that I find useful. Will help me when I arrive in February. Enjoy your trip.

Wesley
October 13th, 2007, 00:55

Wow, Two post and what a way to enter the discussion, where is Smiles when you need him. I was rebuked by smiles for not being back on the board long enough to say stuff like this to the col. Where in the hell is Smiles board etiquette now.

October 13th, 2007, 01:11
where is Smiles when you need him. I was rebuked by smiles for not being back on the board long enough to say stuff like this to the col. Where in the hell is Smiles board etiquette now.

Smiles is not a pretty man. No one can argue that. I love him as 'Napoleon ' . Seeing Smiles , dressed up in a tuxedo on the red carpet, just really make my day ! :clown:

October 13th, 2007, 01:24
I ran in to Bucks tonight in Krazy Dragon. He is a really nice guy, is very good looking and a very fit dude. He was certainly a hit with the boys in KD and had five of them hovering around his table.

Anyone that thinks he is keeneow, don't believe it, I saw him tip all the boys that were at his table before he left the bar. Have a great vacation Bucks, it was a pleasure to have met you and I look forward to having a beer with you before you leave Pattaya.

George.

piston10
October 13th, 2007, 01:28
What the hell is this page all about? A rhetorical question, of course. I should hate to prolong the agony by provoking replies.

Wesley
October 13th, 2007, 02:27
It's all about BUCKY

Smiles
October 13th, 2007, 04:27
What the hell is this page all about? A rhetorical question, of course. I should hate to prolong the agony by provoking replies.
Don't be so naive Sir.
The (click here):'Law of Message Board Thermodynamics' (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/the-most-profitable-gay-gogo-bar-in-pattaya-t12895-45.html?highlight=law%20message%20board%20thermody namics) has apparently moved quietly towards encompassing the 2-pager (as opposed to the 4-pager, quite common as recently as 2005) in it's ability to become a thread-stealer. I blame it on the out-of-control feral cat population of Pattaya and of course, Global Warming. The Palestinian Problem is a secondary, yet powerful, cause.
Also why I prefer Hua Hin.

But, back to Bucky's fabulously refreshing natural narcissism and related sex-capades ... ( think I'm being harsh? Check this out: Bucknaway's Photo Album (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=259) )

http://my.photodump.com/sawatdee/narcissus.jpg

Cheers ...

bucknaway
October 13th, 2007, 09:46
The pleasure was all mine! i am so surprised that so many of the members here are able to spot me in a crowd. Thursday night in Bangkok I ran into a few members here and Friday
night in Pattaya I meet you. it is almost as if you can't swing a empty beer over your head without hitting a Sawatdee board member!

It is easy to tell with your outgoing personality that your a hell of a lot of fun to be around! In just a short moment you broke down my "Stand Back" facade I like to use in the bars to keep the hosts at a distance... And that is when the drinks and money begins to flow....

Anyway, I am looking forward to that drink!

And let me thank all of you for your kind words. Why anyone would go through the effort to click on my post and pretend that it created such a message board hardship for them and their cyber-life is beyond anything I can help them with. They could read the post and ignore it... move on... Click the back button and exit my thread. And then to HAUNT the thread and keep it active and alive as if it were a shrine to me????? Bad KITTY! BAD KITTY!

And about my gallery.. I have my own pictures up there because I don't want to put up pics of Thai guys who may have boyfriends here. I don't want to kick sand in their lube..... So I put up the pics I know it is safe to post... ME :)

Since the Kitty ruined this thread, I will start a new one and NO PETS ALLOWED! LOL

I ran in to Bucks tonight in Krazy Dragon. He is a really nice guy, is very good looking and a very fit dude. He was certainly a hit with the boys in KD and had five of them hovering around his table.

Anyone that thinks he is keeneow, don't believe it, I saw him tip all the boys that were at his table before he left the bar. Have a great vacation Bucks, it was a pleasure to have met you and I look forward to having a beer with you before you leave Pattaya.

George.

October 13th, 2007, 10:00
.... i am so surprised that so many of the members here are able to spot me in a crowd.

I'm biting my tounge. :geek:

kittyboy
October 13th, 2007, 11:02
Hey Bucky -

I hope you were not referring to me with your Bad Kitty reference. :) LOL

On the previous board you and I got into it a few times.... I posted under the name MJ_87 (I think that was my logon ID). On this one I agree with you... If people don't like your posts then they should move on and read something else. I can recommend a couple of good books for people who are lacking in good reading material. However, some of your posts do come across as a bit narcissistic. But hey who isnтАЩt a bit self-centered. Have fun on your trip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And let me thank all of you for your kind words. Why anyone would go through the effort to click on my post and pretend that it created such a message board hardship for them and their cyber-life is beyond anything I can help them with. They could read the post and ignore it... move on... Click the back button and exit my thread. And then to HAUNT the thread and keep it active and alive as if it were a shrine to me????? Bad KITTY! BAD KITTY!

And about my gallery.. I have my own pictures up there because I don't want to put up pics of Thai guys who may have boyfriends here. I don't want to kick sand in their lube..... So I put up the pics I know it is safe to post... ME :)

Since the Kitty ruined this thread, I will start a new one and NO PETS ALLOWED! LOL

bucknaway
October 13th, 2007, 12:20
LOL No, I was talking about Cata-grumpus-cat LOL
I like to write about things that happen to me here in Thailand. I thought most of you experienced some of the same things I did. I did not know I was being treated any different than any other visitor to Thailand. When I was in House of male in Chiang mai and I wrote about the guys in the dark room getting into a tug of war with me trying to pull me away from other hands I thought that was something that would happen to any visitor in the dark room.

When I wrote about almost being raped in Sparoma Sauna.... Well, I guess that is something that maybe not many would encounter, but how do I tell you about the event without others telling me that I am stuck on myself?

If a Taxi driver propositions me should I post about it? If a friend stops by with his friend and introduces him to me and then asks me if he can fuck me because his friend never fuck black guy before, do I tell you?

All I can do is tell you guys what I experience and forgive me for my poor writing skills.

In most of my past posts, I have toned down the encounters so that I would not have to deal with guys posting that it is impossible to have happened... Well I am just going to write what I know to be the truth and I am going to have to ignore the negative feedback... After all, I am on vacation... :)

Hey Bucky -

I hope you were not referring to me with your Bad Kitty reference. :) LOL

On the previous board you and I got into it a few times.... I posted under the name MJ_87 (I think that was my logon ID). On this one I agree with you... If people don't like your posts then they should move on and read something else. I can recommend a couple of good books for people who are lacking in good reading material. However, some of your posts do come across as a bit narcissistic. But hey who isnтАЩt a bit self-centered. Have fun on your trip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 14th, 2007, 10:41
....In most of my past posts, I have toned down the encounters so that I would not have to deal with guys posting that it is impossible to have happened... Well I am just going to write what I know to be the truth and I am going to have to ignore the negative feedback... After all, I am on vacation... :)

Fasten your seatbelts girls. Its gonna be a bumpy night! :cheers:

October 16th, 2007, 16:52
I'm still around India area (actually in China now having no trouble reaching SGT). I won't be back until after Nov. 15th now so I will miss you again :-(

Next time!