View Full Version : The new Gay Hotel location.

October 9th, 2007, 16:48
Dear Guys,

OUR PROPOSAL.[subject to planning and city hall]

The New Location will be Pratumnak Soi 5 for the New Gay Resort.

We have looked everywhere and decided this should be the right spot, it is in the middle between the Town and Jomtien and not too far from Sansuk, on arguably, one of the classiest areas of Pattaya

The Land, a substantial piece,[ over 1 rai] has been purchased, deposit placed and contracts signed, I will complete this on my return to Thailand.

We are proposing a five storey resort, height limited due to the building regulations for that area and close proximity to the Princess's house.

A substantial free form pool and gardens is on the table, as is a lift to all floors.

A hi class showbar with a substantial separate VIP non smoking area will be included, with views over the club and show areas through a glass wall.

We shall be contacting former showboys, as well as new ones, and I will be speaking to Choreographers in Thailand and the UK.

Internet facilities will be available, as will on site laundry facilities

Transport in the form of 6/8 seater tuk tuks [similar to the Hard Rock Cafe] will be on hand to transport guests to the nearby Bruno's, Steak Bao, Indian by Nature and various other fine dining establishments.

They will also be available to take guests to Boyztown, Jomtien, Sunnee etc.

There will be car parking facilities for the ex pat community who have vehicles or guests who choose to hire a vehicle.

It is envisaged to operate 35 rooms initially consisting of suites and executive rooms at a competitive price to other gay esablishments.

The showbar,[ I am in the UK at the minute with my former business partner, who is operating a number of highly successful showbars in Leeds and Manchester] will be a new experience for the gay scene of Pattaya hopefully.

Smiles
October 9th, 2007, 17:25
Is this wise? I thought you were having heart problems, and thus retired to the calm of Kalasin.

Cheers ...

October 9th, 2007, 18:08
... British. :flower:

Kevin, the location is well chosen.

It's time to get some prime gay accommodation outside of BoyZone.
And Jomtien Complex will face some alterations too; the pink baht worked by raising rentals and making the complex attractive to other businesses.

October 9th, 2007, 18:16
Wish you good luck and good fortune in your endeavour Kevin. Sounds an excellent idea and as you say is probably in the right location, especially with the transportation you are planning. Assume you will be providing a cafe for at least breakfast (a must in my opinion)?

Any idea yet of time frame for finalising the plans/build/opening ?

jinks
October 10th, 2007, 00:20
Reservation for December 2008 please.

Up2U
October 10th, 2007, 00:34
... British. :flower:

Kevin, the location is well chosen.

It's time to get some prime gay accommodation outside of BoyZone.
And Jomtien Complex will face some alterations too; the pink baht worked by raising rentals and making the complex attractive to other businesses.

I think the location is going to be a problem. It is in nowhere land for accessing gay nightlife. This is one of the reasons the old Icon failed and it was on a much smaller scale.

Marsilius
October 10th, 2007, 00:48
I think Up2U has got a point.

Many will recall the old Sky Bar above Mr Mac Hotel. It was a great gay bar when Ken G ran it - lots of fun and probably the best "atmosphere" I can recall in any bar. Apart from the climb upstairs (admittedly an off-putter), its main drawback was, as Up2U says, the location far away from other gay places. Would you make the journey there on the off-chance that you'd have a fun time? At least in Boyztown or Sunnee, if one place isn't fun you can just go next door to an adjacent one on the same soi and try again, without the need for another complete journey...

Sounds, therefore, like a good base for staying (if transport is provided as promised) but I wouldn't depend too much on casual visitors dropping by for the show.

jinks
October 10th, 2007, 01:30
{I edited out Ken's Surname... Please remember the names rule}

For me it was better, the Sky Bar that is, when Jim H ran it.
Below you can see the road, if you manage to get past the eyes :clown:

I loved the Icon too and its location.

http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai/pre96/images/skybar_jpg.jpg

krobbie
October 10th, 2007, 01:37
Kquill,
Well, I guess now I'm not keeping a secret any more. Here it is for all to see - a new kquill venture ... fanbloodytastic!

As you are aware, I am not Pattaya conversant as yet BUT this is exactly how I like my hotels. Away from the bar action but all the trappings I enjoy. Pool, (essential for me), accommodation which is up to date and kept in good order plus the shows.

As has been mentioned, breakfast / food obviously will be available at a restaurant on-site I'm sure. You wouldn't have left that out of your bag of tricks. In short it is a boutique resort. As soon as you're taking bookings I know you will post. I' will be there for opening, whenever that may be.

Don't put me right next door to Jinks though, as I have heard he snores. If I hear him at ClubOneSeven in Phuket, it may have to be on a separate floor altogether. LOL,

Congratulations and choc dee Kevin,
krobbie

jinks
October 10th, 2007, 01:41
Don't put me right next door to jinks though, as I have heard he snores.
If I hear him at Club One Seven in Phuket, it may have to be on a separate floor altogether. LOL,

krobbie

My my....you have heard right :clown:

My last GB boyfriend used the guest room for sleeping :bounce:

Thai boys are paid sufficiently to suffer it without comment :colors:

krobbie
October 10th, 2007, 01:44
jinks,
I live in New Zealand but on quiet nights I swear I can hear you from there.

Keith :blackeye:

{edited to a correct small j and there is no need to quote if answering the post above your answer.

Use quote to grab a bit from a post mid thread zzzzzz zzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzz }

October 10th, 2007, 02:48
Well about f-----g time kevin. i as well of a lot of the furlang have been feed up with Boyz town for a while.

Lets hope you can bring the sparkle that you had 2 - 3 years a go, was once the best in town?

Great location, will be there for the opening night.

October 10th, 2007, 05:17
.. I'm sure KQUILL has done his homework, I think he has, he has taken "his project" to new heights; I think he has done his research; and over the next few years, I don't think that there will be one specific gay area, remember Jomtien a few years back; similarly all the new developments going on, specifically Ocean building - there is going to be an awful lot of people in Pattaya over the next few years; the election taking place in December with an elected government.

I think the concept will far outweigh anything about how far the new place will be; and distance has already been taken care of with the tuk tuks, it looks as if KQUILL has thought of everything in this new place, and that is a way forward, that is what a lot of people want, he has taken on board that people want a big big swimming pool - I suspect the places that exist in Boyztown will take a lot of beating, but I don't need to tell anyone really that BT is in a great need of refurbishing.

bucknaway
October 10th, 2007, 05:43
If the hotel is able to get guys (Thai and Farang) to sit outside of their rooms and mingle and socialize than I think it will be a great success. Most guys want to go where the men are. If it is boring there..........

I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see what you create! :faroah:

Up2U
October 10th, 2007, 06:30
.. I'm sure KQUILL has done his homework, I think he has, he has taken "his project" to new heights; I think he has done his research; and over the next few years, I don't think that there will be one specific gay area, remember Jomtien a few years back; similarly all the new developments going on, specifically Ocean building - there is going to be an awful lot of people in Pattaya over the next few years; the election taking place in December with an elected government.

I think the concept will far outweigh anything about how far the new place will be; and distance has already been taken care of with the tuk tuks, it looks as if KQUILL has thought of everything in this new place, and that is a way forward, that is what a lot of people want, he has taken on board that people want a big big swimming pool - I suspect the places that exist in Boyztown will take a lot of beating, but I don't need to tell anyone really that BT is in a great need of refurbishing.

Don't get me wrong I want to share your optimism. The gay scene can always use creative thinking and new investments, and if in town I too will be there opening nite. But, some think if he builds it and does it right they will come. But will they come back time after time so the business is a great success. The tuk-tuk service is only to neighborhood restaurants. Where on Pratumnak Soi 5? At least the Icon was on the baht bus route. Yes, the Icon showbar had its time in the sun too (How did they do it for 100 baht?) but do we really need another showbar? All the tourists who attend the BT showbars will not be there (and that's a big plus). I was at Pattaya City Expats club last summer and the speaker showed maps of new entertainment zones he was making for the City Of Pattaya and Pratumnak Hill was definitely not included.

Not too many details yet and I wish KQuill the best but, I do have some concerns.

October 10th, 2007, 09:19
Choc Dee Kevin. I am sure it will be a great success.

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/beerchug.gif

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 10th, 2007, 10:55
and by the time you have built your hotel it will be even better. Like the idea of the special baht buses.

A show-bar---fantastic. Can never beat good old show bars.

free form pool ?..what's that..my body's pretty freely formed so I guess I'll be allowed in.

PeterUK
October 10th, 2007, 14:33
Good luck, Kevin, but I felt a little tremor of anxiety when I read that bit about the 'close proximity to the Princess's house'. Are you sure that is not going to cramp your style? A few words from someone in that household that they didn't want a gay business on their doorstep and no amount of correctly-obtained legal documents would probably save you.

October 10th, 2007, 15:12
I too wish you luck Kevin, but I would still look into why the Icon both in Pattaya (with separate show bar) and in Phuket both struggled to survive. If it's just a 'hobby' then OK but as a business I'm not sure it would sell after the first initial interest as so many similar establishments in Pattaya have found much to their costs.

Whatever again you have my best wishes.

October 10th, 2007, 17:56
Dear Guys,

Thank you for some of your positive responses.

Also, there is definitely going to be a coffee Shop/Bistro bar area. Furthermore, each room will have a balcony.

I understand some peoples reservations, but Pattaya is definitely changing, and as Pattaya expands I think the gay areas will definitely be spread out further afield.

You only have to look at Body Language in South Pattaya, [off the beaten track] X ray in North Pattaya, and various other establishmrnts.

Sow wise, I disagree there is enough, there may be enough, but of what Standard and quality?? Many seem to be using old ideas of many years ago and no updates.

Certain premises have fallen behind with standards and ideas, as if that is what is on offer , with a Take it or leave it attitude.

Proof will be in the eating of the pudding, as they say.

Smiles, I have no heart problems at all, I don't understand how you arrived at that conclusion??

Anyway, I hope you keep the ideas running, as I think we can cope with the challenge.

The project, I believe, will take approximately 10 months, but I will be setting deadlines with my design people and contractors, they have not let me down up to press.

Finally, Icon, times have changed a lot since then, however, I seemed to recall they spent an awful lot of time in Boyztown and their pricing seemed a bit wrong, [ only my opinion]

Also, many people want their privacy and not to be gawped at by all walking into their Hotel or receiving comments from other Guests and also, many of the boys are more comfortable outside this "in your face all the time" environment

Brad the Impala
October 10th, 2007, 18:14
Sow wise, I disagree there is enough, there may be enough, but of what Standard and quality?? Many seem to be using old ideas of many years ago and no updates.

I disagree. I think that there are far too many sows in pattaya, and sometimes it seems that most of them post on this board!

October 10th, 2007, 19:07
KQUILL - 10 months to complete this project, that's quick isn't it - does that mean you will be open for business in about 10 months' time?

Up2U
October 10th, 2007, 21:54
Dear Guys,

I understand some peoples reservations, but Pattaya is definitely changing, and as Pattaya expands I think the gay areas will definitely be spread out further afield.

You only have to look at Body Language in South Pattaya, [off the beaten track] X ray in North Pattaya, and various other establishmrnts.

You have given this a lot of thought. How have you addressed the zoning issue? Neigbhors in this nicer area may be not appreciate having a showbar in the neighborhood.

Where in south Pattaya is Body Language? My bf goes to X-ray but this is not a haven for older farangs and not exclusively gay.

October 10th, 2007, 21:58
Dear Guys,

You have given this a lot of thought. How have you addressed the zoning issue? Neigbhors in this nicer area may be not appreciate having a showbar in the neighborhood.

Where in south Pattaya is Body Language? My bf goes to X-ray but this is not a haven for older farangs and not exclusively gay.

KQUILL

Put Up2U's mind at rest - is there a problem with the entertainment zone??

October 11th, 2007, 15:28
KQUILL

Put Up2U's mind at rest - is there a problem with the entertainment zone??

No,

There is no problem with this issue of zoning.

Anyway, the bar areas would be insulated not only for the [noise ] benefit of neighbours but also for Hotel Guests.

Body Language is not particularly for the Farang older crowd, as the music can be loud but it is a gay venue with Coyote style dancing as it located near the TT &T in Soi Yensabai area. It is located further on from TT& T on the left hand side.

They also do shows, A late night venue!

jolyjacktar
October 12th, 2007, 01:19
Kevin well done mate. Its about time somone came up with a new good hotel. Im fed up with these places that charge top dollar and dont update the places with the times. I would love to know if the rooms with balconies will have sea views?

October 12th, 2007, 13:29
Understandably, I am a total Newbie with no qualification to offer comment.
However, with the help of a few Gin and Tonic, I offer this, knowing the critics will cut me down.

As a Newbie, I will stay fewer days if needed (and pay more per day) and have a better quality of experience.
IE: The outside deck or lanai for each unit is worth a lot more to me. A whole lot more.
A Green Belt, for early morning coffee or late evening drinks (without nonstop ashpalt and concrete) is worth more bucks. This can be like the many courtyards found in Hawaii upper scale hotels that guests can wonder into and feel some form of privacy yet be only feet away from others.
A pool does not need to be big.......but Free-form is a YES. And even if a shallow but long pool like the old Hawaii gay bars...YES.
I like multiple Jacuzzi pools of one type or another. Can be relatively inexpensive compared to a big pool yet give a guy and his new found friend time to be in a secluded pool by themselves to make magic happen. Or, a couple of guys and their boys can mix and make magic.
Good music played in the background and the stage is set.

Consider setting aside some square footage for a Sauna like in Brazil where boys are there to take care of every need for a price.

Whether I can afford Kquill's price, I will find a way, and I will be there. Get the damn thing built and we will come.

And finally, I would hope Kquill can provide Boy Masseurs on site. How about allowing working boys that are somewhat screened for security reasons to come into the grounds for whatever fancy they can attract. I would love the ability to find a boy easily around the pool and pay the price. Legitimate masseur yes, but less so also yes. I am horny and near desperate at times. And time is precious.

So, I know nothing. But, my few days in the Tanatawan in BKK and Ambience in Paytaya told me it would be worth paying much more for green landscaped courtyards rather than the concrete and asphalt. And any size pool, oh yes...but jacuzzi is a must even if pool must go.

I will check in when it opens and may be a retuning regular until the day I die.

Do It Kquill.............I congratulate you!!!

Make it happen Kquill............... I am ready.

October 12th, 2007, 16:59
Hi,

We are in green belt area and the place has some very nice high quality houses around and is in a peaceful and tranquil setting, not like the extraordinary amount of drilling etc going on in South Pattaya with monster projects underway, we will be making some noise, however, only in recognized legal working hours, not at 7/8/9pm at night!

There will be masseurs and pool boys employed in and around the gardens. I can't really see a problem with a large Jacuzzi in the gardens.!!

I think it will give people a choice, so those who dislike sand and the constant barrage of hawker vendors will be happy.

Answering another point, there are trees at the moment facing the new site, therefore blocking part of the view, so seaviews will be on the upper floors.

One great thing is specifically why we choose this location, there can be no high rise developments.

Indeed at the bottom of the Soi is a beautiful unspoilt beach.

The tuk tuks will be on hand to transport guests to ALL main shopping and Gay areas.

We will be pulling the stops out on this and members of the board will be pleasantly surprised by the competitiveness in pricing and standards with ourselves and other gay establishments.

We will be keeping you updated as to progress.

Thank you all,

jinks
October 12th, 2007, 18:03
Kevin, don't forget I asked for a booking first.
{do I get a concessionary price?}

Do you still have the BMW or even a new one for transfers ?

October 13th, 2007, 15:19
Kevin, don't forget I asked for a booking first.
{do I get a concessionary price?}

Do you still have the BMW or even a new one for transfers ?

Hi Jinks,

We have a seven seater new Toyota Fortuner but I have no doubt I will have to update and probably take in one or two more cars for transportation.

Jinks, I haven't even got the project underway yet,give me a chance to get back, I want to get going too!!!

All the best,

Kevin.

October 13th, 2007, 18:33
I think you would no doubt have thought of this one Kevin, if not, a limo or van to pick up arriving guests at the airport and likewise a return service for departing guests at a reasonable cost always goes down well especially with the older and not so seasoned travelers.

October 13th, 2007, 18:42
Hi sanook,

Yes, it goes without saying. A good form of transport is a "must have."

We have given a lot of thought to this, and taken on board as many ideas from the Board members, as is practical.

Cheers,

October 17th, 2007, 07:34
KQUILL - how much this is going to cost for building this including the land, as a matter of interest? I'm not asking where the money is coming from, that's not my business, but just wondered how much something of this magnitude would cost.

October 20th, 2007, 15:28
KQUILL - how much this is going to cost for building this including the land, as a matter of interest? I'm not asking where the money is coming from, that's not my business, but just wondered how much something of this magnitude would cost.

Dear Whitedesire,

If you have to ask the price, you can't afford to buy it from me!

As my old Mam says, "Money in fair words!"

All the best,

Kevin.

PS The money is coming from me!

October 20th, 2007, 21:35

KQUILL: That's where your wrong mate - however, not my style.

Just wondered actually how much, but I read actually "somewhere" where they were constructing a building for a cost of 21 million bht in 3 rai of land - so that gives me an idea.

October 20th, 2007, 23:11

KQUILL: That's where your wrong mate - however, not my style.

Just wondered actually how much, but I read actually "somewhere" where they were constructing a building for a cost of 21 million bht in 3 rai of land - so that gives me an idea.

I would be very interested to learn, with you not knowing that is, entirely what Kevin's project consists of, how the above knowledge can give you any idea whatsoever, of what his final cost will be.

G.

October 21st, 2007, 05:55
I haven't got a clue what his final cost would be, never said I did know either. I think it is fairly clear from this thread what the new hotel will be like also.

krobbie
October 21st, 2007, 11:51
I guess this whole thing has got us all talking and speculating.

That kquill knows his onions. That's just what he's after. Whet all our appetites and continue a blow by blow on the building dramas and we'll all be crawling over broken glass for opening night invitations ... because by then it will be "INVITE ONLY". Cagey bugger!

I said it here first folks, so I want second dibs after jinks.

Incidentally, how come Kevin can get away with a capital J and you chastise me for same jinks? Perhaps I need to open an hotel?

I shant't make the mistake again though.

Kevin, I believe there will also be a tabacconist onsite for large carton amounts? I could, of course, be wrong?? :vis:

BTW, I want the T shirt concession when the name is announced. I'm not a graphic designer for nothing.

Cheers
krobbie

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 21st, 2007, 13:51
perhaps kquill could do similar to the eccentric Penthouse Hotel

http://www.penthousehotel.com/index_1.html

...and send a limo with 2 (male) kittens and a bottle of champagne !

May as well get the sleaze factor going upon arrival !

In fact they have some good ideas including a live link up via your room TV to the Kitten Club downstairs..where one can simply phone up and order a certain numbered kitten to visit your room !...surely a BoyzTown go-go club would love to be involved.

This may enduce The Colonel-now suffering from severe gout, to finally visit Pattaya.

October 22nd, 2007, 15:48
Hi,

The excitement is..................Building!

October 22nd, 2007, 16:17
Whitedesire,

No need to get sensitive, I was playing with you.

Anyways, the project has had a lot of changes implemented from the original design, some by myself, and some taking into account members of this boards opinions.

So therefore, on my return to Las Pattaya, I have a lot more meetings with the design team, Architects and Lawyers to see where we are up to, maintain budgets as far as possible with costs of development etc.

These projects can easily run away unless tightly controlled, with a Lawyer, penalty clauses, payment terms and so forth.

October 22nd, 2007, 18:56
... you hit the nail on the head, I do get narky quite easy. Catch u later.