PDA

View Full Version : High Season Cometh....

Smiles
October 9th, 2007, 08:32
Most heartening that you did not turn "High Season Cometh ... " into the semenal ('over-blow-en?') Gay Cliche: "High Season Cumeth ... ".

Another reason to thank christ for Canadians. Rainwalker maketh moi proud.

Cheers ...

Bob
October 9th, 2007, 08:57
By reverse definition, I guess they call it low season because I'm here now? Oh well, I seek the level to which I cannot attain...

I thought I saw a few of my northern neighbors arrive the other day when I went through the new airport. Arrived on a plane with wings that looked like mosquito swatters (but the pilot's red-laced swampers were quite stunning).

Think I've been here (Chiangmai) during the last 3 Octobers and it seems like each year finds fewer and fewer tourists around. Not like it used to be. They're taking down the nightmarket stands at 10:30 at night and the night market bars are, at best, a bit sparse. But there's always the good side - they appreciate to see you even more.

Anyway, I shall ponder the Canadian Rockies while getting a massage this morning.....

October 9th, 2007, 11:42
Mssr. Rainwalker -

A votre bon sante.

Bloc Quebecois (parti politique sourveraniste)

October 9th, 2007, 11:50
High season for the Soi Twilight bars are already here these 2 weeks. Due to the Chinese national holidays, they were packed over the 30 Sept weekend with visitors from Hong Kong and China. Even the small midnight shows saw capacity crowds. Then in the course of this week, they should be full of Taiwanese, today (Oct 10) being the their national holiday. This Saturday, Oct 13, is Eid in Malaysia and Singapore, and flocks of (non-Muslim) ethnic Chinese from these 2 countries should be descending on Bangkok.

October 9th, 2007, 11:56
I have of course yet to experience the High Season, even though i doubt very much it will affect me at all. but from what i have been told it aint what it used to be.

-- TC

Aunty
October 9th, 2007, 12:50
I have of course yet to experience the High Season, even though i doubt very much it will affect me at all. but from what i have been told it aint what it used to be.

-- TC

That's a good point. Is the high season now as busy as it used to be? Tourism to Thailand is down generally. Is this also reflected in the number of gay visitors to Thailand over the high season months of Oct/Nov - March/April?
What's the take of the expat community in Pattaya on this?

Shuee
October 11th, 2007, 01:31
would you assume the weather is as it should be for this time of year, its been rather bleak here for about a week now, warm but not much sun,

well you can tell the chinese to behave of there coming here on mass, as wen in large groups there so damn rude, i remember when i got caught up in a sworm of them coming out of stiff fannys= tiffanys, i got pushed around like a peace of garbage! :bounce:

TrongpaiExpat
October 11th, 2007, 15:22
well you can tell the chinese to behave of there coming here on mass, as wen in large groups there so damn rude, i remember when i got caught up in a sworm of them coming out of stiff fannys= tiffanys, i got pushed around like a peace of garbage! :bounce:

They might be Taiwanese. They have invaded Bangkok this week, some sort of National Holiday there and they have taken to the air. Some of the Bangkok bars are 90% Asian customers now and they are spending money. One bar I was in a few nights ago they off'ed all but a few lonely boys left on the stage.

October 11th, 2007, 15:47

-- TC

That's a good point. Is the high season now as busy as it used to be? Tourism to Thailand is down generally. Is this also reflected in the number of gay visitors to Thailand over the high season months of Oct/Nov - March/April?
What's the take of the expat community in Pattaya on this?

Dear Aunty,

They have just had one of the worst seasons on record in the gay areas of Pattaya.

krobbie
October 11th, 2007, 16:39
Same same for Phuket. I phoned my friend who works at a bar there and he said it has been dismal since May.

The boys will start to arrive back over the next few weeks to start the high season. For him it's been hand to mouth (no pun intended).

krobbie

atri1666
October 11th, 2007, 20:58
Stayed 3 times already in thailand this year in january-february and april and couldnt see any high season. Just curious about te next 2 times in november and december.

October 12th, 2007, 00:58
This reminds me - I was a little surprised last week when I was in Bkk, that the usual hotel I stay in dropped the price without my asking.

I already get perhaps the best price they offer, being a regular customer. At the cusp of the high season, they suddenly reduced the price even more... which struck me as odd. But then, I wasn't about to complain.

TrongpaiExpat
October 12th, 2007, 01:17
This reminds me - I was a little surprised last week when I was in Bkk, that the usual hotel I stay in dropped the price without my asking.

It would be nice if you name the hotel.

Brad the Impala
October 12th, 2007, 01:51
Dear Aunty,

They have just had one of the worst seasons on record in the gay areas of Pattaya.

It doesn't sound like that makes next year a good time to be opening an additional gay hotel.

krobbie
October 12th, 2007, 02:07
Bard,
I think kquill has already thought of the low season problems. The first thing to keep in mind is pricing and quality. At 35 rooms / suites all with balconies, it's not a huge hotel. It shouldn't be too difficult to keep 65% occupancy over the wet season. It will depend on the package but lets face it. Kevin knows his onions!

Cheers
krobbie

Brad the Impala
October 12th, 2007, 02:18
Bard,
I think kquill has already thought of the low season problems. The first thing to keep in mind is pricing and quality. At 35 rooms / suites all with balconies, it's not a huge hotel. It shouldn't be too difficult to keep 65% occupancy over the wet season. It will depend on the package but lets face it. Kevin knows his onions!

Cheers
krobbie

Read again Krobbie! Kevin was responding to a question about High Season, when he said "They have just had one of the worst seasons on record in the gay areas of Pattaya."

October 12th, 2007, 13:45
Quality never looses value.

krobbie
October 12th, 2007, 14:49
Read again Krobbie! Kevin was responding to a question about High Season, when he said "They have just had one of the worst seasons on record in the gay areas of Pattaya."[/quote]

Brad, you'll be feeling particularly good having bought attention to my misunderstanding of the question at hand.

I really did think that kquills referal to "worst seasons on record" being this last wet season. However on rereading I find you to be quite right and that the question from Aunty was in regards the High Season as was kquills reply.

I shall make sure I reread the questions before I submit for fear of another Brad reprisal.

:director:

krobbie

Brad the Impala
October 12th, 2007, 16:09
Brad, you'll be feeling particularly good having bought attention to my misunderstanding of the question at hand.

Not feeling good at all, and I apologise if it came across that way. Merely trying, in a playful way, to point out that you appeared to have misunderstood what Kevin, as it appeared to me, was saying. Sorry if it came across as more agressive than that.

October 12th, 2007, 16:44
Dear Aunty,

It doesn't sound like that makes next year a good time to be opening an additional gay hotel.

Dear Brad,

Never mind if I lose the money. You never agree on anything I do anyway!

Brad the Impala
October 12th, 2007, 17:27
Dear Aunty,

Dear Brad,

Never mind if I lose the money. You never agree on anything I do anyway!

Not true!! I sincerely think it sounds an interesting project, and hope that it works out financially and is of great benefit for it's customers. Merely pointing out that it seemed a strange time to be coming out of retirement to do this, when you were also telling us that this is the worst year ever for gay businesses in Pattaya.

October 13th, 2007, 15:33
Hi Brad,

Yes, it has been a terrible season but I think many of the reasons are military coups, global problems with interst rates and other issues.

I believe it is a glitch that will be overcome however.

I have now had five tests including a PET scan and all results are clear, I pulled out of Boyztown due to these worries and the operation.

The Doctors have given me the all clear and said physical exercise and work is good for me. I am bored having been active all my life workwise, I am only 45 years old, I do not relish another possibly 25 years [ if I am lucky] doing nothing.

Besides, I get stopped on average at least three to four times a day, when I am in Pattaya, by ex staff asking when we are going to open as they miss what we did.

We also had a good team of showboys who want to go with us, as well as new ones.

I have nearly finished House number three in Kalasin and the warehouse and stores to ensure Tam's family are self sufficient and can support themselves, so I hopefully have something for later on.

All the best,

Kevin.