PDA

View Full Version : Are there any late night haunts in Bkk worth going to?

blazer
October 8th, 2007, 15:57
Will be arriving in Bkk late Wednesday night, staying for a few days before going on to Pattaya for 2 weeks. Arriving about 12 midnight. Probably in hotel around 1:30 AM Thursday.

I get sleep on the plane so always want to do something after arriving.

First time in Bkk a few years ago, stayed at the Pinnacle, asked the taxi outside to take me to a Surawong Road bar which I had read about, but after driving around about 10 minutes, said he could not find it, then took me to a bar where I was the only customer they told me the off fee was 2500 baht. It was the only bar in that area as far as I could tell and had no idea where I was. I said no way, then he took me to a bar inside a parking garage in a residential area some distance away. It was inside an unmarked door. Had absolutely no idea where I was. Many dancers there, very interesting, and I was the only customer.

But being a bit nervous at that point, since I had no idea where I was and the first time there, I quickly paid for the drink and said take me back to the hotel immediately. Instead, he suddenly remembered where Duangthawee Plaza was, and took me there. Needless to say, that is not going to happen again.

This time will be staying at the Unico Grande Sathorn. Would be nice to find a club or show late at night. Am not familiar with the current club closing times. Or would be better to just wait until the next evening?

October 8th, 2007, 16:58
Here you are ..

www.dreadedned.com/directory/index/1 (http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/index/1)

Enjoy your stay.

puckered_penguin
October 8th, 2007, 20:34
Will be arriving in Bkk late Wednesday night, staying for a few days before going on to Pattaya for 2 weeks. Arriving about 12 midnight. Probably in hotel around 1:30 AM Thursday.

I get sleep on the plane so always want to do something after arriving.

This time will be staying at the Unico Grande Sathorn. Would be nice to find a club or show late at night. Am not familiar with the current club closing times. Or would be better to just wait until the next evening?

If you are ''young enough'' take a 100 baht taxi ride to Ratchada Soi 8 where there are several gay clubs open 'til late including Zeed, G-Club and Hollywood. They have shows, few farangs but are packed with hormonal Thai gays

Smiles
October 8th, 2007, 20:55
Thanks for the very specific directions to an area which is rarely mentioned on the Board Mr Penguin. There are often vague suggestions of places to go after-hours in Bangkok but the important and specific details ~ i.e. soi names/numbers, farang-friendly (or not) ~ are not often mentioned.
With the beloved in tow, I think a late night Bangkok cruise session into unknown territory might be fun.

Appreciated & cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
October 8th, 2007, 21:23
The soi Twilight bars are closing at 1 or 1:30. Last shows around midnight.
You can walk over to the soi 6 area and there's a few small discos that open late as well as the area sleaze bars are sometimes open.

Not sure about Screw Boys. They were doing after hours, might depend on if they have customers or not. Screw boys has been moving around but they are back to the orginal location, Patpong 2.

G.O.D. is open late and gets busy after DJ closes.

Yes, by all means get a map and get oriented as not to be taken for a ride by a taxi driver.

Street boys work the road around Sanum Luang. If you got the nerve most taxi drivers will do a drive-by with a pick-up stop.

Ratchada, may not be your thing. G-star is full of gay boys, it's behind Hollywood. Subway stop Thailand Cultural Center. Most Taxi drivers know Hollywood. Sometimes it seems that half the taxis in Bangkok are on that street. To get to G-Star walk down the street for Hollywood and take a right at the road just before the big Hollywood disco.

Hollywood, G-star and the Door want to see your passport(not a copy) and ever since the bomb last year they make no exceptions.

A taxi from the Pinnacle to Hollywood is about 80B. Cross the foot bridge at Rama 4 and catch a taxi going in that direction.

Farose and Farose II sauna is open late. Map on Dreaded Ned.

If your interested in the gay places that are not on the usual farang web sites and maps, pick up a copy of MAX magazine and there's lost of ads and maps. May not appeal to everyone and it might help if you either speak Thai or have a BF but even if you don't you and your wallet are most welcome.

Bangkok is a working town and there's more late night options on weekends. Also, closing hours are not consistant in many places.

dab69
October 9th, 2007, 08:11
late night activities there make sleeping in on hot Bangkok afternoons
lots easier, and you can use "jet lag" as an excuse to stay up WAY late.

just wish I could actually sleep on a damn plane though
on the way over/back

blazer
October 9th, 2007, 11:16
Great information. Have the maps to the regular places but this info really helps for the late night. Great specifics pengiun and Tronpai.
Information on exact location and passport appreciated. Now I have something to do after arriving!!

sjaak327
October 9th, 2007, 13:18
Another option would be Welcome club, on Sukhumvit Soi 71, open till 6am. Many gays, some ladyboys, farangs welcome (at least I was :) )

It's on the right side, very close to Klong Tan instersection, opposite Pridi soi 43.

October 9th, 2007, 13:49

If you are arriving at the hotel at that time remember that it will take 30 minutes or so for you to settle into your room and unpack. Maybe take a shower after the journey?
For the first night I suggest you stay in the the Silom/Surawong area. You have a few choices:
1. Soi Twilight (Duwangthawee Plaza) on Surawong where most of the gogo bars are has 2 late opening beer bars at the entrance where some boys hang about after their bars close. One is Banana Bar and the other is outside Hotmale.
2. If those don't appeal then walk up to Rama 4 road and turn right towards Silom (Robinson's Corner). There are lots of boys hanging around outside the Pan Pacific Hotel area round to Burger King on Silom (by DJ Station).
3. DJ Station closes around 2.30am and then the crowd goes to GOD disco (where Freemans used to be in Soi 2/1). It's in a dark little alleyway next to Noodie Restaurant but just follow the crowd. Entrance is 280 Baht and includes 2 drinks. If you are looking for someone to take back to the hotel for the night then that's the place to find him after 3.00am.
The other areas mentioned by TrongpaiExpat are interesting but mainly Thai for Thai and you may not find what you are looking for.

TrongpaiExpat
October 9th, 2007, 18:39
There have been reports of scams and thefts by boys hanging around the intersection at Rama 4 and Silom.

What's your source and what are the details of the scams?

October 9th, 2007, 19:11
Robinson's corner, I wouldn't pick anyone up there, its not safe - there are loads of places to pick people up genuinely in Bkk without doing the parks and street corners.