PDA

View Full Version : and now the Kiwis (or the French)

October 6th, 2007, 22:18
Rugby World Cup.

Against ALL the odds

England 12 Australia 10

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

October 7th, 2007, 14:48
:cheers: :cheers:

Aunty
October 7th, 2007, 17:31
VIVA LA FRANCE!!!! :cheers:

I hope it's a France, England final, with France winning. It will be good for the game. But I am predicting a South Africa, England final with South Africa winning. (Although John Kirwan is picking an Argentina, South Africa final).

Sadly I don't think the French have two more outstanding games left in them - but who knows. Look at how they were written off in the Soccer world cup a few years back, and they went on to win that. You can't underestimate the home advantage, or the Frogs ability to dig deep and rise to the occasion when they need to, especially when playing in Stadium France in Paris.

Why did the All Blacks loose? Easy. Too much brawn and not enough brain.

October 7th, 2007, 19:12
VIVA LA FRANCE!!!! :cheers:

I hope it's a France, England final, with France winning. .

Miracles do happen - but not this time as England play France in the semi final next Saturday.
England are still the world champions, but for how much longer?

I do feel that England stand a better chance getting to the final playing against the French than they would have had playing against the All Blacks.

C'mon the lads :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

October 9th, 2007, 18:44
Overheard in the pub:-

Q. - Whats the difference between the All Blacks and Wallabies and a tea bag?

A. - A tea bag stays in the cup longer!

55555 :geek:

October 14th, 2007, 06:14
England beat the French in Paris to reach the final of the World Cup.

England 14 France 9.
Not a brilliant game of rugby union but a very tough hard fought match.

They will play either South Africa or Argentina who play on Sunday in the 2nd semi final.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

October 21st, 2007, 02:46
South Africa 9 England 3

October 21st, 2007, 03:19
Robbed.

October 21st, 2007, 03:46
South Africa win the World Cup.
15 points to 6

Not a great game but very physical.

Still not bad from the no hopers - England

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

October 21st, 2007, 16:25
Robbed.
Spot on. Robbed by a bitter and biased Aussie video referee (Stuart Dickinson) getting revenge for England earlier dumping Australia out of the tournament. That decision could have changed the course of the match. Dickinson would be well advised to stay clear of British shores for the rest of his life !

Having said all that, South Africa were by far the best team in the tournament and on balance deserved to win the cup.

Aunty
October 22nd, 2007, 15:30
But I am predicting a South Africa, England final with South Africa winning.

Is there no end to my genius? :idea:

Historically it was the Springbok and not the over-hyped All Blacks that was the world's best rugby team. Quite frankly I don't think much has changed.