PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Bears for Pattaya orphans for Xmas

lonelywombat
October 6th, 2007, 19:04
When Ian McKnight was alive and day manager of Cafe Royale, I used to leave a donation for a Teddy Bear

I asked Stewart of Two Guys [Montys old B&B] if I could leave a donation with him, if this still exists

I know this was co ordinated in Boyztown , but who now is admin it I am not sure

Please reply with a copy to Stewart

Personally I do not like giving cash to any charity

October 6th, 2007, 19:15
When Ian McKnight was alive and day manager of Cafe Royale, I used to leave a donation for a Teddy Bear

I remember that this used to be coordinated by Throb/Splash when Kevin was in charge ?

I too would like to know if and when this year's donation of teddys bears/other toys for the orphanage is to take place ???

Perhaps Kevin has some knowledge of this year's arrangements ?

gearguy
October 7th, 2007, 01:56
I am coming to Thailand in a few weeks and can bring a Build-A-Bear with me for a donation.
Please let me know if this is still operating.

www.buildabear.com (http://www.buildabear.com)

October 8th, 2007, 10:22
The annual Teddy Bear appeal has traditionally been centred on Boyztown.

Talking to David at Oscars - this year will be no different.

David says that an announcement will be made this week launching the Teddy Bear appeal for 2007.

As soon as details known they will be published.

Meantime, it is certain that Oscars will accept your Teddy Bear donation.

UncleSam
October 8th, 2007, 10:51
"Personally I do not like giving cash to any charity"

You just prefer to spend less than five bucks on a toy, pretending you're Bill Gates playing Santa Claus.

Hehehe.....

lonelywombat
October 8th, 2007, 11:26

You just prefer to spend less than five bucks on a toy, pretending you're Bill Gates playing Santa Claus.

Hehehe.....

No when I became aware of what percentage was deducted for admin expenses, and for higher areas of the

various churches, I made up my mind to buy gifts or purchase items that could be used, like clothing

Several weeks ago an international organization that collects funds for kids overseas knocked on my door.

I was shocked to find the "donation process" was a huge pyramid with sales leaders at several levels.

My "charity worker" was training his third recruit and hoped to get a full team within another 3 months.

I estimated my first 8 months went to the sales people and then the orginization got their share.

But Uncle Sam I will match whatever you donate. Is that a deal. Hehehe

October 8th, 2007, 15:27
Guys,

It was NEVER done by Boyztown, it was co ordinated by myself and Mark, and was a Throb/Splash event with assistance from the Balcony in Bangkok in the second year onwards.

I also donated Rice, toiletries, various foods and asked the Orphanages what they were in need of, which I paid for myself.

The Showboys also provided shows etc for the entertainment in Rayong and Jing Jai Orphanage.

The first one that was done was for Pattaya Orphanage, however, I quickly realised Pattaya Orphanage was independently wealthy and we chose further afield to some of the poorer orphanages as listed above.

The Teddy Bears went down well but it was a bit of a leader to draw publicity to the wider needs of the Orphanges and I got a great deal of satisfaction doing it.

Also, the generosity and kind spirit of some of you guys on the board and the local ex-pat community was fantastic.

UncleSam
October 9th, 2007, 11:58
Guys,
It was NEVER done by Boyztown, it was co ordinated by myself and Mark, and was a Throb/Splash event ...
I remember seeing all those teddy bears lined up in the bar, soaking up all that cigarette smoke, looking like Pattaya's version of "Boys and Toys R US."

...The Showboys also provided shows etc for the entertainment in Rayong and Jing Jai Orphanage.
I hope you left the hot wax and soapy shower acts back at the big fish tank.

hehehe.....

PS: I contribute money I can afford to charity in private.

andrewcraig
October 9th, 2007, 12:38

hehehe.....

PS: I contribute money I can afford to charity in private..

Seems like you Uncle Sam are prepared to have a cheap shot at someone else, then clam up when challenged
Looks more it is you pretending you are Bill Gates playing Santa Claus. Me thinks an apology would be in order

October 9th, 2007, 16:17
Guys,
It was NEVER done by Boyztown, it was co ordinated by myself and Mark, and was a Throb/Splash event ...
I remember seeing all those teddy bears lined up in the bar, soaking up all that cigarette smoke, looking like Pattaya's version of "Boys and Toys R US."

...The Showboys also provided shows etc for the entertainment in Rayong and Jing Jai Orphanage.
I hope you left the hot wax and soapy shower acts back at the big fish tank.

hehehe.....

PS: I contribute money I can afford to charity in private.

The Teddy bears soaked up nothing, had you taken the time to look, they were all in plastic bags!

UncleSam
October 9th, 2007, 18:39
Me thinks an apology would be in order
Whoever Me is, tell him that I'm not sure who or what it is that I'm supposed to be apologizing to or for. I remembered that the Teddy bears had plastic wrappers; I thought displaying them in a smokey bordello was bad taste regardless of what they were wearing.

Is it the guy who says he won't give to charity unless I do, or the guy who says he gives lots - and makes sure we all know about it.

I keep my gifts to charity private. If Me thinks that something to apologize for, then Me and me disagree.

hehehe......

October 10th, 2007, 16:35
The PG weekly report for 9th October has information on this year's Teddy Bear appeal which is being coordinated by Oscars and Panorama pub in Boyztown, The Balcony pub in Bangkok, and Thais4Life Bookshop in Soi Yensabai.

andrewcraig
October 10th, 2007, 19:16

Hehehe.....

This was your nasty petty comment on someone who made a genuine offer. Your cheap shot shows you
up to be a nasty cheap charlie, who donates nothing but has sarcastic comments about all that are generous.
Go back to where people go to die---baht-stop--- where you are a legend in your own mind.

andrewcraig
October 10th, 2007, 19:16

Hehehe.....

This was your nasty petty comment on someone who made a genuine offer. Your cheap shot shows you
up to be a nasty cheap charlie, who donates nothing but has sarcastic comments about all that are generous.
Go back to where people go to die---baht-stop--- where you are a legend in your own mind.