PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya or Bangkok?

October 6th, 2007, 10:21
deleted

October 6th, 2007, 10:31
I have been visiting Thailand sporadically since 1998 for very short period of time on each trip ( 3 to 5 days). I have not been to Thailand since the new airport is opened. I am going to Asia on business next week for 6 weeks and I would like to stop over in Thailand. The best I can do is arriving on a Thursday night at 22:30 and leave on the Sunday in the afternoon.

Where should I go if I want to just relax and meet a few young Thai men during my three nights in LOS? Pattaya or Bangkok? If I decide to go to Pattaya and my plane lands at 22:30, at what time will I arrive in Pattaya? Note that I will not have any luggage to retrieve. Similarly, at what time will I arrive in Patpong area if I decide to go to Bangkok?

Thanks for any advice.

About one hour from airport to Patpong or two hours to Pattaya. Due to the short amount of time it might be not worth travelling to Pattaya and back. Book yourself into the Tarntawan Place Hotel at Suriwong Road and you are very close to everywhere interesting regarding nightlife or shopping. At the gay friendly hotel they will inform you where to go if you like.

Hmmm
October 6th, 2007, 13:36
A number of international flights arrive around 22:30 every night. Immigration seems to be the main bottleneck at that time of night. It's taken me around 30 minutes in the queue on several occasions. Try to get off the plane quickly and then walk v quickly to get there ASAP. Even then it's taken me an hour to get out of the airport sometimes.

If immigration is packed, there is apparently more than one ramped walkway up to immigration further along the concourse. It's not like the old airport where you could easily see which areas were less busy, but had to keep to the right terminal. I didn't know the other entrances to immigration existed until recently because I always arrive at immigration from the same direction. But they have been reported here. They aren't really shown clearly on any maps I've seen like this one ...
http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/85

If you are meeting someone, agree to use exit C and then turn left, otherwise your chances of finding them in the melee are a lottery.