PDA

View Full Version : Just days away from Thailand

bucknaway
October 6th, 2007, 07:43
Thursday I will be landing in Bangkok for a day, then I go to Pattaya at the Room-club next to Tui's.

I am looking forward to the plane ride and hoping I will have a place for my laptop power supply. But the excitement of going is not there. I have been talking to some guys I know I will enjoy meeting.. I am staying at some very nice places and I even upped my spending money by $1,000 usd this year...

Do you guys get excited about your trip or do you take the trip and treat it the same as you would a local trip in your home country?

bing
October 6th, 2007, 08:15
Oh my, I'm the variety of romantic that gets so excited about the trip. I take the whole thing in my mind before it ever happens. I have observed that my fantasy is often better than the real thing. I hate the plane ride, 14 hours in the air is just too long and if it was not the the joy of getting to LOS I would not endure it at all. The last time the private TV on the seat in front of me was very nice ,, think I watched 5 movies. Still hated the trip. Hope you trip is the best Buck.

bucknaway
October 6th, 2007, 08:24
I love the plane ride.. this time the flight is supposed to be 17 hours. A little shorter than I am use to and it is direct from NYC to Thailand. I enjoy sitting in the seat and not having to do anything! I just have to sit there and be quiet! LOL :)

Once I am there I plan to do a blog type thing of my trip. I know there will be some that will wonder why I have so much free time to post if I will be having so much fun but who cares.... I will post it anyway! :)

October 6th, 2007, 08:43
I bet you are flying on Thai Flight 791
I love this flight you get there in the afternoon and onto Pattaya in time to go out and have some fun
You look like a good size man , I hope you are in deluxe economy
Any way have a good time
I will be on that same flight the middle of December
Cant wait

bucknaway
October 6th, 2007, 08:46
yeah, I am flying economy delux. I only hope the person sitting next to me is cute or is not too interactive.

krobbie
October 6th, 2007, 09:22
I love the plane ride.. this time the flight is supposed to be 17 hours. A little shorter than I am use to and it is direct from NYC to Thailand. I enjoy sitting in the seat and not having to do anything! I just have to sit there and be quiet! LOL :)

Once I am there I plan to do a blog type thing of my trip. I know there will be some that will wonder why I have so much free time to post if I will be having so much fun but who cares.... I will post it anyway! :)

Buck, as I am not due to be in LoS until mid January, I will look forward to reading your blog.

Good luck and have a ball.

cheers
krobbie

adman5000
October 6th, 2007, 09:23
I make the trip an adventure. I would not go on such a long trip if I did not enjoy it. I pack some books I want to read, I watch some movies I haven't seen, I always try to learn something new from the people around me or study the Thai language to try out some new words. I relax and anticipate by visualizing the activities I plan. I usually take special gifts for special friends. Normally my time is split between old friends and new friends. Some of the old friends I met when they worked the bars and they have now gone on to other things but stay in contact, others still work and are a great resource to get their advice on someone new-because they know what I like. I plan visits to new places based upon posts I've read on the various boards. I note some new restaurants to try (but I have seen very few suggestions about this for some time). I don't worry about the budget because it ruins the fun. I don't need 4 or 5 star places to have fun and I like to spend time searching and trying things on my own. I seldom talk to other farangs on my trip.
So I am always excited to go. For me the trip frees my from my habits and routines at home and gives me a strong sense of freedom as I explore places and fantasies. I enjoy the uniqueness of the culture, the food, and the people. I have been really lucky to meet a good percentage of heartfelt friends. I also seek something special and unexpected to do for someone on each trip and have always had that effort multiplied several times in priceless ways in the enjoyment I received back from the Thai people.
If someone is not looking forward to their trip, I think they need to think more about how to create better karma around them. You get what you give.

bucknaway
October 6th, 2007, 09:56
Interesting post, but I have lived long enough to know that some folks just are not the type to jump up and down everything something special happens. I am an even tempered guy... I will be happy to be there but you won't find me jumping up and down LOL :) I am sure my Karma is just fine :)

October 7th, 2007, 02:26
I like you will be arriving in October. For me it will be late October. I am looking forward to my time in Pattaya but not the flight. I fly business class and it is still a hard trip to make, guess I am just getting OLD. This will be my 7th trip in as many years. It is always nice to arrive and start my vacation. This time will be arriving from Hong Kong and will get their in the late morning. Hope to be settled in my room by early afternoon. Than I can start contacting friends and having a great time. Enjoy the beach, this time I am staying a Sansuk which is new and has a pool. May be can relax there more than the beach. Hope you have a great time and will be looking forward to you reports.

bucknaway
October 7th, 2007, 03:55
You are going to have to let us know what it was like staying at the Sauna. I remember when they first announced their opening I thought the rooms were way overpriced but now seem reasonable if they are as nice as they look on the website.
I am staying at Room-club because it is private and even on my way back to my hotel there are guys along the way to flirt with and I like to buy some food and drink and sit with the Security guard at Tui's place and eat before I go up to my room.

Your going to have to tell us what you think of the place your staying at and what you liked as well as didn't like.

I like you will be arriving in October. For me it will be late October. I am looking forward to my time in Pattaya but not the flight. I fly business class and it is still a hard trip to make, guess I am just getting OLD. This will be my 7th trip in as many years. It is always nice to arrive and start my vacation. This time will be arriving from Hong Kong and will get their in the late morning. Hope to be settled in my room by early afternoon. Than I can start contacting friends and having a great time. Enjoy the beach, this time I am staying a Sansuk which is new and has a pool. May be can relax there more than the beach. Hope you have a great time and will be looking forward to you reports.

October 7th, 2007, 04:42
adman5000..
I like your philosophy and with that you should have good karma.
Tell me what kind of "gifts" you have found that work well to take. I would anticipate meeting a few special boys that I would like to reward with something that means more than just the baht. Any suggestions???

bucknaway
October 7th, 2007, 04:47
Good luck with that. The wrong gift can turn a friendship into a sponsorship. I have made gift mistakes and came close to turning a great friendship into something I wanted no part of.

October 7th, 2007, 05:06
Thursday I will be landing in Bangkok for a day....

I will be in BKK in November and December, do you wanna meet up and hang out...ummm....not for sex tho...plenty of those in LOS already. :bounce:

bucknaway
October 7th, 2007, 05:17
November 5th I return to USA. When do you arrive?

Thursday I will be landing in Bangkok for a day....

I will be in BKK in November and December, do you wanna meet up and hang out...ummm....not for sex tho...plenty of those in LOS already. :bounce:

October 7th, 2007, 06:42
Bucknaway

Will let you know on the hotel. Have not been able to find any response other than the sauna. Looking forward to the hotel. Try to stay at different places each time. Stayed at Tui's last year and did enjoy the walk home at night. There were always someone to talk to while walking. Never did take any of the to my room. Always enjoyed breakfast on the beach. Tui's was clean quiet and a great place to stay. Were you are staying was a lot higher in price than Tui's.

Have a great time and maybe we will run into each other.

October 7th, 2007, 13:34
Sorry buck - a posse of us arrive on Tuesday. There will be no fresh meat left lol. You like sloppy seconds? me get excited? Not really.

Just cant f**king wait !! bring it on! woo hoo! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

oops - valium time :cyclopsani:

Shuee
October 7th, 2007, 15:59
hi bunk

as i know you are a utube fan, please take a look at an 80s hit, by the pointer sisters - i'm so excited, listen to the words;

i'm so excited & i just cant hide it, i'm about to loose control & i think i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaah

have a great time

krobbie
October 8th, 2007, 02:02
I sincerely hope that someone has warned the boys the Bucknaway is arriving and Ooogleman with his entourage. Then theres Wombat who's already sampling like a madman and Scott will be there momentarily. I hope by January these guys have had a rest (and a douche). Sloppy seconds? How about 5th's? Doesn't sound quite so appealing in that light.

Oh well, to bad for me. Will just have to stick with the bf.

Underneath all this, I am as jealous as all get out of you all on holiday in LoS currently. My time will come and you all will be back at work
:cheers:

Cheers
krobbie

seahko-old
October 8th, 2007, 09:59
Buck,Hope this finds you well & happy.You should be because you are on your way to LOS but enduring a long & boring flight.Well,I am sort of lucky as it takes slightly more than an hour flying from Penang,West Malaysia where I live,to Bangkok.However,I cant be bothered to make any trip there if it is not because of having sex with guys there.
I would love to have the opportunity to meet up with you somewhere in Thailand to be my guest.I am going to Phuket pretty soon & maybe on to Bangkok & Pattaya.
Have a nice day Buck.

bucknaway
October 8th, 2007, 10:19
I would be more than happy to meet you. I wonder if we will be in Phuket at the same time?

Oct 12 to Oct 16 - Pattaya
Oct 16 to Oct 19 - Chiang Mai
Oct 19 to Oct 22 - Phuket
Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Bangkok
Oct 26 to Oct 29 - Pattaya
Oct 30 to Nov 5 - Bangkok

Buck,Hope this finds you well & happy.You should be because you are on your way to LOS but enduring a long & boring flight.Well,I am sort of lucky as it takes slightly more than an hour flying from Penang,West Malaysia where I live,to Bangkok.However,I cant be bothered to make any trip there if it is not because of having sex with guys there.
I would love to have the opportunity to meet up with you somewhere in Thailand to be my guest.I am going to Phuket pretty soon & maybe on to Bangkok & Pattaya.
Have a nice day Buck.

jinks
October 8th, 2007, 13:28
bucknaway I've added your dates to the calendar.

We can all see which dates match or overlap with ease :cheers:

TrongpaiExpat
October 8th, 2007, 14:47
]

You will be in town for the Babylon Halloween Foam Party on 31 Oct.

bucknaway
October 8th, 2007, 17:44
thanks jinks. i was too lazy to do it. LOL

Yes trong. I will be at babylon on the 31'st and will be in DJ station wearing my leather harness. LOL

bucknaway I've added your dates to the calendar.

We can all see which dates match or overlap with ease :cheers:

October 9th, 2007, 02:42
No trips for me this year as I have been too busy trying to get a house built and selling a business. Having a Thai bf here in Los Angeles has muted my desire for the trips to Thailand. But watch out next year, if all goes right I will be retired at the end of the year foot loose and free and the Thai bf will be returning to Thailand for a while. Watch for me in 2008.

Bucky, enjoy your trip.

Up2U
October 9th, 2007, 06:33
I would be more than happy to meet you. I wonder if we will be in Phuket at the same time?

Oct 12 to Oct 16 - Pattaya
Oct 16 to Oct 19 - Chiang Mai
Oct 19 to Oct 22 - Phuket
Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Bangkok
Oct 26 to Oct 29 - Pattaya

Have a nice day Buck.

Interesting schedule. Some people love to spend their holidays in airport terminals.