PDA

View Full Version : Villa Market Owner

October 4th, 2007, 21:40
I stopped by to buy some things at Villa Market for the weekend. When I went to check out I saw an older man and some workers trying to move a counter with some difficulty so thought I would help them give the thing a shove. The older man turned out to be the owner. We had a little chat and he said he got started when he worked for the Americans at the PX in 1970s. They later offered him a green card to come to the USA put he turned it down because he was afraid he would not get a job.....he smiled and said "I did ok here though". He is a very friendly man and said that the meat is going to get even better as he will start to age it for 21 days. His name is Surapong Poosanakhom. You would never guess when you see him that he is the owner of this food chain.

Good luck Villa Market

Alan-old
October 5th, 2007, 09:04
Does Villa Market have home delivery?

October 5th, 2007, 11:32
Wat Chai market on Pattaya Tai road have been offering 'aged' meat for years and years.
Especially if you happen to buy Tuesday's meat on Saturday.
Joking aside, I plan to try Villa foods. Carry on.

TrongpaiExpat
October 8th, 2007, 14:27
The trick with Villa Market is to just buy the import items that the other places don't offer or you will be paying a lot more on most of the local items. At, least that how it works at the Bangkok markets. For The lowest prices for local items is to go to the Khlong Toey Market at 1:00 am or the market on Kamphanengphet opposite Chatuchak.

Even some of the import items at Villa are way overpriced for expample red seedless grapes, Villa 300B per K and at Chatuchak I paid 50B per K.

October 8th, 2007, 14:42
Does Villa Market have home delivery?The local Villa Mart certainly has a young man who trots after me with my purchases, on demand