PDA

View Full Version : info on sofitel silom hotel

December 31st, 2005, 02:44
does anyone have information on the sofitel silom? Do they have joiner fees? Any problems with bringing guests in? How's the service and amenities? Are they close to the bars? this is my first trip to Bangkok and a friend recommended the hotel.

December 31st, 2005, 03:02
I stayed at the Sofitel Silom for 5 nights back in July. It is a lovely 4/5 star hotel. It is newly renovated and very modern. We had a standard room and it had floor to ceiling windows (overlooking the Tower Inn rooftop pool and beyond), timber floors and quite a large bathroom. The buffet breakfasts were fantastic with a huge range to choose room. They'll make your eggs to order if you like. The hotel does although only have a small pool (no matter - I used the one at Babylon instead).

I'm not sure about joiners but there are a lot of staff stationed in the entrance and foyer. There are always four or five valets, two people to open the doors as your walk in, a couple in the foyer, another at the lifts and of course more at reception. If they don't allow joiners then it would be impossible to get past them without being noticed.

The hotel is a good 20 minute brisk walk to Soi Twilight.

December 31st, 2005, 05:00
I stayed there for ten days in August. The checki-in girl seemed flustered that I'd booked a double bedded room and stated that various guests might be joining me. She consulted a Manager then checked me in. You just have to stare those folk down unless you want your guests to be checked over. In that case stay somewhere that provides that service. My most frequent guest got the 1st floor lounge to stamp his parking ticket. The other guest lives in my home country and I've known him for many years.

I like the modern decor. My room was on the other side, with views of Chong Nongsi and the Sky Train. The view of the Chao Phraya at breakfast is breathtaking and my breakfast guests were treated with respect. Given that they are young professionals in the true sense, so they should be.