PDA

View Full Version : Youthful looks

October 2nd, 2007, 12:06
I am sure this has been mentioned before, but as a new farang, i am intrigued, should i say fascinated as to how young most of the boys look in the bars. I get the impression that in Asia particularly both men and women seem to look younger than their actual years.

I suppose then that as far as legality is concerned we have to be ultra careful in whom we decide to get involved with?

Should we be asking for ID cards to be sure that trouble is avoided? or is age concern not so important here, than it is in Europe?

I understand that he age of consent in Thailand is 15, but that does not apply where prostitution is concerned.

-- TC

travelerjim
October 2nd, 2007, 12:24
I am sure this has been mentioned before, but as a new farang, i am intrigued, should i say fascinated as to how young most of the boys look in the bars. I get the impression that in Asia particularly both men and women seem to look younger than their actual years.

I suppose then that as far as legality is concerned we have to be ultra careful in whom we decide to get involved with?

Should we be asking for ID cards to be sure that trouble is avoided? or is age concern not so important here, than it is in Europe?

I understand that he age of consent in Thailand is 15, but that does not apply where prostitution is concerned.

-- TC

TROLL...TROLL....TROLL...

Surely you jest in asking such questions? OR you are sadly - A Complete Idiot !

All questions and points you made have been answered
in more detail over the years on this and other forums.

Enough said !

TravelerJim

Marsilius
October 2nd, 2007, 12:25
[TravelerJim's response seems a little harsh to me - so I am going to assume that this is a genuine question by a newbie...]

You are, in general, correct. The boy I see regularly celebrated his 30th birthday earlier this year - but you would swear - if your experience had hitherto been with Caucasians - that he wasn't even 20!

I put it down to a combination of their slighter bodies, more outgoing demeanors (including killer smiles!) and their more cheerful "mai pen rai" attitude to life.

DO insist on looking at ID cards whenever in any doubt!

October 2nd, 2007, 15:49
DELETED

October 2nd, 2007, 15:54
I think many Thais just over 30 look 50, especially the Lao background ones ... They abuse themselves, pollution, overdrinking, smoking, bad cheap food, and some genetic factors with Lao people that just makes them look aged. This is why in Thailand they think 50 is really old. In the west, 50 isn't old yet. That said, a guy who looks 20 to us could be 15 or 30, hard to tell sometimes on the younger end, but for experienced people like me, I can guess right on the money most times.

October 2nd, 2007, 16:24
Jimmy, allow alittle rope for him to hang himself :geek:

After all he is a good friend of Georgie Porgie

You are doing a better job of hanging yourself Bottie dear, with each post you make. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

G.

October 2nd, 2007, 16:26
One of the amazing thing about thaiboys are that they do look younger than they are. I found tho that once they hit around 24 yrs of age they seem to mature overnight. Meeting younger looking guys is easy but you should check ID's if offing one. If there is any doubt have your hote security check the ID's for you.

catawampuscat
October 2nd, 2007, 16:55
Perhaps a tad harsh, but it is refreshing to see TJ get pissed off.
Too much nice guy stuff all the time and nobody could be that nice..

It is a naive question from TC and one could almost imagine some government agency planting
it to cause trouble.. :cat:

October 2nd, 2007, 17:30

-- TC

Enough said !

TravelerJim

From what i have heard about you TravelerJim from a friend in regards to your high standing in this community, i am somewhat surprised at your harsh judgment of me. You have to understand i am very new to Thailand, and have many questions to ask. Moving here is a huge step for me, and if something i post does not meet with "standard procedures", then i apologize in advance. I believe my questions are legitimate albeit no doubt old ones. I have never been accused of trolling in my entire time on the boards, and quite honestly i resent your accusation. I am trying very hard to become an active contributor here, and your comments are not helpful in any way.

-- TC

October 2nd, 2007, 17:49
[quote="The Collector":148ggro5]I am sure this has been mentioned before, but as a new farang, i am intrigued, should i say fascinated as to how young most of the boys look in the bars. I get the impression that in Asia particularly both men and women seem to look younger than their actual years.

-- TC

Enough said !

TravelerJim

From what i have heard about you TravelerJim from a friend in regards to your high standing in this community, i am somewhat surprised at your harsh judgment of me. You have to understand i am very new to Thailand, and have many questions to ask. Moving here is a huge step for me, and if something i post does not meet with "standard procedures", then i apologize in advance. I believe my questions are legitimate albeit no doubt old ones. I have never been accused of trolling in my entire time on the boards, and quite honestly i resent your accusation. I am trying very hard to become an active contributor here, and your comments are not helpful in any way.

-- TC[/quote:148ggro5]

I agree...Traveller Jim.........go fuck yourself..........people are generally innocent until proven guilty!

October 2nd, 2007, 17:54
[quote="The Collector":16uf4ya4]I am sure this has been mentioned before, but as a new farang, i am intrigued, should i say fascinated as to how young most of the boys look in the bars. I get the impression that in Asia particularly both men and women seem to look younger than their actual years.

-- TC

Enough said !

TravelerJim

Jimmy, allow alittle rope for him to hang himself :geek:

After all he is a good friend of Georgie Porgie[/quote:16uf4ya4]

With whom i am friends with Mr Botting is really none of your concern. Why are you involving me in your battle with George? Would it not be immature of me if i was to come down to the same level by involving your friends? As i have now told you a number of times in previous threads, i have no wish to start a war with you, yet you continue to rile me. I have said nothing untoward against you, but you insult me for no good reason. If you want a war, then come out and say so, and let battle commence. Up to you.

-- TC

October 2nd, 2007, 18:01
Well if nothing else this should liven things up around this board of despots.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 2nd, 2007, 19:04
( assuming one has a mind).

But it is kind of you to ask how we and others manage to look so young in the bars. As you can see from my
avatar I look a youthful 35 and can get away with 30 in the right lighting.

Add a pound or two of pancake by Ready Mix Concrete and I look even younger-providing you are completely and utterly pissed. The drunker you get, the better I look. The drunker I get, the younger you look..and so on.

As for the age of consent-I've always been too plastered to carry out the act so it's of no importance to me. Besides-one sight of Mrs O'Booze on our wedding night I swore off sex and took up alcohol and have never looked back, never been happier.

travelerjim
October 2nd, 2007, 19:46
[quote="The Collector":3rkxupf9]I am sure this has been mentioned before, but as a new farang, i am intrigued, should i say fascinated as to how young most of the boys look in the bars. I get the impression that in Asia particularly both men and women seem to look younger than their actual years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- TC[/quote:3rkxupf9]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TC....

I have read and re-read your original posting and I still come to my initial conclusion...

You are a TROLL..seeking to incite replies regarding the issues of ID cards and Thai age of consent....
rather than seeking helpful information or answers.

But, TC - in the slight event you are not a troll...
Indeed you must have had blinders on when reading...
over the boards regarding the questions you have posed!

You have stated
"I have never been accused of trolling in my entire time on the boards,
and quite honestly i resent your accusation."

TC...you now have posted 7 times on this board...
So might I assume you are a rebirth of another poster of past?

Or have you been a reader and not a poster?
Personally, I believe my first posed scenario is more apt to be correct -
you are a rebirth of another past or possible current poster.

TC..The questions you have posed are too "loaded" to be believable!

Such as your question about the age of consent in Thailand being 15...
If you wish to see the Bangkok Hilton - I say "go for it"...

The question regarding whether one should look at ID cards ...
TC- if you do not look - you are a bigger fool.

And, finally, friends of Sawatdee...I find this poster TC to be unbelievable.

If I have offended - my apology ...but may I add?

Let me make it clear why I have chosen to respond in such a way to TC....

I am sick and tired of the issues of ID cards, underage youth in the bars and clubs,
and the Thailand age of consent being brought up on this and other boards ...
when it is presented in such a way as to be inciteful and accusatory in the final analysis -
when the chips are all counted and salvo of many replies posted ...
some which which seek to portray the good men in our gay community
as being perverts, pedophiles and sex tourists.

I resent those portrayals!

I believe TC was aiming to bring up the these kind of discussions of past
and stir up the dirt as well...and so my reply to his posting.

The answers to his questions were so - so easy...
I cannot imagine his really needing answers to them...

Especially as he himself TC - admits to being an experienced board reader or poster
..as he says in his recent reply: "in my entire time on the boards".

TravelerJim

October 2nd, 2007, 20:26
[From what i have heard about you TravelerJim from a friend in regards to your high standing in this community, i am somewhat surprised at your harsh judgment of me. You have to understand i am very new to Thailand, and have many questions to ask. Moving here is a huge step for me, and if something i post does not meet with "standard procedures", then i apologize in advance.
-- TC

Two things that would lead me to also think that this is a troll.

1. Your friend who apparently reads these boards would know the answer to your questions.

2. For someone who indicates that he comes from the UK to spell the world apologise with a 'z' is most strange.

Could this be another reincarnation of the beloved BG?

Wesley
October 2nd, 2007, 21:31
I expected a response to this in a negative way, but was astonished it was TJ who blew his stack at a 7 time poster, God if some one had of answered my first questions this way I may have never gone to Thailand, Newbies should be treated with the same apologetic way you were treated on your first posts. I am sure you no doubt ask some questions that could have been looked up on previous threads, but most Newbies want to begin to get involved and sometimes that is with these kinds of questions. he was hit like he was fresh meat to be instantly cooked in the public Sawatdee furnace.

Give him a break until he has time to give away some better hint he is BG or other familiar poster. For all we know its Hedda, but until we know, I suggest a more moderate answer to his post or just not answer at all. Put him on your ignore list until he is sufficiently educated to the forum protocol . By then he will know better and you can blast away. I generally respond to your post with respect, I would hope that we never tire of helping the newbies become regular posters not discourage them. A new fresh opinion would be nice. Generally I read often before I look to see who it is posting so as to not get some predisposed opinion of the post.

Wesley

October 2nd, 2007, 23:01
I have read and re-read your original posting and I still come to my initial conclusion...

You are a TROLL..seeking to incite replies regarding the issues of ID cards and Thai age of consent....
rather than seeking helpful information or answers.

But, TC - in the slight event you are not a troll...
Indeed you must have had blinders on when reading...
over the boards regarding the questions you have posed!

You have stated
"I have never been accused of trolling in my entire time on the boards,
and quite honestly i resent your accusation."

TC...you now have posted 7 times on this board...
So might I assume you are a rebirth of another poster of past?

Or have you been a reader and not a poster?
Personally, I believe my first posed scenario is more apt to be correct -
you are a rebirth of another past or possible current poster.

TC..The questions you have posed are too "loaded" to be believable!

Such as your question about the age of consent in Thailand being 15...
If you wish to see the Bangkok Hilton - I say "go for it"...

The question regarding whether one should look at ID cards ...
TC- if you do not look - you are a bigger fool.

And, finally, friends of Sawatdee...I find this poster TC to be unbelievable.

If I have offended - my apology ...but may I add?

Let me make it clear why I have chosen to respond in such a way to TC....

I am sick and tired of the issues of ID cards, underage youth in the bars and clubs,
and the Thailand age of consent being brought up on this and other boards ...
when it is presented in such a way as to be inciteful and accusatory in the final analysis -
when the chips are all counted and salvo of many replies posted ...
some which which seek to portray the good men in our gay community
as being perverts, pedophiles and sex tourists.

I resent those portrayals!

I believe TC was aiming to bring up the these kind of discussions of past
and stir up the dirt as well...and so my reply to his posting.

The answers to his questions were so - so easy...
I cannot imagine his really needing answers to them...

Especially as he himself TC - admits to being an experienced board reader or poster
..as he says in his recent reply: "in my entire time on the boards".

TravelerJim

Hi Jim, I am afraid that you have made a big mistake in your assessment of TC. We all make mistakes and I am sure you will be big enough to admit yours after my following explanation. First of all let me say that TC is personally known to me and has been a good friend for a number of years. He is also known personally to three other members here and providing they do not mind my revealing who they are, I will post their names.

I can understand your feelings about the subject of ID cards and underage youths in bars, I also get sick to death of reading these type of posts. However with respect, TC's mentioning of the age of consent being 15, does not mean for one minute that he advocates sex with boys of this age.

TC is only on his second visit to Thailand. In 10 days he will return to the UK for a week before moving to Thailand permanently. He is genuinely exited at this prospect and is keen to learn about life here as much as possible. It was at my suggestion that he joined the board and got the views of other ex pats that live here, instead of always hearing about life here just from my angle. After all, although it doesn't happen very often, I am known to be wrong occasionally. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Wink.gif

Although the questions he asked may seem easy to the likes of you and I, where Thailand is concerned, TC really is genuinely naive about the country. If we look back, we were all naieve in our early days here, please don't hang him for that. As far as dishing up the dirt goes Jim, you couldn't be more wrong. TC is a genuinely really nice guy and knows nothing of this forum's history. When he talks about reading boards, I assure you that he is not referring to boards of this type. He is also the furthest thing from a troll that you could imagine, which you will discover if you give him a chance.

If you are up for it, I am prepared to shout dinner at your chosen venue and will bring TC along. You will then discover for yourself that what I am saying here is totally genuine and on the level. Let me know if you wish to take me up on my offer. Choc Dee Jim.

With regard to the other doubting Thomas's who are claiming TC is BG or a rebirth of an old member: Wrong again! TC hasn't got a nasty bone in his body, unlike that poisonous piece of shit BG or from what I have been told, Hedda. Why is it when ever a new member joins this forum, a genuine one at that, he is accused of being a previous member? I remember well when I first joined being accused of being LMTU, amongst others. What is it with this fucking paranoia all the time. Anyone that even thinks TC's posts resemble BG's in anyway whatsoever, is an idiot as far as I am concerned.

Quote originally by Naught But Nice: For someone who indicates that he comes from the UK to spell the world apologise with a 'z' is most strange.

Unfortunately NBN, when using the spellchecker, which like Americans can not spell proper English, if you are not totally alert, it is easy sometimes after spelling aplologise correctly, to hit the replace icon, when it indicates you have made a spelling error. I have done it myself on occasions as I am sure other English posters have done also. Perhaps if we could educate Microsoft and persuade them to replace their Z's with S's where appropriate, we would not have this problem. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

I have been totally honest and genuine in my reply here to you NBN, so if you don't believe me, may I suggest you take the advice of aussieal. That advice was something along the lines of having sexual intercourse with ones self. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

So, to conclude, for those of you that wish to keep up with the, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whispersecrets.gif go ahead. To the genuine members here, I ask you, please give TC a fair go.

Thanks,

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

October 2nd, 2007, 23:32
Whit all my respect George but..Are you TC's mother ?

October 2nd, 2007, 23:55
One wonders based on Dear Traveler Jim's response "which seek to portray the good men in our gay community
as being perverts, pedophiles and sex tourists" if indeed TC's supposed inflammatory post has not hit rather too close to home. After just spending 9 days Pattaya I certainly saw more than a few grizzly old gits chasing after barely post pubescent boy flesh. One only needs to spend a few evenings in Sunee Plaza to see that.

TrongpaiExpat
October 2nd, 2007, 23:58
If you are up for it, I am prepared to shout dinner at your chosen venue and will bring TC along. You will then discover for yourself that what I am saying here is totally genuine and on the level. Let me know if you wish to take me up on my offer. Choc Dee Jim.

A very nice offer to TJ.

I have not maligned the poster known as the Collector, but if I take a few swipes at him, can I get a free dinner too?

October 3rd, 2007, 00:07
And certainly one wonders if after only visiting Thailand twice and then asking the about the legal age, what on earth could be the impetus to move there?

TrongpaiExpat
October 3rd, 2007, 00:08
One wonders based on Dear Traveler Jim's response "which seek to portray the good men in our gay community
as being perverts, pedophiles and sex tourists" if indeed TC's supposed inflammatory post has not hit rather too close to home. After just spending 9 days Pattaya I certainly saw more than a few grizzly old gits chasing after barely post pubescent boy flesh. One only needs to spend a few evenings in Sunee Plaza to see that.

Makes me wonder why you spent 9 days in Pattaya and a few evenings in Sunee? If your looking for a beach holiday there are better options with less perverts, pedos, sex tourists and old gits.

October 3rd, 2007, 00:23
Trongpai I don't recall saying I was looking for a beach holiday and unlike you I don't need to wonder why anyone would spend time in Pattaya. Gays go for the boys, straights for the girls and pedos for the underage. But don't worry, I won't ponder what category you fall into.

October 3rd, 2007, 00:27
Hmm, it seems my initial post has opened a little can of worms, which was totally unintentional. it also seems i have been misunderstood for which i blame myself.

Notwithstanding George's kind testimonial, i feel i need to explain myself a little more.

Yes, i admit to being naive in a lot of ways, but than i am trying to be open and honest believe it or not. Yes, i perhaps should of spent more time delving into old posts and seeking the answers, but i am impatient and excited to have the opportunity to be making the move to Thailand at my time of life.

From my point of view living in a closed minded society like the UK for all my life, the prospect of living in a far more open society which seems more tolerant of the Gay Scene, is rather a shock to the system. As you can imagine my mind is full of questions, some of which obviously are old hat to most of you. I believed that i could obtain a more clear picture of the things that concern me by joining this board. To be attacked by some in the way i have been seems a little unfair, but looking back, understandable. Although i have said i have experience of other message boards, this is my first time on a gay board. I know i have a lot to learn, and i need to be much more patient.

As far as my spelling is concerned, my little grey cells are not as efficient as they used to be, and you will have to get used to the odd error on my part.

Truly i joined this board to acquire information, seek advice, and ultimately make new friends. To those that don't believe me, then there is nothing more i can say.

-- TC

October 3rd, 2007, 00:36

A very nice offer to TJ.

I have not maligned the poster known as the Collector, but if I take a few swipes at him, can I get a free dinner too?

No need for any swipes TE, I would be happy to shout you dinner anytime.

Choc Dee. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/beerchug.gif

G.

Bob
October 3rd, 2007, 01:48
Hmmm.....while I won't get into this fray.....I would note to TC:

(1) I too had the impression you have been a reader of this and other boards in the past. If so, your question
is indeed puzzling to me. If I'm wrong there, then I suggest you use the search function and you'll find a lot of information only by looking. For example, the question of what's a proper off fee has been asked a million times and usually generates one or two "oh god, not that question again!" responses.

(2) Given your a friend of George's, I too am puzzled as to why you just didn't ask him. If you aren't in his presence or talk to him by phone, there is a private message function on this board you can use.

Regardless of my puzzlement, mai bpen rai....

October 3rd, 2007, 02:30
Welcome TC. Unlike some posters on this forum I take all posters at face value. I read and sometimes post on the forum for two reasons: (1) every now and then someone brings up a good topic for discussion and we learn something, and (2) most often for the shear entertainment value of seeing how far some posters will go with their comments as has been done here. One must take everything posted here with a grain of salt but it gives me something to read while eating lunch in the office.

To those who think that using the search feature is the way to use this forum then I guess just about every topic has been covered at one time or another and there is not much point in asking questions.

For those of you who seem to thing that the British form of English is the only proper English you should understand that language is always evolving. Even the British English of the 17th century is not the English of today. Looks like it will be Microsoft who programs us as to what is "proper" English. Unfortunately for you Brits, Microsoft is an American company. Cherio

October 3rd, 2007, 03:57
For those of you who seem to thing that the British form of English is the only proper English

Even Microsoft wouldn't deem that proper English. Cheerio.

October 3rd, 2007, 09:44
DELETED

October 3rd, 2007, 10:04

A very nice offer to TJ.

And me! I've taken a swipe at him also. Someone who says they are new to the country, but is a long term friend of Porgie, did make alarm bells ring. So Porgie, shout me a meal too. I want to be convinced about TC too.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an invitation, will you Bottie dear? Although on second thoughts............... http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

Smiles
October 3rd, 2007, 10:41
" ... I have not maligned the poster known as the Collector, but if I take a few swipes at him, can I get a free dinner too? ... "
No malignin' from this corner either. When's dinner? :cheers:

For what it's worth, I thought TravelerJim was a bit quick off the mark with the troll accusation. He is normally a more decent dude than that.
Personally, right about now I'd save the kind of anger TravelerJim has displayed toward The Collector for the cocksuckers who are right now killing Buddhist monks next door in Burma.

I'm of the opinion that there is in fact only one true troll here on Sawatdee, and that's the now-disgraced BillyBoy (AKA known as WD-40 or something like that. His photo is now disallowed here on threat of a law suit ~ it is to laugh out loud ~ but I have fatso's photo on my computer if anyone would like to borrow it).

Frankly, if you go back and read The Collector's initial post again, it really is just a few questions ~ admittedly naive, and self-answerable really, by one's own common sense ~ put to the board in pretty upfront terms. TravelerJim doesn't like the 'tone' of them, but that dislike surely does not a troll make.
I have a lot of trouble myself with TravelerJim's 'tone' sometimes . . . i.e. always the Happy Tout, always flogging, always selling that insurance. But he's no troll in my eyes simply because I'm not particularly fond of the tone or the message.

Maybe The Collector will turn out to be a fraud ... an old poster with a new handle ... a wanker who doesn't know his Z's from his S's ... or a troll. Who knows? But I'd sure be willing to put up with him getting there a bit longer than the 7 or 8 posts he's made here on this Board so far.

Cheers ...

October 3rd, 2007, 10:50
Hmmm.....while I won't get into this fray.....I would note to TC:

(1) I too had the impression you have been a reader of this and other boards in the past. If so, your question
is indeed puzzling to me. If I'm wrong there, then I suggest you use the search function and you'll find a lot of information only by looking. For example, the question of what's a proper off fee has been asked a million times and usually generates one or two "oh god, not that question again!" responses.

(2) Given your a friend of George's, I too am puzzled as to why you just didn't ask him. If you aren't in his presence or talk to him by phone, there is a private message function on this board you can use.

Regardless of my puzzlement, mai bpen rai....

(1) As you should of read in my previous response, i was impatient, and was keen to get other views rather than spend time searching. Now i know better.

(2) Indeed so! However, rather than use George as a continuous answering service, on his advice i joined the board to get other views.

-- TC

October 3rd, 2007, 11:23
" ... I have not maligned the poster known as the Collector, but if I take a few swipes at him, can I get a free dinner too? ... "
No malignin' from this corner either. When's dinner? :cheers:

Hi Smiles, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/wavey.gif how does sometime in December sound?

Choc Dee, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/smile.gif

George.

October 3rd, 2007, 12:11
Much ado about nothing. Oh crap, now I've added nothing to nothing. 0+0=0

Dboy
October 3rd, 2007, 14:20
You have to understand i am very new to Thailand, and have many questions to ask. Moving here is a huge step for me

Woah, what? Moving away from your home country is a fairly serious decision. You really moving here without knowing anything about this place? Be careful dude.

Dboy

October 3rd, 2007, 16:43

-- TC

Please,

Go get a 15 year old and when the Police arrive, inform them the age of consent is 15.

I am sure they will understand and leave you alone after you tell them, the boy is "NOT" a prostitute and is doing it for free because he likes 20 stone foreigners over the age of 60.

In answer to youthful looks, I recall that comment about Tam, when I told someone I had been with him 12 years, Wow, how old is he then, was the response??

I knew very well the implication, so I said he was 20, and he was 8 when we first met! Wheeeeeee

October 3rd, 2007, 16:47

-- TC

Please,

Go get a 15 year old and when the Police arrive, inform them the age of consent is 15. I am sure they will understand and leave you alone after you tell them, the boy is "NOT" a prostitute and is doing it for free because he likes 20 stone foreigners over the age of 60.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/roflao.gif

George.

October 3rd, 2007, 17:00

-- TC

Please,

Go get a 15 year old and when the Police arrive, inform them the age of consent is 15.

I am sure they will understand and leave you alone after you tell them, the boy is "NOT" a prostitute and is doing it for free because he likes 20 stone foreigners over the age of 60.

Actually i find that comment quite hilarious.

When i gain another 5 stone, i will remember your advice :iconbiggrin:

Thanks

-- TC