PDA

View Full Version : Ocean 1 Tower given the clear - superstar condo for Jomtien

October 2nd, 2007, 08:15
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Picture1-11.png

Ocean 1 Tower given the all-clear. Pattaya City News

Khun Prachar, Governor of Chonburi Province chaired a Monday Morning Meeting at Pattaya City Hall to discuss plans for the Ocean 1 Tower which is an ambitious 91 floor condominium complex comprising 611 units and a shopping plaza, 200 meters from Jomtien Beach. The concept is owned by the Siam Best Enterprises Co Ltd and has encountered some problems in the planning stages as environmental concerns have delayed planning applications for the building. This meeting confirmed that those concerns have now been addressed and a survey of 500 local residents resulted in no objections to the building. Planning permission has now been granted and construction, which will take 5 years, is expected to start soon.

Pattaya City News

http://www.ocean1tower.com/index.php#home

October 2nd, 2007, 13:49
I will have to wait before reserving a condo here. I want to see if the balcony is big enough to hang out my laundry.

krobbie
October 2nd, 2007, 14:41
I will have to wait before reserving a condo here. I want to see if the balcony is big enough to hang out my laundry.

Boogy, it will look positively festive when all 611 apartments have their smalls out.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 2nd, 2007, 19:07
mark my words. You heard it here first.

Marsilius
October 2nd, 2007, 21:18
Maybe - but might not the up-market "making of Jomtien" signal the death knell of the gay side of things there?

October 2nd, 2007, 21:32
Maybe - but might not the up-market "making of Jomtien" signal the death knell of the gay side of things there?
You mean like what happened in San Francisco, New York, and South Beach?

October 2nd, 2007, 22:05
Positively the worst possible thing to happen to the beach area so far.

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 3rd, 2007, 00:07
if a lot of investors buy these apartments and let them as holiday lets then it shouldn't really make a difference to the gay areas of the beach. In fact it may improve the area if lots of gays rent them.

Alternatively we could pushed further down the beach..but that's been happening all our lives anyway. Let's face it-it's the fags who make a place popular and then all the so-called normal people take over.

That's why I just don't bother leaving the bar..who wants all that bloody sunshine ?

krobbie
October 3rd, 2007, 02:11
if a lot of investors buy these apartments and let them as holiday lets then it shouldn't really make a difference to the gay areas of the beach. In fact it may improve the area if lots of gays rent them.

Alternatively we could pushed further down the beach..but that's been happening all our lives anyway. Let's face it-it's the fags who make a place popular and then all the so-called normal people take over.

That's why I just don't bother leaving the bar..who wants all that bloody sunshine ?

Perhaps when this beautiful horror is completed in 5 years (probably 7 TiT) we could turn the bar on the ground floor into THE new gay bar in Jomtiem. I think it would only be right to show support. Maybe then we could buy one of the studios in the front. 43sqm? Obviously the cat will have to go. Just not enough room.

I also note the absence of pricing on the web site. Or maybe I am just looking in the wrong section??

You're right about all that sunshine LOB. Enough is enough ... another Singha please!

Chheers
krobbie

October 3rd, 2007, 12:15

Boogy, it will look positively festive when all 611 apartments have their smalls out.

Just a slight word adjustment needed here. I for one, do not fit in anything small anymore. Perhaps some of the other 610 apartment owners will balance out (less large) for my 'flyings in the wind'.

October 3rd, 2007, 16:26
The 89 and 90th level will have observation decks that are open to the public

The 89 level will have three separate observations decks:
North side 299 Square metres open air
South side 82 square metres open air
And 291 square metres under cover facing the ocean.

Plus:
Coffee shop 196 m2
Medical clinic 38m2

The 90 floor will have:
Observation are 228 with facilities to sit and dine out doors
Restaurant 247 square metres

These floors will be serviced by two fire proof express lifts that will take 34 seconds to travel from the ground floor to the 89th level. These lifts will have a completely separate electricity supply.

Anon

October 3rd, 2007, 17:01
The 89 and 90th level will have observation decks that are open to the public

The 89 level will have three separate observations decks:
North side 299 Square metres open air
South side 82 square metres open air
And 291 square metres under cover facing the ocean.
Plus:
Coffee shop 196 m2
Medical clinic 38m2

The 90 floor will have:
Observation are 228 with facilities to sit and dine out doors
Restaurant 247 square metres

Comment from 'Buaseng' on Gay Thailand - quite funny I thought:

"More launch pads for 'flying farangs' and their native bretheren - at least they have had the foresight to provide a medical clinic (is there a morgue attached ?)".