PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE FOR ME GENTLEMEN PLEASE

October 1st, 2007, 23:42
I have visited Thailand many times during the last 20 years usually for 3 weeks or a month at a time. Having retired now, I spent from May 2005 to March 2006 based in a apartment in Jomtien but had to return to UK. Since then I have been seriously ill and had several operations (all this must seem boring and irelavant). However, my Doctors have advised me that an escape from Winter would be an excellent idea so I have taken an apartment in Jomtien from November for 5 months.

I will have to have someone to "take care of me" (in the British sense not the Thai sense). Can anyone kindly suggest how much I should pay a thai boy per month to do this (should I find one)? There will be, unfortunately, no question of a sexual relationship but a loving caring person would be absolutely wonderful.

What do you think and has anyone ever been in this situation?

Love and peace to all

TrongpaiExpat
October 2nd, 2007, 01:03
As soon as some one asks a "how much" question sooner or latter the post deteriorates into name calling. Some gives you a low figure and gets called a cheap Charley. Then someone gives a high figure and that causes an equal flurry of condemnation.

Depends on your ability to pay. Depends on what you want him to do for you. Make your requirements clear to him and the two of you agree on a price and keep it to yourself.

As for your comment, "no question of a sexual relationship " Is it some medical condition? Dam, if drugs don't work get it fitted for a rod or pump at one of the fine hospitals here in Thailand.

Choke Dee

Smiles
October 2nd, 2007, 01:11
I think a somewhat more detailed description of what you mean by "take care of me" would make the question easier to answer. If, as you say, there is no sexual element, then I doubt you will get a lot of upheaval in the responses you receive. ( For some odd reason, folks around here get rather bent out of shape when sex stuff raises it's wee head ).

Just a thought, but if by 'Thai boy' you mean a young man taken out of ~ for instance ~ a gogo bar job, then you'd have to pay him at least as much as he would make in that job. Same same for other jobs.
Also ... do you mean a 'live-in' job? That would make a big difference to him as well.

You really have not given enough info in your opening post.

Cheers ...

October 2nd, 2007, 02:06
Thank you for your replies. I was thinking perhaps late 20s or 30s. He would not live in but check on me most days that I was OK. Accompany me shopping, possibly the beach, help me across the road, not be a money boy of course but perhaps accompany me to bars etc. I would pay for all incidentals.

I would not want to have a sexual relationship.

I hope that is enough for you

francois
October 2nd, 2007, 04:07
Cher Drfrost3; Just to get the "ball rolling" I suggest 4,000 Baht per week. That should insure a reliable person; but the problem is finding the right one. No doubt others will find my suggestion far to high.
PM me and I will give you info on someone I believe might be good.
Francois

allieb
October 2nd, 2007, 04:46
As you are not a newcomer to Thailand I don't have to tell you that a loving caring persons dedication is measured in Baht. I don't know what your condition is but it sounds like you need somebody with experience in caring for people.

If it were me I would be looking for a private nurse (male) or social worker and I would offer them the going rate as a start for their profession. I would guess that amount would be in the region of 8 to 10 thousand baht a month.

Stay away from the regular boys on the gay scene as you are not interested in sex and you don't sound well enough to put up with all the shit that they will bring with themselves. An advert in a Thai newspaper would be a good idea, or a word with someone who works in a hospital in Pattaya