PDA

View Full Version : Another way Thai thieves make money...

October 1st, 2007, 13:02
Who believes this will curb car theft?
Who wants to buy my Rolex for a thousand baht?

Lunchtime O'Booze
October 1st, 2007, 13:21
about auto re-birthing from us as well ?

I've never had a problem in Thailand.

The only time I was 'burgled " was by a lad in Manila who took $100 from a bundle of $2K in cash I foolishly had in my pocket. I was furious at the time and actually tracked him down to an all-night cafe and he was so terrified I was going to call the cops I felt absolutely awful...and then thinking he could have taken my whole bundle..gave him another 100.

October 2nd, 2007, 07:10
....I now live behind a 12 foot fence, topped with barbed wire strung through with an electric fence: 4 charged electric wires with a current strong enough to seriously stun you. The outside doors are solid steel and immediately behind those are more doors that are steel strapped reinforced wood.

There are other strong deterrents which need to remain undisclosed.

(I'm not sure if these measures are designed to keep the madness from invading or to keep it from escaping.)

There is CCTV which points down the soi, and as a last resort, I have my rapier sharp wit to fend off anyone who breaches the fortifications.....

Wow, great way to spend one's retirement!

October 2nd, 2007, 12:51
....I now live behind a 12 foot fence, topped with barbed wire strung through with an electric fence: 4 charged electric wires with a current strong enough to seriously stun you. The outside doors are solid steel and immediately behind those are more doors that are steel strapped reinforced wood.

(I'm not sure if these measures are designed to keep the madness from invading or to keep it from escaping.)

There is CCTV which points down the soi, and as a last resort, I have my rapier sharp wit to fend off anyone who breaches the fortifications.....

Rainwalker try to give me a call. I will try to get you out of Jail. Are the guards treating you well?

lonelywombat
October 2nd, 2007, 13:16

Rainwalker try to give me a call. I will try to get you out of Jail. Are the guards treating you well?

I have a friend in South Africa who has similar security for his home. He still does not feel safe.

TrongpaiExpat
October 2nd, 2007, 13:21
Here is a vendor of some affordable security devises. www.a-press.co.th/property.php (http://www.a-press.co.th/property.php)

Though some of the products look like they could be used to commit crimes.

Shuee
October 7th, 2007, 22:40
just hire a thai security guard - that way he will let them all in & you wont have any entering damage!