PDA

View Full Version : Some very generous Sawatdee members ...

Smiles
September 30th, 2007, 02:24
Quite amazing really, to see that folks are donating such large amounts of cash to this Board. The largest donation was from 'Anonymous' for $313 US.

I would have thought that each (contributing) member donating 10 or 20 bucks once a year would cover any operating expenses here (though I don't know the financials on running one of these software-based message boards), but such large amounts as have shown up recently are pretty outstanding, and show a great deal of confidence in the continuing success of Sawatdee.

My hats off to 'Anonymous' and Phil ... and of course all the other dudes who have thrown cash in the ring at a more common amount. I especially love The Boss's contribution of $1 / LOL :blackeye:

http://my.photodump.com/sawatdee/screenshot1.jpg

Cheers ...

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 30th, 2007, 08:29
Anonymous is the name I always use when I get bashful about my legendary generosity.

September 30th, 2007, 11:23
Me too, I pay for chat box??? My middle name anonymous.

Smiles
September 30th, 2007, 11:46
Oh god ... I've created a monster. 423 hydra heads all claiming to "Anonymous". Where's Dame Hedda when we need her?

Cheers ...

elephantspike
September 30th, 2007, 11:50
$313 is the total amount that has been donated Anonymously since I began the Paypal donate button a couple of years ago.

Anonymous is now listed as the latest donor because I "donated" $3 to myself yesterday anonymously so that I could consolidate $20 into one account so I could take out a $20 ATM withdrawal to buy lunch.

I had one job end last week and my new job begins next week, so things are tight now.

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 30th, 2007, 15:34
expect a donation any moment now-anonymously of course. This will be one of the first times I've paid for my own drink !! That's what Thailand does to you.

Bob
September 30th, 2007, 19:31
Not to add to the merriment but I couldn't be anonymous as I can't spell it.

On the other hand, Spikey, I was supposed to be anonymous and am apparently not. No big deal but that may give me pause when I'm thinking of how I share my lotto winnings (when and if! :clown: ).