PDA

View Full Version : jungle bar

Shuee
September 28th, 2007, 01:52
thought that would get your attention

so what was it like, different as we were promised? The main question being did it open on time, or was it a late opening like don plaza was.......... :bounce:

catawampuscat
September 28th, 2007, 09:33
Jungle Boys opened last nite and it is definitely not same same..
Nice selection of new faces and the animal print (Tarzan style) loin clothes works..
Original concept and looks like a hit.

Only complaint is that there were too many farangs customers there..
Owner was heard to say that even more boys arriving soon. So far so good.. :cat:

September 28th, 2007, 14:29
Some time back (between the dinosaurs and the space ships) I remember a bar where the dancers wore a loin cloth. It didn't last too long because the boys complained the customers could not keep their hands out from under the cloth.
Its the same as loud, young music. If the boss doesn't keep the boys happy they will move on.
If Jungle boys can make this work I will be happy to give my business. I crave something different in town. Good Luck there huh?

travelerjim
September 28th, 2007, 16:54
Gaybutton has posted a review of the NEW Jungle Boys
it is on Gay Thailand board..
see here:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index ... topic=2043 (http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2043)

"This evening was the opening night for Jungle Boys and some friends and I have the distinction of being the first customers.
That didn't last long. Within an hour the bar was packed. I arrived at 8:00 PM. The bar was getting crowded by 8:30.
I stayed until 11:30 and when I left it was still packed.

It was easy to see that these boys really were new to the bar scene. At first they were a little awkward and unsure of what to do.
That didn't last long either. As the bar started getting crowded, the boys became much more sure of themselves and by the time I left,
they had shed all of their inhibitions and seemed to be really enjoying themselves.

There was absolutely none of the usual totally bored attitude so common in many bars.

Most of the boys come from Khorat. Most are boy-next-door types and there will be more coming.
All of them were very friendly and seemed to be having just as good a time as the customers. I know I certainly enjoyed it thoroughly.

One of the things I most enjoyed about the bar was not only the friendliness, but the cozy, welcoming atmosphere.
I didn't feel as if I was just another customer, sitting in the audience and only ogling the boys. I felt more as if I was
somehow a part of it all and every customer's presence is significant.

more...
and with more replies too :-)

Thanks GB for taking time to share your report...

TravelerJim

lonelywombat
September 28th, 2007, 20:09
I called in betwen 10 and 10.30 and it was not crowded by any standard.

I had a few drinks and dropped in again about 11.30

N0 large crowd, boys were sitting on stools in passage

To describe this well is hard. There is a circular passage with alcoves inside. As you walk around

the full 360 degrees you have 6+ alcoves on the inside with another 6 outside the circular passage.

You cannot anything see out of the alcove except the passing traffic of clients.

I am not sure if the boys rotate from alcove to alcove for private shows, I did not see curtains

for privacy. At least at Krazy if I do not like the boy dancing on my table, I can look at others coming or just left

I felt uncomfortable there and will reserve my judgement until it has been open for a while

September 29th, 2007, 08:41
How interesting. Two completely different reviews on this bar. T.Jim does have a history (large) of looking at things through rose-colored glasses and hyperventilating about just anything Thai. Good on him, but perhaps LW had a better view? Anybody else been there?

September 29th, 2007, 12:03
Better put your money on Lonely Wombat's observations.
This place has too many strange elements in conflict with each other.
My guess is that it will be a flop. Further, it is totally out of place in Sunee.
But E*** has this fantasy about turning Sunee Plaza into Rodeo Drive, Beverley Hills, replete with a gestapo style security system.
My own idea is that a sow's ear is best left to be a sow's ear.
Sunee will never be the silk stocking district that some people have wet dreams over and attempts to turn it into a dreamy faerie-land will likely kill it.

September 29th, 2007, 12:25
I had gone to Googie's birthday/anniversary/charity event and then went on to Jungle Boys to see what it was like.

I arrived about 11:00pm and saw many fa-rang customers and many friendly boys. So my take on the size of the crowd is different than Lonelywombat. I don't understand how a person could sit and have a few drinks and not be sure if the boys were "rotating" between alcoves. The guys were not pushy, so if you prefer to just sit and drink and not talk to anyone, "up to you". The great thing is that it brings a different type of entertainment bar to Pattaya. Some people may prefer The boys walking around on tables or on a single stage or in street clothes at beer bars.

Others (RS) may love to sit and complain about everything and everyone. It is true, if you want to be miserable you can be. If you want to enjoy yourself, you can.

September 29th, 2007, 13:11
How interesting. Two completely different reviews on this bar. T.Jim does have a history (large) of looking at things through rose-colored glasses and hyperventilating about just anything Thai.

TJ's posts are mainly cut & pastes and from what I have seen are rarely his own thoughts or experiences,

September 29th, 2007, 15:16
I was there last night Friday 28 September it was early so things may have gotten busier later.

I found the music a very nice level, AC good, sofas comfy.

The down side the boys were not walking around so did not see any boys can not tell you much of their looks. I picked the place I sat so can not complain about being seated there - I had no view of small dance area nor did any boys walk around.

This is only my personal observation and doubt I will go back for a second try.

Up2U
September 29th, 2007, 15:56
How interesting. Two completely different reviews on this bar. T.Jim does have a history (large) of looking at things through rose-colored glasses and hyperventilating about just anything Thai. Good on him, but perhaps LW had a better view? Anybody else been there?

TJ was not hyperventilating, the review was GayButton's.

lonelywombat
September 30th, 2007, 13:32
Reflecting on my comments and others that have a different opinion, I went back and had another look.

Have not changed my mind but understand a little why we disagree

As you walk in the front door on each side with your back to the street,are two larger alcoves.

Each of these has a view of almost half of the 360 degree passageway, and the boys were sitting on stools

facing these two areas. If you were sitting here and maybe not paying for your drinks you certainly could be more positive.

But sit in one of the cubicles around the circular walkway where you can see no one else, and it is totally different.

September 30th, 2007, 13:43
This bar has potential but it is not there yet. It is a comfortable concept. During my recent visit, the boys were thin on the ground and it was a peak time to be there. Also, they most certainly did not rotate. They just need alot more boys and everyone who goes there, tell the mamasan that you want the boys to rotate. This might get a lot better high season. I found one guy to my liking there and I have become overly selective so thats pretty good for me.

Dboy
October 3rd, 2007, 15:05
Saw this thread so decided to walk over there and check out Jungle last night. I liked the concept (and the jungle boy outfits). Music was not too loud, everyone was friendly and non-pushy. After one drink I wondered around and explored the layout. Seems to me this design will be very good for customers who want to sit with a boy but have a small bit of privacy. You don't get a view of the whole place from sitting in your alcove, but that's the point. I like that it's different from the normal bar layout. Thought the design and construction of the interior was more clever and well-done that you usually see, and hope this place will be a winner. Will definitely be going back. Not sure what an appropriate tip would be to have a guy sit with you for awhile..my guess is 100baht? Would hope customers would give at least that much.

Dboy

lonelywombat
October 3rd, 2007, 21:29
. Seems to me this design will be very good for customers who want to sit with a boy but have a small bit of privacy. You don't get a view of the whole place from sitting in your alcove, but that's the point. I like that it's different from the normal bar layout.Dboy

Comments on the beach indicate there is less privacy if you want to get up close and cuddlely in the cubicles

People walking around the circuit all looking in as they go past, puts a dampener on your enthusiasm

Curtains would give privacy.

Dboy
October 3rd, 2007, 22:41
Ya, this is true.. It's NOT private, just private-r than other places, without being creepy. Helps if you're half exhibitionist. If more privacy is desired, then you barfine.

Dboy

Shuee
October 5th, 2007, 02:29
yes i'd agree curtains would be nice feature - good bar & something a little different.

anyway - i think the owner should give me a free drink for startin this post hihihii :bounce: