PDA

View Full Version : Nudist Beaches

September 23rd, 2007, 19:22
Hi there all,

Can anyone tell me if there are any Nudist Beaches in Phuket??

Look forward to hearing from anyone that would know.

Brad the Impala
September 23rd, 2007, 20:51
No nude beaches in Phuket, although there is a gay area on the beach at Patong, by what used to be Patong Beach Bungalows. Not aware of any nude beaches in Thailand.

September 23rd, 2007, 20:58
Hi there all,

Can anyone tell me if there are any Nudist Beaches in Phuket??

Look forward to hearing from anyone that would know.

Nudism is in Thailand strictly not allowed.

Sen Yai
September 23rd, 2007, 21:10
I met some nudists once, on one of the southern most beaches on Ko Samet. We had paddled a canoe from Ao Tub Tim to the southern tip of the island and put ashore at a seemingly deserted beach along the way.

Much to the amusement of my Thai friend, and probably the annoyance of the naturists, we disturbed a couple of PLU's enjoying the isolation that this beach provided.

So, if you're discreet, anything is possible. However, if exhibitionism is part of your fetish, then you'll have to suffer a thong and join the crowds at Jomtien or Patong!

September 23rd, 2007, 21:19
Once a week, maybe twice weekle during hig sason, the Connect Guesthouse in Phuket arranges a boat trip to Kho Kai which is a very nice and joyful day trip. Price includes all transports, drinks, food etc.

I've noticed several times that some tour members went naked and had had there fun. A few usually a running for the water, some others went the small bushes. ...

Ask Ulf or Bortje at Connect about any further details.

TrongpaiExpat
September 23rd, 2007, 22:07
On Kho Samui find a restaurant/hotel called Big John's BBQ, on most maps. Just before you get to the restaurant there is a dirt road on the sea side of the street. Go down that street a short distance and it dead ends at a small beach where nude sun bathing/swimming is common. I am told by the locals, no problem or mai pen rai.

Another option on Samui is Little Place. The owner, a German, encourages usage of the pool nude but up to you.

September 23rd, 2007, 23:21
There is no nude beaches anywhere in Thailand. Nudism is not in Thai culture. But you can be naked on any of the remote beaches, nobody sees you, nobody cares. In fact, in Thailand, only the low class people walking around with very little clothes on.

Dodger
September 24th, 2007, 03:57
ttom Quote:

Nudism is in Thailand strictly not allowed.

That is absolutely correct.

Nudity is only permitted in-doors for public spectators to enjoy while they select the boy (or girl) they want to pay for sexual purposes.

It's a "Cultural Thing."

painai2
September 24th, 2007, 09:29
Nudity is forbidden? Then how come every high season there's one or two middle-aged European women standing in front of Ritt's showing off their ugly naked breasts? As if gays want to look at them. It almost makes you lose your appitite while trying to eat. It's much more fun watching the Thais play volleyball on the beach (who I wouldn't mind watching nude!).

September 24th, 2007, 09:40
Nudity is forbidden? Then how come every high season there's one or two middle-aged European women standing in front of Ritt's showing off their ugly naked breasts? ....

Saw the same thing in Samui many times. Thai Boyfriend was horrified. I just shrugged, "Don't worry honey, they're Europeens."

September 24th, 2007, 15:39
Nudity is forbidden? Then how come every high season there's one or two middle-aged European women standing in front of Ritt's showing off their ugly naked breasts? As if gays want to look at them. It almost makes you lose your appetite while trying to eat. It's much more fun watching the Thais play volleyball on the beach (who I wouldn't mind watching nude!).
It used to be that the police would walk up to women going topless, pick up their belongings/purse/bag from beside their chair, without a 'by your leave', and carry the items off to the police office at the beginning of Dongtan beach. The miscreants then had to go and retrieve their belongings and pay a fine (2000 Baht I was told) and receive a warning that if they were caught again they would be arrested and listed for deportation.

Must admit though that I have not seen this happening in the last couple of years.

September 25th, 2007, 03:05
Being naked in public = disturbing neighbourhood = creating nonsense = 2 000 TBT.

Is this worth the hassle?

There are some remote beaches where people go sometimes naked. Follow the road to Nai Thon witch is on the costal road from Thalang direction airport. You need to clime down the rocks. There are some beach caf├й’s around too. Just fond some place away from others and do what you like. Beware that there are some families too. Plenty of space, not many people, wonderful sandy beaches.

Again, ask Ulf from Connect at Paradise Complex regarding any further details. He knows where to go and places to avoid.

September 25th, 2007, 03:31
Thai Boyfriend was horrified.

Same thing with my boyfriend. He saw some photos I took of some nudity in the UK and was very shocked. "Why no underwear, why farang no shy?" was his comment.

September 25th, 2007, 08:20
Thailand has at least one beach where people regularly report being able to swim and sunbathe nude. The beach is on the island of Koh Pha Ngan. Stripping completely at the beach is technically illegal anywhere in Thailand. Leela Beach on Koh Phangan is evidently too small to make the maps. It's isolated enough that the locals either don't know or don't care. And nudity is at least tolerated. The beach includes a series of bungalows and the owners describe the area as isolated enough to "insure privacy."

have a look at : http://www.kohphangan.com/

Leela beach is a celebration place, a meditation place. ! :clown:

Very near from Wat Kaw Tam where you can make a meditation retreat, , and enjoy the full moon party. Tropical climate, lush vegetation, beautiful rocks and pristine beaches. :cheers: