PDA

View Full Version : bar report: Dynamite Boys Club / ptya: DON'T GO

September 21st, 2007, 23:18
A brief update on the above named pub (upstairs, next to Dream boys) today 21/9: drink prices excessive at 0930pm: 150 THB for a miniature glass (of tonic water), lacklustre boys - static and unmltivated - , only a few boys there, 2 other farang, bad music, too many staff waiting around, blocking views. the most interesting viewing was the security monitor showing the stairway....
when i questioned drink prices the wait staff got outright abusive. - in comparison: Funny Boys was humming, great boys, dnacing, good music, many farang, drinks 120 THB at a time when other pubs around the area were still on 100 THB happy hpour prices.
DON'T GO to this rip off place - and if you do, tell them what you thinjk of their pricing. I went to wild West boys yesterday and the drinks were 99 THB, going up to 150 THB for the shows (1030 pm etc), which is fair enough.

September 22nd, 2007, 01:50
very harsh report as said before on this forum one person perspective can be very different to some one Else's i have spent some great evenings in this bar and am looking forward to spending a lot more in 4 weeks time when i return to los!

dab69
September 22nd, 2007, 07:50
had a tolerable show, some ok boys
last March.

catawampuscat
September 22nd, 2007, 10:02
Dynamite Boys used to be one of the best but sadly has lost its way and most of its boys as well. It used to be lots of
fun and a high energy bar but it is now just another go go bar..

I stopped in on the new Kawaii Boys Go Go Bar. It was formerly 4 Seasons and I doubt I will revisit any time soon.
A good number of dancers but the bar is very long and relatively narrow and the music quite loud. I have heard it is
the same management as Sawatdee boys across the soi and I have stopped going there because the music was so
loud that conversation was impossible.. When will they learn to make the customers happy and not blast the fuckin music
to ear shattering loudness.. :cat:

jolyjacktar
September 22nd, 2007, 17:38
Cat i agree with you its about time some of these bars stopped blowing your ear drums out with this over loud thump thump music, i walk straight out.

Up2U
September 22nd, 2007, 18:01
Cat i agree with you its about time some of these bars stopped blowing your ear drums out with this over loud thump thump music, i walk straight out.

Don't laugh, I heard it more than once from the young Thais working in the bars "it keeps the old people away".

September 22nd, 2007, 20:16
I always seemed to have the impression that it was the 45+ age group who teneded to throw a bit of cash around in these bars. I suppose one must ask what is meant by "old people"????
Surely these boys don't think that 21yo backpackers are going to pay them?
Maybe they do?

Shuee
September 22nd, 2007, 20:46
pardon..... i cant here you, the musics too damn loud

i take it we are telling them that the music is too loud? leaving & walking straight out again, is just not enough ((to be heard)) :bounce:

allieb
September 22nd, 2007, 21:25

Don't laugh, I heard it more than once from the young Thais working in the bars "it keeps the old people away".

And MONEY MONEY MONEY hard to come by with the old people away. Buy this is Thailand the go go boys haven't worked that out yet.

September 23rd, 2007, 09:07
I always seemed to have the impression that it was the 45+ age group who teneded to throw a bit of cash around in these bars. .....

What? You mean the "Cheap Charlie" expats who are always looking for the 99 baht drinks and free buffets???

Oh, oh. I have a feeling I'm gonna regret posting that...... :blackeye:

naklua
September 29th, 2007, 16:18
A vitit to Dynamite a few weeks ago was disappointing for me. They had about 10 boys, none of them my type. Drinks 140 Baht. Just one more of these boring Boystown bars which do not seem to care about improving their offer but rather content themselves with charging high prices and leaning back in their seats.

dab69
September 30th, 2007, 03:53
did they just inherit a fresh group of boys from Star Boys?

September 30th, 2007, 03:58
you can do about these situations.

If you find you don't like the club, for whatever reason - don't go. If everyone thinks like that then they get the message and the obvious happens.

We are living in age where we have a "choice". I'm sure people have their favourite places.

dab69
September 30th, 2007, 06:55
by the time most of us make it back there it will have changed several times as far as *scenery* goes.
how better to occupy one's vacation by one drink in every bar, some three or four, checking out the atmosphere in every different bar before either making a *selection* or passing out...
the process can take many days (nights)

September 30th, 2007, 10:34
I know a couple of the Thai guys that are supported by one of the owners of Dynamite. I told them about the negative posts and the next day they asked if I could print the topic out because they wanted to show the owner. So I printed it and gave it to them. The following day they told me the owner had a meeting with the boys. So at least he is aware of some comments.

catawampuscat
September 30th, 2007, 11:51
I heard that the boys from the now defunct Classic/Gacuya Boys upstairs bar have moved over to Dynamite Boys.
This should alleviate the shortage but if the customers are elsewhere the boys won't stay.

Funny Boys was full of customers last nite and it was difficult to find a free seat at one point..
Rose, the mamasan from Dynamite boys and now at Funny is very aware of what makes the customers happy and the decline at
Dynamite started when he left.

I hope Dynamite can regain its place as one of the best boy bars and it sounds like the management cares.. chock dee.. :cat:

catawampuscat
September 30th, 2007, 11:51
I heard that the boys from the now defunct Classic/Gacuya Boys upstairs bar have moved over to Dynamite Boys.
This should alleviate the shortage but if the customers are elsewhere the boys won't stay.

Funny Boys was full of customers last nite and it was difficult to find a free seat at one point..
Rose, the mamasan from Dynamite boys and now at Funny is very aware of what makes the customers happy and the decline at
Dynamite started when he left.

I hope Dynamite can regain its place as one of the best boy bars and it sounds like the management cares.. chock dee.. :cat: