PDA

View Full Version : Access from Thailand

adman5000
September 21st, 2007, 18:34
Can I now directly access Sawatdee Forums while in Thailand or do I need to use a proxy? I scanned some of the forums and FAQs and resource spots to see comments on this and did not evidently use the right search words as I did not find any instructions. I know the last time I visited, the bright green screen popped up in some places but not in others. I am preparing for my upcoming trip and want to make sure I have the proxy sites noted if needed. Thanks

TOQ
September 21st, 2007, 19:01
I havent had a problem in a very long time. Im in Pattaya

john

TrongpaiExpat
September 21st, 2007, 19:08
It seems to depend on what ISP your using. I have not been blocked in a while but other's tell me they are. If your using internet cafe ISP, you might have to shop around, even then it's not consistant.

If your blocked here is the latest

https://www.thornfruit.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Smiles
September 21st, 2007, 19:25
Interested in this subject as I will be in Thailand longer-term soon and of course wondering about my ability to access Sawatdee reliably. I'm sure many would be glad if my blabber-finger would be silenced . . . but not if I can help it :blackeye:

But I am worried somewhat about these proxy servers, whether they work properly, whether one has to continually change to another, how to FIND another when one stops working etc etc etc

For instance ~ to add to the frustration ~ this is the warning I get when clicking on the 'Thornfruit' proxy link given by TrongPai above:

http://my.photodump.com/sawatdee/problem.jpg

Cheers ...

jinks
September 21st, 2007, 19:54
Well now - IF you have an uptodate computer with Modzilla Firefox Browser there will be a warning on the "Thornfruit'' site that their certificates are out of date.

Accept them "for this session" and the site works fine.

Most Non Microsoft browsers work fine.

Blabber finger used to have windows 95 :clown: he will no doubt get a NEW laptop ready for the big move.

krobbie
September 22nd, 2007, 04:40
Looking forward to your posts. I am sure they will be both informative and amusing.

Keep it up.

Cheers
Krobbie.