PDA

View Full Version : Emergency landing by Thai AirAsia

September 21st, 2007, 14:25
Emergency landing by AirAsia

A Thai AirAsia plane made an emergency landing at Suvarna-bhumi Airport yesterday, 20 minutes after it took off for Chiang Rai.

After leaving the new airport at 11.35am, the pilot of flight FD3254 noticed an engine system called ADI was mal-functioning. The pilot decided to return to Suvarnabhumi and all passengers were later put on another flight.

Tassapon Bijleveld, chief executive of Thai AirAsia, said the problem was not a big deal and the flight was only delayed 40 minutes by the incident.

Extract from: The Nation, 21.09.2007

September 21st, 2007, 17:50
What do they consider 'a big deal' ? I hope it doesn't involve flames.

September 21st, 2007, 23:23
This sort of thing happens on Qantas and its off-shoot Jetstar just about every week, ever since they started sourcing out their maintenance to the mechanics at Kinshasa airport ..... no big deal. This should not be indicative of anything re. low cost carriers per se ....

September 23rd, 2007, 14:59
Dear, NO Qantas or Jetstar planes are serviced or maintained outside of Australia. Get your facts right Honey.

September 23rd, 2007, 15:52
Perhaps the people at Qantas also need to get their facts right?
http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn/au ... aug07/3634 (http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn/au/publicaffairs/details?ArticleID=2007/aug07/3634)

"Qantas Statement on Aircraft Maintenance Latest News
Sydney, 02 August 2007
Qantas has rejected allegations by the Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association (ALAEA) that overseas maintenance of some of its aircraft was compromising safety.

The Executive General Manager of Qantas Engineering, Mr David Cox, said the wiring issues identified on two of its aircraft, which had been used by the ALAEA to make this case, did not compromise the safety of the aircraft in any way.

"We did not need the ALAEA to bring this matter to our attention. Our own rigorous audit and maintenance program is what identified these issues and - as is normal practice at Qantas with any quality issue - we immediately involved CASA and put in place an inspection and rectification program," he said.

"I can only surmise that the union is using this issue - which it knows very well has no safety implications - to try to pressure Qantas to accede to its demands on pay and work practices.

"The fact is that we apply the same strict safety standards to all of our engineering work, regardless of provider or location, and every provider we use is certified by Qantas and by CASA.

"If the ALAEA is suggesting that only Australian engineers can maintain aircraft, it is wrong - the world's best airlines undertake their heavy maintenance in a range of locations outside Australia.

"Qantas Engineering is trying hard to build an efficient and competitive business in Australia to ensure work stays in this country.

"In fact, about 90 per cent of our heavy maintenance continues to be undertaken in Australia and we have invested more than $300 million in engineering facilities and training in the last five years for this purpose.

"We do, however, reserve the right to position our engineering work anywhere in the world."

Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (3634) "

September 23rd, 2007, 19:16
thanks, dave syd, for setting the facts straight. good old paul2257 needs to update his knowledge base. Paul, honey, QF aircraft have been part-serviced off-shore for quite some time, currently at the SQ (SIA) base in Changi / singapore. It might not be Kinshasa - yet - but who knows where the airfare wars will take the carrier next.

September 27th, 2007, 18:20
Anyone can cut and paste darling - but read the contents.

In fact, about 90 per cent of our heavy maintenance continues to be undertaken in Australia

Of course, some maintenance is undertaken overseas, for example a wheel change, minor cabling issues. The same as when Qantas staff work on foreign planes in Australia so they can fly back from where they came. Qantas has not and will not transport this work to an overseas location - the unions will make quite sure of this Honey. So it is you that needs to get your facts right, Darling.

Those who have been on the boards for a while will know what I am talking of, and my knowledge in this area. Blow ins and unwanted recent arrivals such as yourself can whinge and cut n paste as much as you like - HONEY, but read before yo do so. This also goes for those who are quick to jump to point out how wrong everyone else is Sweetie.

September 27th, 2007, 18:45
Anyone can cut and paste darling - but read the contents.

In fact, about 90 per cent of our heavy maintenance continues to be undertaken in Australia

Of course, some maintenance is undertaken overseas, for example a wheel change, minor cabling issues. The same as when Qantas staff work on foreign planes in Australia so they can fly back from where they came. Qantas has not and will not transport this work to an overseas location - the unions will make quite sure of this Honey. So it is you that needs to get your facts right, Darling.

Those who have been on the boards for a while will know what I am talking of, and my knowledge in this area. Blow ins and unwanted recent arrivals such as yourself can whinge and cut n paste as much as you like - HONEY, but read before yo do so. This also goes for those who are quick to jump to point out how wrong everyone else is Sweetie.

So if 90% of the heavy maintenance is done in Australia, it would seem that 10% of the heavy maintenance is done outside Australia. And then there is other maintenance which is not classified as 'heavy', as well as servicing which they dont mention, but I bet thats not all done in Australia either.
That would seem to contradict your earlier post:

NO Qantas or Jetstar planes are serviced or maintained outside of Australia

September 27th, 2007, 19:00
Ok lets hear about that 10 %.
I guess you don't have your facts straight.

September 28th, 2007, 08:00
Darling, what is the point of that? I have said what I wanted to say - I will leave the smart comments to others, such as yourself, Sweetie. Grinding my fingers to the keyboard will not change the views of any silly, drunkin, fat, sleazy, cheap or ugly poster here, and especially cunts like you bogged down in semantics, Pet.

I am ex Qantas staff, Luv.

Any further elaboration is not required. Message closed, Dear.

September 28th, 2007, 08:44
You said it and when it was proved your facts were wrong you are to much of a CUNT
To admit you were wrong !!!!!!!!!!!
So how is that for last comment

ASS HOLE

September 28th, 2007, 08:51
Paul, all you needed to do was admit that your information was incorrect or out of date. Just change 'all' to 'most'. Is being accurate too much to expect from somebody claiming to be an expert in the field?
If the rest of your posts resort to childish name calling, I am sure the other posters who are not unwanted recent arrivals or blow-ins will certainly know of your repuatation, but perhaps a different reputation to the one that you claim.

krobbie
September 28th, 2007, 09:14
Maybe, Paul is Billy's brother. They seem to have the same turn of phrase.

:bom:

kjun12
September 28th, 2007, 10:32
Oh well, seems Ms. Paul go t her panties on a knot and now can't take the heat of the truth.

September 28th, 2007, 12:53
I am ex Qantas staff, Luv.

Since when have trolly-dollies been authorities on aircraft servicing?