PDA

View Full Version : Babylon

adman5000
September 19th, 2007, 17:32
In a few weeks I will be in Thailand. While in Bangkok and staying on Soi Ngham Duplee, I want to visit Babylon as I have not previously visited. I am not usually a sauna visitor. I am a good-looking but overly well nourished farang. Some questions:

When are good days or times to go?
What are the key do's and don'ts?
What does a typical visit consist of (what should I expect)?

I also want to visit Aqua Pan massage. How does it compare to Hero, Albury, Adonis, etc? I assume a taxi is best?

September 19th, 2007, 18:28
In a few weeks I will be in Thailand. While in Bangkok and staying on Soi Ngham Duplee, I want to visit Babylon as I have not previously visited. I am not usually a sauna visitor. I am a good-looking but overly well nourished farang. Some questions:

When are good days or times to go?
What are the key do's and don'ts?
What does a typical visit consist of (what should I expect)?

I also want to visit Aqua Pan massage. How does it compare to Hero, Albury, Adonis, etc? I assume a taxi is best?

Went 2 weeks ago to Babylon. They are not serving breakfast as they offering in web site. Very poor service, a very poor menu and very unfriendly staff. I will never go again! May the staff over there thinking, that they holy the ground with every foot step! Since I come 2 Thailand I never felt so ripped off. I payed 260 Baht entrance fee for searching 10 minutes the restaurant with no staff inside and went out and throw the key after this ugly Katoey, which sitting with a stupid face in the cashier Box.

:thin:

adman5000
September 19th, 2007, 19:26
thanks for the observation but breakfast and restaurant staff service will not the reason I go to Babylon. I am talking about a different kind of service!

TrongpaiExpat
September 19th, 2007, 19:43
throw the key after this ugly Katoey, which sitting with a stupid face in the cashier Box.

She's not ugly. You can't be in person as strange as you sound in your posts. I have never know any staff at Babylon to be rude. Since your here, let me ask you, how's the plans for a Crazy Dragon in Bangkok doing?

To answer admans questions: It's hit or miss on most days. Weekends are priced higher and less local Thai boys. The after work or school crowd comes in between 5 and 7. Foam parties seem to attract the local Thai boys as does some of the lady-boy shows.

Babylon is getting too Farang heavy. Some Asian tourist here and there but it seems less and less local Thai boys each passing year.

The thing with Babylon is finding your way around at the right time and at the right places. Different sections open and close on somewhat of a schedule.

Last Fri night at Babylon was almost empty, must have been a record low attendance. Often the locals get paid at the end of the month, so those weekends can draw more, mid-month and the money is short.

Aqau Pan, Hero, Body Club, Albury, and Adonis are in my opinion all pretty much the same. It's hit or miss. Some like one place over the other but when it comes down to picking a massage boy that you don't know, it might work out for you or not. Some like Hero as there is more specific requirements discussed up front. Others like the Body Club where the shower is more of an erotic event than the others.

yaraboy
September 19th, 2007, 22:47
Breakfast at Babylon? Unusual request !

I find Babylon an excellent place to spend a few hours. Gym, Thai massage and maybe a meal feature for me. As far as sex is concerned not as good as it used to be. Way too many falang ( many young) and not enough Thai. If getting it on is your priority go to Farose or one of the many other saunas with high Thai men components

atri1666
September 19th, 2007, 22:57
It changed so fast? In april was there every afternoon and there have been enough thai boys for fun.

bucknaway
September 19th, 2007, 23:41
The room rates are going up and up and the local Thai guys can't pay or don't want to pay it. That is why the rooms at night are farang heavy.

September 19th, 2007, 23:41
Agreed; that was my impression on two visits in July. It is true that the falang/ Thai ratio has worsened over the last few years but I usually have an enjoyable visit and I go about eight times a year.

TrongpaiExpat
September 19th, 2007, 23:58
One of the problems I find with some of the Babylon farangs is that some are there looking for farangs. I have on a few occasions been pursued to the point of harassment by farangs who don't seem to understand no.

In an attempt to increase the numbers of local Thai boys they had been passing out free entry coupons and two for one entry but I think that has stopped.

I agree with those who like the food, it's not expensive either.

Recently on weekends there's a very good jazz band rather than the usual lady-boy shows. Makes the farangs happy, not the local Thai boys so much.

The Halloween foam party might pack them in but then there's too many people and not enough room to move around.

September 21st, 2007, 14:16
During morning hours there is for guests staying at Babylon Barracks a small selection of free snacks and complimentary tees, coffee, milk and juices available.

I am not keen on the barrack style accommodation. The rooms are very comfortable to sleep but commonly shared open washroom and showers are not my kind of thing.

The Baroness rooms are very plush, indeed comfortable and luxury.

I know Khun Tak and most of his team since several years. They’re doing a very good job. The accommodation is clean and throughout comfortable, staff is friendly.

September 21st, 2007, 16:32
They've also opened a Bvlgari wing which seems to be in the former family grounds wheras Babylon II was the converted Serpentine Condo. The Bvlgari wing seems to attract a family expat clientele who presumably appreciate the luxury and security.

I rather like the restaurant that now occupies the first house of what was the original Babylon in the 1980s. A touch of "tipping the velvet" and Italo-Thai fusion food.