PDA

View Full Version : "Sleazy" Bars

September 19th, 2007, 10:56
Hi All

I have been visiting LOS for many years now and really miss the bars of 20 years ago. When I first discovered Thailand you could walk into a bar, be greeted by any number of boys, shown to a booth and be left to enjoy the boys company and personalities (and the odd game of touchy/feeley under the table). The boys were free to approach the customers as they wished and pick their own customers. Now it seems all the bars I know have gone the 'meat market' way. Boys on display on stages with numbers to be called over with the intervention of the Mamasan or Captain and the associated demand to buy the boy a drink etc.

Does anyone know if there are any of the older 'sleazy' style bars left, where you can walk in, the boys are free to approach you at will and you can enjoy the company of 1, 2 or 6 of the boys as you wish and enjoy their jostling with each other to be the centre of your 'affections'. I kinda like being 'the hunted' occasionally.

Will be visiting again in January both Bkk and Pattaya and would love to find a few of these bars again if they still exist.

TOQ
September 19th, 2007, 11:14
I find that most Host bars operate in this manner.. You have a seat and they will serve you a drink.. They may ask to sit or just say hello to get the ball rolling ( so to speak). But I dont think id call them sleazy..

john

francois
September 19th, 2007, 11:32
In Pattaya try Happy Bar. Not sleazy but fun. In the upper lounge the boys will be most happy to entertain you. You will be the meat and they the savage beast preying upon you.

TrongpaiExpat
September 19th, 2007, 14:18
Give Golden Cock, Nature Boys and Nice Guys a try. Also Screw boys at it's new location which is it's old original location. CFS has a few threads on the type of bars your looking for in Bangkok.

September 19th, 2007, 14:30
Not the same format anymore I heard. Not hands on as before. Don't quote me on this though. Just heresay.

TOQ
September 19th, 2007, 17:12
Not the same format anymore I heard. Not hands on as before. Don't quote me on this though. Just heresay.

Nothing has changed :)

john

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 19th, 2007, 18:52
he's confused.

what he meant to say was: there are no gentleman in Pattaya-just sleazy bars !

and thank God for that !

it's all in the mind dear-one man's sleaze is another man's-well whatever !