PDA

View Full Version : Found - 6,780 baht

bucknaway
September 19th, 2007, 07:44
I was cleaning up my papers on my desk and found my Thailand wallet under my computer monitor. It was an old Thai wallet that I have not used in years. I last used a newer tan wallet that seems to hold the Thai notes better and has more options for me to keep them separated.

I first plucked out the business cards in the wallet. Most of them for Chiang Mai extablishments and a few for bangkok. Then I pulled out the tiny papers that held e-mail addresses and phone numbers of guys long forgotten.

I opened the folds and found the wallet flush with cash! Then I looked in the spot I would keep folded 1000 baht notes and found 6 crisp 1000 baht notes!

I am going to take this as a good sign!

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 19th, 2007, 07:55
don't you remember borrowing from me ?

It is indeed a good sign..you should always keep a small sum of money from a country you want to return to - and you will return there one day.

Or that's what my Granny used to say, but she was stark raving mad.

September 19th, 2007, 08:15
You tempt us with a juicy story about finding your old wallet - you give few details - PLEASE for the gods sakes tell us more. Is it plastic or real leather? What color? I for one want to know. I'm sure half the board will also.
Were the 1000 baht notes crisp or old and smelly?
Lets make this thread the most read in ages. The board is yours Bucky. Go for it.

bao-bao
September 19th, 2007, 08:38
I am going to take this as a good sign!

I would, too, bucky.

I always keep a crisp 100 baht note folded up and tucked away in a slot in my wallet. When I return to LOS I spend it and replace it with another before I leave.

It gives me something daydream about when I find it (or look for on an otherwise sh*tty day): the hope I'll go back soon to replace it!

Here's hoping you get to spend it there soon ... but we all know how, ahem, "thrifty" you've said you are! :cheers:

September 19th, 2007, 08:49
As cheap as you talk that you are on your trips.
I find it hard to belive , you keep such a close watch on your funds
That should be enough for you on your next 3 week trip

bucknaway
September 19th, 2007, 09:49
I can't help it if I like to get real value for my money. Growing up with 9 brothers and sister and my father unable to work due to a war related disability we were not a family to waste money. BUT we wanted for nothing and my parents were great providers. I was taught not to waste money and I feel as if I accomplished something when I avoid being suckered out of my money.

I tip well and appropriately and I buy what I want, need and can use and I dn't just give money away because it is only a dollar or 2 more than if I put forth the effort and went where the real value was. :)

And for those who are interested in the wallet... Maybe I will take some skimpy walled pics and if your lucky, maybe it will let some baht hang out its opening! LOL

Impulse
September 21st, 2007, 02:29
I find it interesting that buky and some of my close friends who are also frugal support g bush,considering how he spends money like its printed in the U.S mint out of thin air.Ok ,Im not calling you cheap as I have my moments. What did you do with the old email of guys you were with,throw them out or save them just in case?

bucknaway
September 21st, 2007, 04:20
I am so bored with the G-Bush link. My life does not revolve around President George Bush. I buy Kellogg's cereal but I am not in lock step with the Kellogg company. I crap in the toilet but I am not in full support on how the waste treatment facility handles my waste..... Yes I would vote for Bush over Kerry again every day of the week and as long as I am free to choose I will make my choice no matter who would hope I chose differently. Now move on... Get a life... Let it go...

I find it interesting that buky and some of my close friends who are also frugal support g bush,considering how he spends money like its printed in the U.S mint out of thin air.Ok ,Im not calling you cheap as I have my moments. What did you do with the old email of guys you were with,throw them out or save them just in case?

Wesley
September 21st, 2007, 04:49
for Bush or Kerry I would go Bush anytime, with you on that Bucky,

Wesley

September 21st, 2007, 07:25
Do you realize how many boys went to sleep hungry because you didn't off them? We as farang are expected to spend all our mony on the boys and are not suppose to bring any back with us. Well I guess you can endulge yourself a little more on this trip. Or you can just offset the higher prices on the next trip. Hehe

bucknaway
September 21st, 2007, 08:30
I was thinking of going to a gay massage place and getting a nude (no sex) massage. The more i think of it the more that idea appeals to me. :)

September 21st, 2007, 10:46
Or that's what my Granny used to say, but she was stark raving mad.Are we related?

September 21st, 2007, 12:50
I was thinking of going to a gay massage place and getting a nude (no sex) massage. The more i think of it the more that idea appeals to me. :)

Might as well get the happy ending also... your going to pay the same for a nude massage( no sex) or one with sex.
Its your only reason for coming to Thailand right? Or are you interested in the wats?

September 22nd, 2007, 09:00
You don't usually come home with much bhat in your wallet!
I would usually keep a thou or so just for the final exit fee at the airport and other minor expenses (snacks) and hand over the rest as a bye-bye present.

(ps - don't know how Bucky came to be a Republican but one must remember the Democtratic Party was for 100 years the party of "Jim Crow" and many African Americans have not forgotten)

(pps - I still think he's wrong but that's his business. It's America dontcha know) :dontknow: