PDA

View Full Version : Drink prices cut on Soi Twilight

Sen Yai
September 17th, 2007, 13:36
The Boys have a new pricing policy for drinks. Still 220 baht in the week or 240 baht on Friday or Saturday but second and subsequent drinks reduced to only 150 baht and a drink for a boy (or mamasan presumably) also 150 baht all night.

It seems this low season has forced the bar owners to find ways to keep the few punters in the bar for longer - good news for the khee niaw

atri1666
September 17th, 2007, 15:29
It was the old system in showbars about 10 years back to charge only the first drink with higher price for the show and from second drink charge the normal price.

September 17th, 2007, 17:29
but I avoid the place due to the high price (when I'm in BKK that is), also another friend purposely wont go to these bars because of the high prices, as stated in another thread, its about having a good "business model" that encourages customers and their business model is all about raking in the money too obviously.

TrongpaiExpat
September 17th, 2007, 20:25
I wonder if this will be applied consistently and at all the bars. I don't see any signs indicating this pricing structure. When and if the number of customers increase do the prices go back up?

Some nights soi twilight is quite dead, other for no rhyme or reason things get busy. Thursday night I noticed a group of about 20 to 25 young Asian women walking down the soi all holding hands in one long chain. They spoke to the door man at Dream Boy and they all went in two abreast lock armed.

I have also been noticing lots of straight couples on the soi, more then usual. At Dick's one night this week, the straights out numbered the gays. There was a large group of straight Japanese taking up 4 tables doing shooters and yelling banzai.

Not all the bad behavior is confined to the straights. At Dick's this week I sat next to this Dick Cheney look alike that was doing a bad Al Pacino impersonation shouting whoop-ya at every boy walking down the soi that struck his fancy. Freaked me out.

sydneyboy
September 17th, 2007, 22:48
By the way what is the Twilight Soi like these days? Are the boys dancing shirtless and just wearing speedos or what?