View Full Version : View Talay 7 started; stopped; started; stopped; started

February 14th, 2006, 17:29
Very strong talk of the planning permission not being granted. Residents of Jomtien Complex twin towers must be delerious.

catawampuscat
February 14th, 2006, 17:45
I understand all the prime units at View Talay 7 were sold out in the first two days for future occupancy..I remember there was lots of talk about the height of the last one to go up and that the top few floors were not going to be allowed but apparently they got permission...
There is lots of money involved and big money has a way of getting its way so it should be interesting to see who wins..

Geezer
February 14th, 2006, 20:35
How many weeks ago was it a city official was killed after refusing a building permit? The new guy must be a slow learner.

February 14th, 2006, 20:40
Maybe the developers halted it themselves? Perhaps they lost the corn flakes box on which they were modeling it.

Up2U
February 16th, 2006, 20:05
The shanty-town has been removed and there is now a grader on-site doing some work.

2lz2p
February 17th, 2006, 11:49
They have also recently put up a sign facing the beach (behind the fence) advertsing VT #7 - 27 floors. Previously, before the shanty town removal, the only sign was facing Thapraya road.

February 18th, 2006, 11:22
My apologies as this is slightly off topic, but it's been bugging me: Where is View Talay 4? I can account for VT numbers 1 through 7, except for 4...

February 18th, 2006, 11:52
This is proposed for Jomtien Beach Road but has been on hold for well over a year. The site has been cleared but no building work started.

February 18th, 2006, 11:55
I think VT 4 was the Cheerios box.

February 18th, 2006, 11:58
Thanks for that trivia, wowpow. Where on Jomtien Beach Road? I might actually be interested. I wonder how I missed discussion of it in the local newspapers, and of course, here on the forums? None of the other VT locations really appeal to me, except for possibly VT7.

March 4th, 2006, 19:16
It seems that all the documents have been signed, according to my sources. However, you never know.....

Smiles
March 4th, 2006, 19:48
" ... according to my sources ... "
. . . always my favourite phrase on this Board. So CIA or Guy Burgess-like.

LetMeTellYou employs it every once in awhile ~ to great effect. And then there was a poster on the old Sawatdee version who had something going on with the Thai Police Dept. (in every Thai city apparently). A fount of information was that dude . . . but I can't remember his name, and he seems to have disappeared, according to my sources.

Cheers ...

March 4th, 2006, 20:07
" ... according to my sources ... "
. . . always my favourite phrase on this Board. So CIA or Guy Burgess-like.

LetMeTellYou employs it every once in awhile ~ to great effect. And then there was a poster on the old Sawatdee version who had something going on with the Thai Police Dept. (in every Thai city apparently). A fount of information was that dude . . . but I can't remember his name, and he seems to have disappeared, according to my sources.

Cheers ...

You're welcome, very kind reply on my first posting on this board. I agree, I am talking crap, I have no sources, just a big thumb.....
End of my postings on this board.

March 5th, 2006, 16:24
Oh dear maya2005, the first thing I must teach you if your daring enough to write on a board like this, your audience want to be entertained, if the first flamer to bite or nibble your ear, makes you dive under cover, just do what 90% or the readers do and be a member of the audience..............

Smiles is a funny old thing, even he does not like it when some one plays with him, I can remember some one saying DONT FEED THE TROLLS but he is a very nice man really.

So Lets start again,,,, Im sure your get the hang of writing on a sometimes, bitchy and some times catty, and some times lets make my self feel good and the writer feel bad, as Im drunk or just mad or just a bitch, so ignore that and get your point over.

You must agree Smiles does have a point if you have Important Information on a project like this, where did you see this info.

Hope to see you around again soon, go on give it another try. Ive been called everything you can Imagine, but im still here.

Ahhhh... I didnt know, this is a board for sad old bitches that dont have the guts to go live on stage anymore (or never did). Well, I was just looking for info, bought a condo in View Talay 7, and I got some info on the project which might interest others. You might have noticed I didnt present it as a fact, but ended my posting with a "you never know" , making the reaction of this moron fag completely unnecessary.
To reveil a bit of my sources, it happens to be somebody involved in this project, quite close to some key persons, which I happen to trust,
but still - or again - you never know.

Well .... I didn't read the rules-section, but is fuck you allowed?

Hope this fits better!?

Smiles
March 5th, 2006, 19:17
" ... Well .... I didn't read the rules-section, but is fuck you allowed? ... "
Yes Maya, "fuck you" is allowed. It's actually said quite frequently, as this is decidely not a gentlemen's message board.

Welcome to Sawatdee :cheers:

Cheers ...

March 6th, 2006, 00:49
When someone says "fuck you" to me

Sources tell me that it the closest thing to a sex life I have right now.

March 6th, 2006, 21:06
Is the block still being built or what - wonder what happens to deposits that have been placed on this etc, well we know what should happen, but what have the people are building this saying - not that anyone on this board might have in depth details, be interesting though

Surfcrest
March 7th, 2006, 21:21
I find it strange looking out from my apartment in the twin towers to see the crane parts that arrived a few days ago.

Is this swath of land now a parking lot for unemployed cranes and stray dogs?

It would be nice if nothing is moving ahead if someone would sprinkle some grass seeds before the rains come.

Surfcrest

Up2U
March 8th, 2006, 06:43
Besides the crane parts the cement pilings for the 4 story sign have been installed. Looks like VT 7 proceeds as scheduled!

http://upload3.postimage.org/58084/VT7sign3_7_20063_13_08PM.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/58084/photo_hosting.html)

March 10th, 2006, 19:19
Besides the crane parts the cement pilings for the 4 story sign have been installed. Looks like VT 7 proceeds as scheduled!

Thats great!!!

May 8th, 2006, 12:44
Anybody know about the status. Just came back from Jomtien. My broker and the View Talay office assured me that the project goes on as planned.
There are some big rumours that the building will be restricted to 7 floors instead of 27.
But these rumours seem to be spread by the very unhappy people of the 2 Jomtien Complex towers, who lose their view and their money, once VT7 is finished. Since I didn't see anything on paper, it's just my guessing and feeling now, that says VT7 is ok.

Remember the same rumours were spread when VT3 and VT5 were announced. VT3 s there and VT5 is about to be finished in the next few months.

However, any info is welcome, since I bought in VT7 and might want to look at the bright sight/side.

May 8th, 2006, 19:19
Yes some people like to spread rumors with out finding out the truth behind them, its called gossip really, some times it make people feel big if the can make some one look small or in this case if you look at the Rumors spread on here, Bombs going off, building not being built then they are, some are quite dangerous Imagine a guy who has put a deposit down on this block to be told its not happening, or someone traveling here on the plane the next day to be told bombs are going off.

Yes all dangerous stuff.

That's why I always do my homework mostly I get my Info from the horses mouth do you know my friend Trigger?

Wow, I like your "Cbamgride srcmbale" !! Very interesting.

bkkguy
May 8th, 2006, 19:20
I get my Info from the horses mouth

yes, we all know of the connection between the horse's mouth and the horse's ass

bkkguy

Surfcrest
May 8th, 2006, 21:11
some times it make people feel big if the can make some one look small

Some people are quite effective at pulling that off without anyone's assistance.

Thankfully the real news is available from professional sources that we all have access to.

Surfcrest

May 9th, 2006, 02:02
You have to wonder about a gay man that calls other gays "Fag".. is that defined as self loathing??

Up2U
May 20th, 2006, 23:55
"However, any info is welcome, since I bought in VT7 and might want to look at the bright sight/side."..... a friend reports that more pile driving equipment has been delivered to the site. When I purchased I was told construction would begin summer or fall 2006. Looks like things are right on schedule.

August 5th, 2006, 18:13
"However, any info is welcome, since I bought in VT7 and might want to look at the bright sight/side."..... a friend reports that more pile driving equipment has been delivered to the site. When I purchased I was told construction would begin summer or fall 2006. Looks like things are right on schedule.

I will be going there beginning of september. Will let you know about the progress after my visit.

Up2U
August 6th, 2006, 00:47

I will be going there beginning of september. Will let you know about the progress after my visit.

I was there in July. The schedule has slipped to beginning '07. The second building (rear) at VT5 continues. Buyers at the first building at VT5 are now registering their units at the Land Office.

travelerjim
August 6th, 2006, 02:38
Hello Sawatdee Friends,

Having read much discussion about View Talay 5 - (VT5) and the Thai government announced change in ownership requirements for farangs to own condos, houses etc..I was wondering if there has been any new developments with VT5?

Recently on this forum, a poster offered his 4 unfinished condos on the 8th floor of VT5 for sale. Have the units been sold ...one or all ?

What is the outlook for the availability for lease or purchase of other units in VT5?

Any recent word on pricing on the market for the sale of a studio or one bedroom unit at VT5?

Thanks for any info ...I really like the VT5 location - I love the beach - and I sure wish I could be able to buy a condo there...but as a registered farang owner..not with Thai company owning the unit.

Just maybe one day - my wish will come true :-)

TravelerJim
For Affordable International Health & Travel Insurance
Please visit www.tjinsurance.com (http://www.tjinsurance.com) .

Impulse
August 6th, 2006, 03:23
Jim.thats why i bought a unit at vt5,because of the location.Im going next week to try to put it in my name.They told me that I wouldnt have a problem being in the 50% rule.I believe many realtors bought up different floors and havnt sold them yet.One Stop,Fair properties,AAAA.all have units for sale,as well as other realtors.Seaboard properties has the front Pattaya side of the 13th floor,AAAA has some units on both sides of the 21st floor.Ive seen them listed for 2 to 2.5 million baht,just as a shell.I had them install the bathroom tile which is an option.Having seen the cheap tile they use I wish I had done it myself.VT3 has units available also,same situation.

Up2U
August 6th, 2006, 06:11
TJ,

I say make your dream come true. Check out the realtor websites as Rocket suggest. Add Farang Services to the list too. The flippers have the most desirable units but at a premium of course. The poster you referred to with units for sale was TeePee. I suggest you contact him on availability. His price was very reasonable. Also, inquire at the VT office. They always hold back units. Last July ( 2 weeks ago) I was told I could have a unit (VT3 or VT5) in my name if I made full payment, had a 1 year VISA and gave VT power of attorney. They would do all the paper work at the Land Office and I could even be out of the country. When selecting a unit remember the future VT7 may block your views on the Jom Tien side.

wowpow
August 6th, 2006, 06:48
View Talay' advice up to last month was that the early purchasers got first chance to get their condos in their own name. Now that has changed and it's those who pay the full price first. They say that they have sold just over 50% to foreigners so it's not currently that big a deal.

They are still selling View Talay 7 but are still awaiting planning permission. This seems very odd but is allowed in Thailand.

My units are not sold. I may put them on the market again when I have title but offers are always interesting.

Impulse
August 6th, 2006, 07:39
View Taley seems like an up and up company when buying with them,but for the life of me to build in front of jomtien complex is beyond me.Can one imagine having a unit there with a wonderful bay view,only to have a building built within feet of you and that is all you will see.I looked at 2 units being sold by a guy on the 5th floor.It was so nice but I had to imagine what a cement wall would look like as i looked out of the balcony.He was asking 1.8 million baht and it was nicely furnished.Dont know what he paid but he was clearly anxious to sell.I wonder why anyone would buy a unit there now unless they're gambling that vt7 wont be built.Vt7 was to be 27 stories high when I signed a contract with them and the complex is only 32 stories high,so only floor 28 and above will be spared,unless they change their mind and make it smaller.

August 6th, 2006, 12:51
View Taley seems like an up and up company when buying with them,but for the life of me to build in front of jomtien complex is beyond me.Can one imagine having a unit there with a wonderful bay view,only to have a building built within feet of you and that is all you will see.I looked at 2 units being sold by a guy on the 5th floor.It was so nice but I had to imagine what a cement wall would look like as i looked out of the balcony.He was asking 1.8 million baht and it was nicely furnished.Dont know what he paid but he was clearly anxious to sell.I wonder why anyone would buy a unit there now unless they're gambling that vt7 wont be built.Vt7 was to be 27 stories high when I signed a contract with them and the complex is only 32 stories high,so only floor 28 and above will be spared,unless they change their mind and make it smaller.

I feel sorry for the Jomtien Complex people, but buying in Thailand (and I guess many other countries) with some unused land in front of you is always a big risk. So they should have calculated with that when buying their condo. Nevertheless it's not a pleasant experience.
I hope VT7 will continue and my 2 shells at the 11th floor will be ready in 3 or 4 years. One thing is for sure, unless they decide to build IN the sea, I will keep my sea view. No gamble on that part. I am planning to live there in about 5 years, so some delay isn't a big problem.

Up2U
August 6th, 2006, 13:40

I feel sorry for the Jomtien Complex people, but buying in Thailand (and I guess many other countries) with some unused land in front of you is always a big risk. So they should have calculated with that when buying their condo. Nevertheless it's not a pleasant experience.
I hope VT7 will continue and my 2 shells at the 11th floor will be ready in 3 or 4 years. One thing is for sure, unless they decide to build IN the sea, I will keep my sea view. No gamble on that part. I am planning to live there in about 5 years, so some delay isn't a big problem.

Hope you have front corner units. There is a risk that a highrise could be built on that long narrow plot of land just north of the Sea Falcon (Pattaya side) adjacent and south of VT5. My VT7 contract reads a completion date of 2010 with a year extension for unforeseen delays. I agree the VT5 (and VT7) locations are super and IMHO far superior to the new Ocean One Tower location.

August 6th, 2006, 17:19
Are they building a VT5-B building now? If not, what is being built between the current VT5 building and Thappraya Road?

I never heard of the current VT-5 building being referred to as an "A" building.

Up2U
August 6th, 2006, 23:13
Are they building a VT5-B building now? If not, what is being built between the current VT5 building and Thappraya Road?

I never heard of the current VT-5 building being referred to as an "A" building.

Yes, the second VT5 is under construction and another 1000 units will be added to the market. I believe it is technically called building "D" and the first building is called building "C". Buildings A and B were used for VT3. Doesn't make much sense to me, why not just A and B for VT5 too?

August 6th, 2006, 23:42
Buildings A and B were used for VT3...and for VT1 and VT2. So, will VT-7 be building "E"???

August 30th, 2006, 22:31
Buildings A and B were used for VT3...and for VT1 and VT2. So, will VT-7 be building "E"???

I only heard the A and B on VT3, the rest is numbered in logical order: VT5 at the sea, VT6 behind it and VT7 on the left side (jomtien side) of VT5.

I'm going there next tuesday, will bring some news after my visit.

August 31st, 2006, 08:44
the rest is numbered in logical order: VT5 at the sea, VT6 behind it and VT7 on the left side (jomtien side) of VT5.Isn't the VT that's being built in Pattaya City (between Beach Road and Second Road) VT6?

August 31st, 2006, 14:15
the rest is numbered in logical order: VT5 at the sea, VT6 behind it and VT7 on the left side (jomtien side) of VT5.Isn't the VT that's being built in Pattaya City (between Beach Road and Second Road) VT6?

If you go to the VT-office and look at the examples (in Holland we say maquette, but I don't know if that's an english word as well :( ), the one behind VT5 is called VT6 (if I remember well), but I will check about these codes when I am there next week.

wowpow
August 31st, 2006, 23:24
As far as I know:

View Talay 1 blocks A and B are on the left as you come down the hill from Pattaya into Jomtien

View Talay 2 blocks A and B are further down on the left and are similar buildings architecturally reminiscent of Leningrad worker's housing

View Talay 3 Blocks A and B are nearing completion neat to Pattaya Park and Adriatic Hotel - architecturally the exteriors are quite pleasing.

View Talay 4 has a site on Jomtien Beach Road but is currently not in progress.

View Talay 5 Blocks C and D are built on the gay beach at Jomtien. Block C is almost ready and has it's City clearance for ocupation. Buyers should rush to pay so they get their Land Registration Chenut within the 49% of the condos allowed for foreign ownership. Up to July the office said that the earlier purchasers would get these first. Then they changed the rule to first to pay gets. I understand that just over 50% of the 1040 condos have been sold to foreigners. The style is similar to VT 3

This site is the old Sugar Hut and currently only half of it is built on. They have recently cleared a small portion of the unbuilt half by Thappaya Road but the rest still has trees.

View Talay 6 I think this is the Pattay one though it seems now to be named View Talay Pattaya

View Talay 7 is the Y shaped tower horror planned to block Jomtien Complex owners from their sea views. View Talay office have been selling this aggresively but as of July did not have planning permission. I hear that cranes and stuff are currently being erected. Has planning been granted? The office say that to sell a building without planning permission and to start building one is not against the law in Thailand.

Up2U
September 1st, 2006, 04:44

Yes, you are correct. VT6 is not behind VT5. The second VT5 building (called "D") is currently under construction. The first building, VT5 (called "C"), is now complete and buyers are registering their units at the Land Office.

September 1st, 2006, 14:37

Yes, you are correct. VT6 is not behind VT5. The second VT5 building (called "D") is currently under construction. The first building, VT5 (called "C"), is now complete and buyers are registering their units at the Land Office.

Guess I have to re-educate my broker on this one :)

Up2U
September 15th, 2006, 22:12
There is more activity taking place on the VT7 site. Power poles installed and concrete foundation being poured.

http://upload4.postimage.org/1148308/VT7pole.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1148308/photo_hosting.html)
http://upload4.postimage.org/1148316/VT7slab.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1148316/photo_hosting.html)

Taken from corner nearest the police box. Building under construction is VT5 Building D.[/img]

September 15th, 2006, 22:51
Now, the alarmists (on ThaiVisa.com, moreso than here) would have you believe that with the xenophobic anti-farang purge by Thai Imimgrations on October 1, there will be distress sales galore on falang-owned properties and the whole real estate market -- especially in BKK and Pattaya -- will crash.

BTW, you *did* know that is a ploy by PM Toxin, didn't you? He's orchestrating a purge of foreigners to be able to, well for his family to be able to, snatch up these fire-sale bargains and then reverse the situation to double, triple and quadruple their investments from their tax-free Temasek winnings.

I, myself, am looking at buying one of the triple-unit corner units in VT7 for a million baht, maybe less. After I buy a few floors of Ocean One at even cheaper prices.

But, wait there's more! Need a BMW or Mercedes? They'll be used, but they'll be free with the purchase of the fire-sale condos! Waaahahahaha!

September 16th, 2006, 08:10
I am in Pattaya right now. The latest news is that they have decided to change the shape of VT7. They will build it straight on, not in a Y-shape. This will give the Jomtien complex owners their view (back). Secondly the units at top of the Y haven't been sold, not even one, because of their useless design, they seem to be long halls without much daylight, that nobody really wants. My guess is the Chinese VT-guy could have been very clever in asking more than he was planning ("ok, I'll give up on the Y-shape and build my 27 floors in a way they give you least trouble"), or is just a combination of a lot of things.
I have to say I didn't check this story at the VT-office, my broker would do that for me these days. He hadn't heared of it and has almost daily contact with them, so he should know. Anyway, it sounds like a very creative compromise.

Up2U
September 16th, 2006, 13:19
I am in Pattaya right now. The latest news is that they have decided to change the shape of VT7. They will build it straight on, not in a Y-shape. This will give the Jomtien complex owners their view (back)......

Interesting...what or who was your source?

September 16th, 2006, 15:50
I am in Pattaya right now. The latest news is that they have decided to change the shape of VT7. They will build it straight on, not in a Y-shape. This will give the Jomtien complex owners their view (back)......

I heard it from several residents over here, but it's not officialy mentioned by the management of VT. I am checking this out through my broker.

wowpow
September 16th, 2006, 17:36
Certainly all the Jomtien Complex residents that I know are aware of the rumour and that the rectangular tower will still be 27 stories. I very much hope that it is true as the residents there don't deserve to have their total views blocked and it would be a scandal for Pattaya City planners to allow that. For those who bought my commiserations and I hope you get a nice spot in the new building if that is what is to be.

October 1st, 2006, 14:12

I heard it from several residents over here, but it's not officialy mentioned by the management of VT. I am checking this out through my broker.

I haven't been able to get a confirmation for the rectangular shape, so it's still a strong rumour. Hope somebody else will be able to get a confirmation somehow, I am back in The Netherlands now, so I haven't got direct access to the VT-office.

Surfcrest
October 3rd, 2006, 07:37
Even from the 30th floor of my apartment in Tower A of Jomtien Complex,
I'm not expecting much of a view after this. This after suffering all the construction
noise of the other two recently completed structures nearby.

Nice to know that "common sense" regulations in Vancouver prevent someone from
blocking our view of English Bay and that the lack of "common sense" regulation
will inevitably undermine the Thai real estate market.

Here's hoping the market that existed back in the early mid-nineties returns so
some of us can afford to buy back the oceanviews that we paid for and were promised
when we purchased. You would think someone would excersise caution with building
so close to sea level just under two years from a tsunami.

Oh well, all the more reason to spend more time on the beach with the boys than
up on the balcony.

Surfcrest

October 3rd, 2006, 15:07
Even from the 30th floor of my apartment in Tower A of Jomtien Complex,
I'm not expecting much of a view after this. This after suffering all the construction
noise of the other two recently completed structures nearby.

Nice to know that "common sense" regulations in Vancouver prevent someone from
will inevitably undermine the Thai real estate market.

Here's hoping the market that existed back in the early mid-nineties returns so
some of us can afford to buy back the oceanviews that we paid for and were promised
when we purchased. You would think someone would excersise caution with building

Oh well, all the more reason to spend more time on the beach with the boys than
up on the balcony.

Surfcrest

At least you keep your view in Vancouver :)
Amazing Thailand always had 2 sides. I feel sorry for you, but I feel even more sorry for me if they don't build my oceanview in VT7.

Brad the Impala
October 3rd, 2006, 15:07
You would think someone would excersise caution with building

Surfcrest

Not sure what the tsunami has got to do with it. That arose from known fault lines and hit the western coast. The journey to hit Pattaya would rather dissipate it's force. Or are you suggesting that there are other known fault lines that could cause a similar disaster in Pattaya?

October 3rd, 2006, 22:06
Surfcrest, since it sounds like you are a condo owner in Jomtien Complex, I'll ask you about something I read a while ago (rumor?): The land upon which VT-7 is scheduled to be built was originally owned by Jomtien Complex and was sold to the VT-7 developers. That sounds a bit too unbelievable, but TiT.

I mean, if it were true, it should have, at the very least, been communicated to the Jomtien Complex owners via the homeowner's association, or better yet, a major change like that should have been put to a homeowners' vote. Yes, TiT, but still....

wowpow
October 3rd, 2006, 22:21
I also heard that Jomtien Complex owned most of the land between the condos and beach road and they sold. Then the law was that you could not build higher then 4 stories within 150 meters of the median high and low tides. The story that I was told was that the buyer sold on to View Talay. Then the Government changed the law to 10 meters. Presumably local authorities decide if to allow buildings anywhere.

One should also have sympathy for those of us living in Grand Condotel who were told that nothing large could be built nearer the sea then View Talay 5 came along making many overlooked and affecting property values.

Thais must see farangs as rich and foolish. The average foreigner buying a condo in View Talay 7 would not even ask if they had planning permission and now feel bad when they find out that they still do not.

Surfcrest
October 12th, 2006, 09:18
Any of you that belong to a Home Owner's Association
or Strata know that constant time consuming involvement
is the only sure fire way of ensuring things are run right
and that decisions are being communicated and agreed
upon above the table.

I've made a few small investments in Thailand. Neither
have been very positive financially although they have
added to some rewarding memories, unlike some
stocks I'm still stuck holding.

Surfcrest

November 2nd, 2006, 17:19
Here in Holland it's difficult to catch up with the latest news so maybe anybody of you can update me :)

Thanks!

November 2nd, 2006, 23:39
Update on View Talay 4. The 4 site on Jomtien Beach Road seems abandoned. From a View Talay Advert I saw that View Talay 4 is in Naklua.

Up2U
November 15th, 2006, 06:43
No pile drivers yet but some activity on-site. Maybe a road?

http://upload4.postimage.org/1655253/VT7.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1655253/photo_hosting.html)

Up2U
November 30th, 2006, 06:23
More about View Talay 7 protests from angered JomTien Complex residents. Meet with mayor.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_29_11_49_2.htm

bigben
November 30th, 2006, 10:41
What is really going on with all these properties?

I smell a rat.

www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/about9971.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/about9971.html)

November 30th, 2006, 11:11
View Talay condos are NOT rabbit hutches! People hutches perhaps.
This is CLASS WAR!

So you paid a few more million baht for your Elephant pen "seaviews"? Who is going to have the last laugh? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha The "rabbit hutch" people?

Seriously, if Complex owners think they are going to win points by insulting the masses that live in View Talays, you are on the wrong track.

2lz2p
December 4th, 2006, 07:04
I drove by the site on Sunday morning -- digging equipment working on site. A local news article noted the mayor's response to protest of construction - nothing the city can do -- all approvals obtained for VT7.

jimnbkk
December 4th, 2006, 10:14
"Nice to know that "common sense" regulations in Vancouver prevent someone from
will inevitably undermine the Thai real estate market......"

Common sense: TIT remember. The new Ocean Tower (the 91-storey thing) will require straightening and widening the road in front. But, if you will notice, somebody is building a couple of new what look to be shop houses right where the road will have to go. I wonder if this means that the city has decided not to do the road? Or, could it be that maybe somebody could be looking the other way? Or maybe the tower is not going in after all? There's no real sign of construction yet.

As far as VT7 goes, there is a 10-meter high fence all around the site now. It completely blocks the view of what's happening inside. But, I've been seeing trucks going in and out lately, so something is happening there. The big sign heralding the building still shows the Y-shape.

2lz2p
December 4th, 2006, 11:45
Yes, there is a high fence that obstructs the view. However, when I drove by on Sunday, a truck was exiting I caught a glimpse inside the fenced area -- as I mentioned, there was digging equipment in operation.

December 4th, 2006, 17:27
They are digging out the Y shape. It's much nearer the sea than I expected. So sad for the Jomtien Complex residents and a travesty of natural justice.

December 4th, 2006, 21:39
They are digging out the Y shape. It's much nearer the sea than I expected. So sad for the Jomtien Complex residents and a travesty of natural justice.

Why is it a travesty? Jomtien Complex bought the land they're situated on -- not the land next door. Do you believe that a piece of land shouldn't be allowed to develop its commercial potential because the land next door was built on first? No. If they wanted to preserve the view, they should have bought all the land right down to the water.

Surfcrest
December 5th, 2006, 08:06
A travesty? No, certainly not.

ItтАЩs no more inconvenient than having one come in at the
last minute and sit directly in front of you in the theatre.

Unfortunately they may build too close enough to the sea to see
enough of the sea to push the gay beach back another 100 meters.
IтАЩve been at Jomtien for 13 years now and boy itтАЩs changed from the
sleepy, yet fun place it was to what it is now. So many great memories
over the years. The pool at the Jomtien Complex was amazing for
me. For the most part I had it to myself when I liked to use it and boy,
the sunset views were spectacular.

Lately though, the noise from the neighboring construction (two years тАУ
on the ocean side) and the transportation headache with the extra volumeтАж
...itтАЩs not really worth it. Lack or regulation and bad planning have allowed
development to exceed current infrastructure. Last time around I stayed in
town at the other property for a few weeks and had a better time.

Returning to Pattaya hasnтАЩt been in the cards for me for a few months now
and IтАЩm much happier for it. Some might say that the real estate market in
Thailand is at its end. I seem to recall the last dip was an excellent buyerтАЩs
market.

The more I go to Thailand, the more I prefer my time in Bangkok anyway.
ThereтАЩs just something about Bangkok for me that makes the Thailand experience
still somewhat a thrill. Bangkok is an excellent base to pretty much anywhere in
the region and doing extended visa runs abroad with my Pattaya friends is
much better than a Sunday at the beach or a dinner every other week.

Surfcrest

December 5th, 2006, 08:30
Building a 22 story block in front of your, previously, sea view condominmium

"itтАЩs no more inconvenient than having one come in at the last minute and sit directly in front of you in the theatre".

Non Sequitur of the decade I think.

December 5th, 2006, 12:10
Jomtien Complex bought the land they're situated on -- not the land next door.
Actually it's more frustrating than that for those irritated owners: Jomtien Complex USED TO own "the land next door" -- i.e. the land that VT7 is being built upon -- and the Jomtien Complex developer SOLD IT.

While, I tend sympathize with the owners a bit, I don't support the public campaigning and belly-aching -- like a protest march they did to city hall.

The only part of their argument that may hold water is that from the beginning of sales in 1992 "it was guaranteed [by the Jomtien Complex project developer] to the buyers that there will be only a low rise hotel built on the 13 rai of empty land in front of their condominiums" but "Instead, without informing its purchasers, the developer sold the property in front of the condos to a subsidiary (Prakun Co., Ltd) who then sold it on to View Talay Co." Quotes from Pattaya People, Issue 58 (Saturday 2-9 December 2006, pp. 42-43)

The only valid grievance the Jomtien Complex condo owners have is with their developer for possible false advertising and/or fraud. That does NOT warrant a big public hullabaloo, IMHO, and in no way should influence the developer of VT7 who, it appears, bought the property fair and square.

December 5th, 2006, 12:35
I found some other interesting comments in that Pattaya People article:

"The residence [residents?] realized then that [VT7] bought the land and were going to carry on building what they planned, and within their rights."

"Pattaya lawyers have refused to touch the case at all, claiming fear of challenging this mega-corporation and its friends."

"They [the JC owners] later were aware that if they proceeded with the lawsuit, this firm suggested that they could be at great risk of a countersuit, which will ruin them financially."

"The residence committee were told that there is a law that was recognized since 1994, which states that buildings of 14 meters in height are allowed to be built at 100 meters from mean sea level, subsequent buildings to rise in height only at a 45 degree angle, but when the Jomtien Complex Condotel residence committee asked about this, there were [sic] no answer."

Okay, that's the only possible hope I see of any lawsuit challenging the building of VT7. Just how accurate is the rumor that 1994 law?

December 5th, 2006, 13:01
My understanding is that the National law used to be that no buildings of more than 4 stories were allowed within 150 meters of the high and low tides. This was changed a very few years back - after Jomtien Complex had 'foolishly' sold off the land in front - to 100 meters. I feel sure that a local City Council Planning Office can increase the distance locally but Pattaya has chosen not to.

There are those who may say that the monolithic View Talay Empire may exert undue influence but I could not possible comment.

I support the campaign very much not to allow unfair and unjust developments ruining peoples views and wiping millions off the value of their properties. I suffer similarly personally living in Grand Condotel and was not overlooked and told that no building could legally block my view. Now I have the charm of View Talay 5 with balconies of washing and for sale signs replacing the charming gardens and wild life that were there before.

Is not the City Council there to ensure fair and reasonable developments for all their citizens?

Foreigners are often fair game for Thai developers as we expect safeguards to protect us. People rushed to buy View Talay 7 and never thought to ask if they had planning permission which they did not and have received only recently. This is not illegal in Thailand.

December 5th, 2006, 13:05
Two words:

GLOBAL WARMING

Up2U
December 5th, 2006, 21:22
....I support the campaign very much not to allow unfair and unjust developments ruining peoples views and wiping millions off the value of their properties. I suffer similarly personally living in Grand Condotel and was not overlooked and told that no building could legally block my view. Now I have the charm of View Talay 5 with balconies of washing and for sale signs replacing the charming gardens and wild life that were there before.

Wasn't it you who had purchased a 8th floor corner unit at VT5 and was selling it?

December 5th, 2006, 21:25
An "unfair and unjust" development must be defined by the whining wowpow as one that spoils anyone else's view. BWAHAHAHA! Moron.

December 5th, 2006, 21:40
Is not the City Council there to ensure fair and reasonable developments for all their citizens?
If a new building conforms to the current zoning standards then what could even the City Council do at this point? Even the Mayor said he understood and commiserated, but there was nothing he could do about it.

The time for action was when the national law was changed from 150m to 100m from the tideline. At that time the City Council Planning Office should have been approached about keeping the Pattaya limit at 150m. Homeowners associations should have legal counsel and advisors that monitor such things, or at least ONE owner at Jomtien Complex or Grand Condotel should have set off the alarm to spread the word of the potential threat to their condo view/value. Had such a petition been made to the City Council and it failed, it would have been due warning to owners to consider selling while the selling was still good.

But, to wait until plans are drawn up, announced and subesequently approved, it's a bit late to do anything now other than beg for a change of heart from the VT7 developer, which apparently was met with silence when the Jomtien Complex owners tried, acccording to the news article. The horse is long gone from the barn now.

It is highly regrettable that the sales propaganda at both Jomtien Complex and Grand Condotel apparently "sold" the idea that the view would never be blocked. In oh so many ways, This is Thailand, and such a claim should (a) never be promised and (b) never really be believed. I do think the Jomtien Complex owners might have a case against their developer, if in fact the developer made the promise and then sold the property without advising the owners.

I wonder if there are other properties at risk to losing their view due to the distance-to-tideline change? e.g. Jomtien Beach Condo is set way back, smugly thinking nobody could build to block their view, but there is that nice large cleared-off plot just south of them, so maybe....? Is there any movement afoot to petition the City Council to re-instate the 150m (or greater?) limit for future construction?

Up2U
December 6th, 2006, 03:31
The time for action was when the national law was changed from 150m to 100m from the tideline. At that time the City Council Planning Office should have been approached about keeping the Pattaya limit at 150m.

Can a local planning commission trump national law in Thailand? I have my doubts and don't know the answer.

December 6th, 2006, 12:45
Can a local planning commission trump national law in Thailand? I have my doubts and don't know the answer.
It's probably risky to apply logic to issues of law, especially in a foreign land with different culture, but I would think it would be possible to set local limits more restrictive than the national law, but not set limits less restrictive than national law.

If national law is 100m from tideline, I would think Pattaya could set its own limit to 150 or 200m. However, I doubt it could legally set its own limit to 50m.

Surfcrest
December 7th, 2006, 05:53
An "unfair and unjust" development must be defined by the whining wowpow as one that spoils anyone else's view. BWAHAHAHA! Moron.

How is heckling from the sidelines any better than whining?
Surely you've taken the time in retrospect and actually read
some of the substance to wowpowтАЩs points. He clearly makes good sense,
to the property owners and prospective property owners here.

The message that I get from my own dealings in Thailand and from
some of the comments in this thread, that clearly Thailand lacks the
legislation and regulation investors expect with international and indeed Thai
real estate values where they are now.

If values can be instantly undermined by decisions on regulation or manipulation
that "real" markets would have safeguards for, then this uncertainty should be
built into the property value. It's not much different than the adjustment for the base
value of higher risk investments. The threat of countersuit by VT7, just makes the
whole prospect of sinking good money into Thailand all the more unappealing.

ItтАЩs inevitable that there will be a correction in the least to the value of real estate in
Thailand. IтАЩm hoping that reforms can be put in place when the Thais are thinking about
ways to revitalize the market when it is rebuilt next.

Surfcrest

December 7th, 2006, 06:07
ItтАЩs inevitable that there will be a correction in the least to the value of real estate in Thailand. IтАЩm hoping that reforms can be put in place when the Thais are thinking about ways to revitalize the market when it is rebuilt next.

No doubt the market will again validate Adam Smith.

The game is rigged and if you not one of the riggers...as the robot use to say, "Warning! Warning! Will Robinson".

December 7th, 2006, 08:59
Surely you've taken the time in retrospect and actually read
some of the substance to wowpowтАЩs points. He clearly makes good sense,
to the property owners and prospective property owners here.

I have, and the only possible "unjust and unfair" behavior I've seen is from wowpow's own developer.

December 8th, 2006, 14:19
Protestors say no sea view for Jomtien Complex when View Talay is completed : Pattaya Mail

Protestors set off down Jomtien Beach, demanding the city stop construction of a condominium that will eventually block their view of the ocean.

Boonlua Chatree
The view from the point of view of View Talay No 7, a new condominium complex that is to be built in front of the Jomtien Complex building, became less rosy when more than 100 local residents and foreigners who live in the latter building organized a mass protest, saying the new block will block their view.
Protestors gathered at 2 p.m. on November 29 in front of the Jomtien Complex on Jomtien Beach, demanding that construction of View Talay Project No 7 by View Talay Co Ltd be stopped.
Signs in Thai and English were held aloft, and the protestors then moved to Pattaya City Hall, where six of them met with Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand Region 3 Office Chaiwat Charoensuk, and Pichet Uthaivatananon, head of the Pattaya City engineering department.
Mrs Napaporn Srinoi, a 46-year-old resident of Jomtien Complex, who led the group of six, said that the land to build View Talay Condo No 7 initially belonged to Jomtien Complex Co Ltd. The company sold the land to a developer under the understanding that a seven-floor condominium building would be erected. It was subsequently discovered that permission had been given for a 27-story project. Foundation work has already begun.
Niran said that the plans to build View Talay Condo No 7 were correct and in order. As the project came within the jurisdiction of the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, the department had given permission to build. After that the building plans were presented to Pattaya City. After being checked, they were found to adhere correctly to the building regulations.
Pattaya City does not have the power to stop the construction, said Niran, and the law doesnтАЩt have the power to force the stoppage of any construction blocking the view.

Wattana discusses further ways to reduce number of beggars

Vimolrat Singnikorn
Deputy Mayor Wattana Chantanawaranon on November 30 held a meeting at Pattaya City Hall to try and find some solutions to the problem of homeless people and beggars in the city.

Deputy Mayor Wattana Chantanawaranon is trying to find some solutions to the problem of homeless people and beggars in the city.

Attending the meeting were representatives of the Social Welfare and Stability Office of Chonburi Province, Pattaya Police Station, Pattaya Immigration, and the Tourist Police Station 4 in Division 2 of the Tourist Police Department.
Statistics for 2005 show that Pattaya City arrested 535 homeless children and beggars during that year, and placed them with social welfare establishments for further help. During 2006, to date, there have been 390 arrests, showing a significant decrease.
However, with the aim of Pattaya City becoming a town without homeless children or beggars, city hall is making a concerted effort with local departments and bureaus to further eradicate the problem.
Wattana said that there are two aspects to this aim, one being that it helps those who suffer from problems of homelessness and acute poverty, and the other being that PattayaтАЩs image as an attractive city is enhanced.

Soi Honey Inn entrepreneurs request delay in drainage project

Entrepreneurs from Soi Honey Inn gathered to ask Pattaya City to postpone construction until high season is over.

Vimolrat Singnikorn
Businesspeople from Soi Honey Inn and the immediate vicinity in South Pattaya on November 30 petitioned city hall to delay the laying of drainage pipes in their area until the high season was over, as they felt the project would inconvenience visitors and have a negative effect on business.
Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn and Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh met the protestors at Pattaya City Hall.
The Soi Honey Inn area is particularly prone to retaining water after heavy rain, and city hall has scheduled a drainage project that would involve digging up large areas of road and sidewalk. The project was, however, scheduled to begin during the prime season for tourism.
Niran said he sympathized with the problems of the protestors, and responded to their request by postponing the construction project until May 1 next year, by which time PattayaтАЩs high season will be over.

Norwegian bar owner who slapped bar girl is stabbed with broken bottle

Boonlua Chatree
A Norwegian beer bar owner who argued with a bargirl and slapped her was injured when she fought back with a broken beer bottle.

Terje Salvesfn (left) and Somnuk Puangmanee, neither willing to make amends, threatened to press charges against each other.

Police were called out at 2 a.m. on November 30 to the Collate Beer Bar at the beginning of Soi 12 and Second Road. The officers found Terje Salvesfn, a 43-year-old Norwegian national who owned the bar, bleeding heavily from cuts to his right arm and hand that had been caused by a broken bottle. His Thai wife was helping him stand.
Salvesfn was still arguing with Ms Somnuk Puangmanee, a 33-year-old bargirl from the Tim Beer Bar. Her neck was bruised and her face was red from being slapped. In her hand was a broken beer bottle with its jagged edges covered in blood.
Police established that Salvesfn was SomnukтАЩs former boss, and that she had left his employ to work at the nearby Tim Beer Bar. Bad blood developed between the two, which led to the fight.
Somnuk told police that she ran back to her bar but the Norwegian followed her, so she grabbed a beer bottle and broke it on the table, then stabbed him with the jagged end. It was not established why she had gone to SalvesfnтАЩs bar in the first place.
Neither party was willing to make amends, and both threatened to press charges. Police took them to hospital for treatment.

Truck collides with school bus injuring 3 kindergarten students

Patcharapol Panrak
Three children were injured when a 10-wheel truck collided with a Julathep School bus that was taking kindergarten children back to their homes.

3 kindergarten students were injured when a 10-wheel truck hit their school bus.

The accident, which happened late in the afternoon of November 24, occurred at the Soi Suk-Iam intersection, in Bangsarae, Sattahip.
Police received a report on the accident at 5:30 p.m. At the scene, officers found that a green Isuzu truck, driven by 55-year-old Nop Sanga-Iam, had struck the yellow bus in the center of its right side. A local citizen had rushed the injured to Queen Sirikit Hospital, at the Navy Medical Department.
The injured were a seven year old boy who sustained injuries to his left hip, a seven year old girl who had injuries to her right ear, and a five year old girl. Also injured was 27-year-old Yuttana Chomdokmai, the driver of the school bus, who sustained chest injuries from the steering wheel of his vehicle.
Yuttana said he had taken a group of primary school students to attend the Buddha Buttara Camp at Srong Metta Wanaram Temple, and collected 10 kindergarten students to take back to their homes. He left the temple and when he arrived at the Soi Suk-Iam junction a 10-wheel truck collided with his bus.
Police charged both drivers with reckless driving.

German chef caught taking videos of schoolgirls in playground

Boonlua Chatree
Police have detained a German chef who was recording a video of schoolgirls playing in a public park near to Watsuthawas School.

Heinrich Telser was arrested for filming schoolgirlsтАЩ underwear.

Two members of the public, a Thai woman and her foreign husband, reported the manтАЩs suspicious behavior to the officer in charge at a nearby police box. Officers observed the man standing behind a tree about 50 meters from where children were playing on playground equipment, and saw that he was using a video camera.
The police approached him. He was identified as Heinrich Telser, a 53-year-old German national who worked as a chef at the Ganischger-Hof restaurant in Bochano, Italy. Officers checked the Sony video camera that he was using and found he had recorded uniformed female school students playing on a slide, and that the video zoomed in on them under their skirts. Telser was taken to Banglamung Police Station for questioning.
He stated he had been staying in Pattaya for two months at the Pattaya Klang Condominium on Soi Nokkao. He was due to return to his own country the following day. Telser said he had just purchased a Sony video camera from a camera shop in Pattaya City, and was testing the zoom lens by standing away from the playground and zooming in on the children playing.
The couple who had reported the man to the police said they were collecting their child, who was a student at Watsuthawas School, when they noticed a man standing behind a tree with a video camera. They notified the police.
Pol Col Nopadol Sornsamran, superintendent at Banglamung Police Station, said that as a first step Telser was being charged under Code 397, which includes acts of public nuisance and can result in a jail term of one month or a 1,000 baht fine, or both. Telser was fined 1,000 baht, but police have searched his residence to see if he is in possession of any other obscene materials.

Russian injured as para-sail towrope snags on light pole

Boonlua Chatree
A Russian man para-sailing at Jomtien Beach had his leg broken when his tow rope snagged on a lamppost as he was descending to the beach.
Police from Dongtan Sub-branch Police Station were called out at 4:30 p.m. on November 29 along with officers from the Sawang Boriboon Foundation. The accident had occurred near the entrance to Soi 18. Mrturpla Tonov, a 32-year-old Russian national, was wearing a swimsuit and para-sailing equipment. His parachute was still entangled with a light pole on the beach. After he was freed he was taken to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for treatment.
Chalard Larpwethee, age 39, the owner of the speedboat named Larpwethee that had been towing Tonov was questioned. He said Tonov had rented a parachute for 500 baht and had been pulled into the air three times. With the session ending, Tonov was being brought back. As he was descending onto the beach, the tow cable became entangled with a light pole, and Tonov was pulled into the pole, hitting it heavily before he fell to the ground.
Chalard said he would pay for the manтАЩs medical treatment.

Royal Thai Navy conducts ceremony on King Rama VI Memorial Day

Admiral Sathirapan Kaeyanon, commander-in-chief of the Naval Forces, presides over the wreath laying ceremony on King Rama VI Memorial Day.

Patcharapol Panrak
Admiral Sathirapan Kaeyanon, commander-in-chief of the Naval Forces, presided over a wreath laying ceremony on King Rama VI Memorial Day, November 25, at the King Rama VI Monument at Km 6 on the Sattahip-Rayong Road.
Representatives of government departments, state enterprises, private organizations and educational institutes attended the ceremony.
King Rama VI, the sixth King of the Chakri Dynasty, passed away on November 25, 1925. Each year ceremonies are held throughout the country in his memory.

Carnival set for beginning of May 2007

High hopes for stimulating tourism but budget is cut by 50%

Last yearтАЩs Pattaya Carnival was a colorful and fun event.

Narisa Nitikarn
Pattaya Carnival 2007 will be held early in May, and although its budget has been cut by 50 percent the carnival is intended to stimulate tourism during the low season.
Deputy Mayor Verawat Khakhay held a meeting at Pattaya City Hall on November 30 along with councilor Pisai Panomwan na Ayutthaya and representatives of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, hotel operators, and local business people.
Verawat said that the carnival must evolve its own unique identity that can be associated with Pattaya, and that the intention is to hold the event every year.
The meeting discussed the schedule, and agreed the carnival should take place over the period Friday to Sunday during the first week of May. This is during the low season, and the intention is to encourage tourists to travel to Pattaya.
The focus of the carnival will be discussed at a subsequent meeting, the main objective being that it will be a better event than the previous one.
A budget of 5 million baht has been allocated, 50 percent less than the budget for the carnival this year, which was 10 million baht.

E-mail: ptymail@loxinfo.co.th
Pattaya Mail Publishing Co., Ltd.
370/7-8 Pattaya Second Road, Pattaya City, Chonburi 20260, Thailand
Tel.66-38 411 240-1, 413 240-1, Fax:66-38 427 596

December 8th, 2006, 14:24
Mrs Napaporn Srinoi, a 46-year-old resident of Jomtien Complex, who led the group of six, said that the land to build View Talay Condo No 7 initially belonged to Jomtien Complex Co Ltd. The company sold the land to a developer under the understanding that a seven-floor condominium building would be erected. It was subsequently discovered that permission had been given for a 27-story project. Foundation work has already begun.

Where's the contract where the land buyer agreed to limit usage of the plot to a seven-story building? In the absence of one, the poor, unfortunate schmucks of Jomtien Complex are shit out of luck.

December 8th, 2006, 16:56
...the land to build View Talay Condo No 7 initially belonged to Jomtien Complex Co Ltd. The company sold the land to a developer under the understanding that a seven-floor condominium building would be erected. It was subsequently discovered that permission had been given for a 27-story project.

Reading that quote, one could be led to believe that the develper who bought the land for a seven-story condo is the same one who is now building a 27-story project.

Is it not correct that the party who bought the land from Jomtien Complex Co. to construct a low-rise building later sold the property to the VT-7 developer?

December 12th, 2006, 16:12
Well, finally I must admit to my broker he was right. From the beginning he told me to stay quiet. "Everything will be fine, the rumours you hear now were also there when they were planning on 3 other VT-buildings, and they have been built in exactly the same way as planned. People shout and spread rumours for obvious reasons, but VT7 will be there as planned".

I found that hard to believe, but now it seems as even de rectangular shape I menstioned before - and which seemed a nice solution - didn't make it.
My broker just told me that they started preparing the land for the Y-shape and it's gonna be a 27 store high as planned. The building permit is there.

So, although I feel sorry for those in the Complex, I am very happy that my new home will be there in a few years!

Up2U
December 16th, 2006, 03:11
Piles are now being driven,

http://upload4.postimage.org/1924488/VT7fromVT5roof.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1924488/photo_hosting.html)

December 16th, 2006, 13:18

Thanks for the picture!! I like to see the progress.

December 19th, 2006, 08:24

Yes -- and they kindly started driving them in early Sunday morning -- thankfully I had a mixture of wine, gin, and malt whiskey at the previous night's dinner party (and subsequent foray into the Complex), and was able to fully enjoy the pounding.

December 19th, 2006, 11:49
At last a benefit from View Talay 5 - it screens out the noise of the pile drivers at 7 for my condo plus I have a wonderful assortment of laundy to inspect. No sightings of totty as yet.

February 4th, 2007, 14:32
At last a benefit from View Talay 5 - it screens out the noise of the pile drivers at 7 for my condo plus I have a wonderful assortment of laundy to inspect. No sightings of totty as yet.

Any new picture of VT7? Anyone? I would be very pleased!

February 4th, 2007, 14:41
Do you have a box of Cheerios handy? Lay it on its side.

Up2U
February 4th, 2007, 23:57

Any new picture of VT7? Anyone? I would be very pleased!

Per your request taken at the end of January.
http://upload6.postimage.org/93594/VT7010.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/93594/photo_hosting.html)

http://upload6.postimage.org/93616/VT7011.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/93616/photo_hosting.html)

http://upload6.postimage.org/93650/VT7018.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/93650/photo_hosting.html)

Up2U
February 4th, 2007, 23:58

As you can see the Cheerios box has been redesigned.

http://upload6.postimage.org/93686/VT7005.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/93686/photo_hosting.html)

February 5th, 2007, 02:32
Thanks a lot for the pictures!! I appreciate it very much!!

February 6th, 2007, 08:39

As you can see the Cheerios box has been redesigned.

Ok, 3 Cheerios boxes taped together.
Someone in the company must have bought a book about Frank Lloyd Wright. :study:

catawampuscat
February 6th, 2007, 09:25
you guys are much too nice saying the VT monstrosities resemble cereal boxes. The look like prisons and blight
the skies with their sameness and sheer massive bulk.. an apology to the Cheerios people seems appropriate.. :cat:

February 6th, 2007, 13:20
you guys are much too nice saying the VT monstrosities resemble cereal boxes. The look like prisons and blight
the skies with their sameness and sheer massive bulk.. an apology to the Cheerios people seems appropriate.. :cat:

I like the design!

February 6th, 2007, 13:36
I like the design!

Are you sure you're a wooly moof?

February 6th, 2007, 14:10
I like the design!

Are you sure you're a wooly moof?

Sure as hell !!
Got a blockhead as well.

March 18th, 2007, 05:23
Work had stopped on View Talay 7 and I was hoping that it was pending the current court case. Sadly it has started again and the Office advise that they were waiting for the steel.

Up2U
March 18th, 2007, 05:43
Work had stopped on View Talay 7 and I was hoping that it was pending the current court case. ....

What court case? Who is suing is suing who? JT Homeowners suing their own developer for selling them out or suing VT or suing Pattaya City? Suing on what basis, I understood the VT7 was in compliance with all codes and law.

March 18th, 2007, 09:27
...they were waiting for the steel.

Yes, very important when you are trying to raise a prominent erection.

Sorry, just feeling a bit silly tonight. Having a bit of an Edifice Complex :geek:

March 18th, 2007, 13:53
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Surfcrest.jpg
Surfcrest's photo of Jomtien Complex through the magnificent Sugar Palms (Dongtan) which are becoming increasingly rare as rapacious builders replace them with concrete.

All I can say about VT7 is Y.

I hear that the residents are suing the council/mayor.

March 18th, 2007, 14:56
Surfcrest's photo of Jomtien Complex through the magnificent Sugar Palms (Dongtan) which are becoming increasingly rare as rapacious builders replace them with concrete.

There are office blocks in Bangkok that are more attractive than these twin concrete monstrosoties.

March 18th, 2007, 17:08
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Surfcrest.jpg

Looks like it's designed by Thai architects.

March 18th, 2007, 17:17

If that's a cut on Thai architects in general, you need to look around some more. The younger generation is doing some wonderful things.

Sen Yai
March 18th, 2007, 17:27
.........to meet the demands of rapacious sexpats!

Looks like is was 'designed' by Thai developers to me!

wowpow, thanks for bringing Surfcrest's excellent photo album to our attention again. There are many more interesting photos there: Surfcrest's Album (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=60)

Surfcrest, I hope you will update your album again following your next trip. Thanks.

March 18th, 2007, 17:29
It is FARANG developer in this case, is it not?

March 18th, 2007, 18:11
I asked around on the beach today about the delay in the construction of View Talay 5. I was told that it had been reported in local newspapers that there was an action brought by the Jomtien Complex residents against View Talay. They complained of excessive dust and noise and long hours of construction. Information at the View Talay Office is often innaccurate in my experience and I'm being very polite when I couch my comment so softly.

March 18th, 2007, 18:45
Personally I'd like to see Mother Nature sweep the entire area clean and return it to the beach area it use to be. There is no rhyme or reason to what they have been doing. They build a high rise,market it as having sea views and when it is sold out they build another in front of it completey obstructing the views and causing owners to lose any chance of selling and getting their money back. Who would buy a unit that is blocked by another highrise? Just isn't good business.

Up2U
March 19th, 2007, 00:33
I asked around on the beach today about the delay in the construction of View Talay 5. I was told that it had been reported in local newspapers that there was an action brought by the Jomtien Complex residents against View Talay. They complained of excessive dust and noise and long hours of construction. Information at the View Talay Office is often innaccurate in my experience and I'm being very polite when I couch my comment so softly.

Perhaps this is the news report. I doubt there was a restraining order or injunction against the construction though.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.as ... ticle=4838 (http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?Folder=16&IdArticle=4838)

March 19th, 2007, 00:47

If that's a cut on Thai architects in general, you need to look around some more. The younger generation is doing some wonderful things.

Where are you seeing that? The only thing distinctive (modern) I've noticed in Bangkok is the Rama 8 bridge.
I've seen the "Robot Building" and the "Elephant Building" and those are just cheesy.

Not being snarky - I really am interested.

March 19th, 2007, 08:50
The Robot building and the Elephant building are 15 years old, and they were cheesy 15 years ago!

Pick up a copy of Wallpaper magazine -- the Thai version -- to see what is going on in Thai architecture and design.

Then, google some names such as Duangrit Bunnag (stark modernist) or Chulatat Kittibutra (modern Thai themes).

March 27th, 2007, 01:02
Condo owners sue for sea view

A group of Jomtien apartment owners has asked the Administra-tive Court in Rayong to halt the construction of a new residential building that will block their sea views.
Ten foreign Jomtien Complex Condotel apartment owners are fighting to preserve their uninterrupted beach views following Pattaya City Council building permission for a new apartment building directly in front of them. The complaint asserts Pattaya City wrongly granted construction permission to View Talay Jomtien Condominium. It adds the permission did not meet 1978 planning regulations and alleges it will deprive them of their present unobstructed views of Jomtien Beach.

Jomtien Complex Condotel resident of two years Richard Haines, 62, retired, is one of the plaintiffs. The United States expatriate claims the development of View Talay 7 is in breach of planning law. The building is on the beachfront and will obstruct views, he argued. "I purchased my condo in October 2005 when I decided to make Thailand my retirement home. "But the new View Talay 7 building will block me from ever seeing another sunset from my condo," he said.

Haines alleged View Talay 7 was illegal because it was 14 metres in height and within 200 metres of the sea. Buildings of this height are prohibited within 200 metres of the shore by planning law, he said.

Pattaya Mayor Niran Wattana-sartsathorn said the city correctly issued building permission. "I'm not worried that some foreigners are suing the city in the Administrative Court because we are just an agent to mediate this problem. "If the foreigners succeed it will be a precedent for others and maybe developers will think before getting into problems like this," Niran added.

The court will hold a preliminary hearing tomorrow.

Pasara Puthamat

The Nation

I presume that the quoted hight is in error as the building is to be 28 stories high.

March 27th, 2007, 07:50
Ten foreign Jomtien Complex Condotel apartment owners are fighting

The Thai owners are smarter: they know it's a waste of time and money.

March 27th, 2007, 21:24
The Nation

I presume that the quoted hight is in error as the building is to be 28 stories high.

Maybe the units are for little farang midgets?

Up2U
April 8th, 2007, 13:48
For Maya2005 and others, VT7 progress as construction continues.

April 8th, 2007, 20:45
I have been thinking about buying an apartment in VT but all this news makes me think again - will I lose my money? Or are they so cheap now it doesn't matter?

Up2U
April 8th, 2007, 21:43
I would wait if I were you until this business with lawsuit is resolved. You can see the project is in the early stages and VT probably doesn't have a lot invested so far. Although lawsuit by the farang JC owners has some merit everyone, I've talked to, feels the defendants (Pattaya City) will win.

April 8th, 2007, 23:03
Well, at least it looks like the "Y" shape is settled.
Now I can sleep at night knowing.

Up2U
April 9th, 2007, 23:26
This was just posted on ThaiVisa:

Today about 4:00 I received a phone call from Markus Klemm. He told me that Asia LawWorks had received a fax from Administrative Court in Rayon.

Congratulation we receive a decision and won an injunction for VT7 to STOP WORKING on their 27 story condo. This is not the final but we on are way to receive one which will limit construction to 14 meters or about a 3 stories tall building.

It's was a great day for all of Thailand, the Thai People and the farangs. Thailand is a strong nation with laws which give far treatment to all. Now I'm smiling with a great big beaming grin. Thinking of all the farang which said we did not have much change to win a court decision. What a great day to give thanks!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... 3118&st=30 (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113118&st=30)

April 9th, 2007, 23:33
This was just posted on ThaiVisa:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... 3118&st=30 (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113118&st=30)

Wonderful, but what does the Administrative Court in Rayong have to do with what happens in Cholburi?

April 10th, 2007, 07:30
...It's was a great day for all of Thailand, the Thai People and the farangs....

Well HALLELUIJA! :cheers:

April 11th, 2007, 10:02
Mr Botting posted on a new trail so I put it here as well so as not to fragment the saga.

Court freezes View Talay condo project

SOMPORN THAPANACHAI - Bangkok Post

The Administrative Court in Rayong has issued an injunction against View Talay Jomthien Condominium (1999) Co Ltd to temporarily halt construction of its 27- storey condominium on Jomtien Beach in Pattaya.

The case was filed by 10 owners of units in the Jomthien Complex Condotel against Pattaya City officials and the View Talay developer. They complained that city officials illegally issued a construction permit for the company to build the high-rise in an area where the height limit was 14 metres.

The plaintiffs based their case on the 1978 ministerial regulation that prohibits buildings from exceeding 14 metres in height if they are situated 200 metres or less from the sea. They also said the new building would obstruct their sea view and redirect the wind flow, negatively affecting sanitary and living conditions. The current work on View Talay has also created dust and cracks in Jomthien Complex Condotel, said the plaintiffs.

Therefore, they asked the court to revoke the construction permit and temporarily suspend work until a verdict is reached.

View Talay plans to have 912 condominium units in the project, sized between 48 and 245 square metres and priced between 2.2 million and 13 million baht. The project was offered on the market 18 months ago but the construction permit was issued on Nov 28, 2006.

On Monday, the Administrative Court granted the injunction to halt construction, saying that the plaintiffs and city officials disagreed on the starting point from which to measure the building's height.

The disagreement concerns whether the mean water level or the low-tide mark are used as the base measurement point for the building site.

Richard Haines, one of plaintiffs, said the court's decision could set a standard for developers and also set a precedent for Thailand.

He said the owner of his Jomthien Complex Condotel project, which was about 220 metres from the sea, earlier planned to build a low-rise hotel on the disputed plot but later sold the land, which was finally developed by View Talay.

''Thailand is a country of laws but no one has ever challenged [inappropriate building] before. Let's stand up and let's make sure that everyone understands that there is a law in Thailand and we are protected,'' said Mr Haines.

April 11th, 2007, 17:13
Mr Botting posted on a new trail so I put it here as well so as not to fragment the saga.

You can't let anyone post information without having your two cents worth, can you :8( . Wouldn't mind if it was original thought from you but it is just plain cut and paste. What's the matter, does it offend your sense of ego and self-importance not to be the centre of attention? Pathetic !

April 13th, 2007, 07:28
Administrative Court orders halting of building in Pattaya

The Administrative Court in Rayong issued on Wednesday an injunction halting construction of a residential building that will block sea views of residents in a nearby condominium.

The court injunction noted that Pattaya City Council allowed building of View Talay Jomtien Condominium to proceed when it might have violated regulations protecting the rights of nearby residents.

The 10 complainants, all foreigners residing in Jomtien Complex Condotel, said Pattaya City Council wrongly granted construction permission for View Talay Jomtien Condominium.

They said the permission did not meet 1978 planning regulations and alleged that it would deprive them of their views of Jomtien Beach.

The court said the site of the condominium appeared to be less than the legally required distance of 200 metres from Jomtien Complex Condotel.

Regulations require building of 18 metres or higher to be more than 200 metres apart. The View Talay Jomtien Condominium is a 27storey, 81metretall building.

Although the court has not ruled on the 200metre distance issue, it ordered an injunction and said the owners of the condominium would have to prove they were not violating the regulation.

The Nation

wowpow
April 21st, 2007, 10:38
City official investigated as court stops condo project
Pattaya Mail
Narisa Nitikarn

A court order has placed a stop on the construction of the View Talay 7 condominium project and a Pattaya City official is being investigated following a complaint registered by the residents of Jomtien Complex.

The complaint was filed by 10 homeowners in Jomtien Complex, located on Thappraya Road, on November 29 last year. Addressed to the Administrative Court of Rayong, the complaint cited a Pattaya City officer and View Talay Jomtien Condominium (1999) Co Ltd, and alleged inappropriate behavior on behalf of officers. The court directed View Talay Jomtien Condominium (1999) Co to provisionally halt construction until a further decision is reached. The order was issued on April 9.

The 10 plaintiffs say the Pattaya City officer issued construction license No 162/2550 dated November 28, 2006 to View Talay Jomtien Condominium (1999) Co to build a tall structure consisting of 912 units on 27 floors. The building would be approximately 81 meters high, and its location contravenes coastal building regulations under the Building and Construction Act BE 2479 (Clause 3). This ministerial regulation has been valid since November 23, 1978.

Residents say that the new structure would block their views if the building were to go ahead. They add that the foundation work that has begun on the new project has caused a crack in their own building."

Pattaya Mail

April 23rd, 2007, 11:00
Having read the write up in the Pattaya People Newspaper, it seems to me that the residents of Jomtien Complex Condotel need to watch their backs. The Lawyers in Pattaya were firghtened to take on the case, it had to go out of the area to Bangkok.

Smiles
April 23rd, 2007, 11:08
THIS:
" ... The complaint was filed by 10 homeowners in Jomtien Complex, located on Thappraya Road, on November 29 last year. Addressed to the Administrative Court of Rayong ... "
THEN THIS:
" ... Having read the write up in the Pattaya People Newspaper, it seems to me that the residents of Jomtien Complex Condotel need to watch their backs. The Lawyers in Pattaya were firghtened to take on the case, it had to go out of the area to Bangkok ... "
So which is it, Rayong or Bangkok?

Cheers ...

Up2U
April 23rd, 2007, 12:38
THIS:
" ... The complaint was filed by 10 homeowners in Jomtien Complex, located on Thappraya Road, on November 29 last year. Addressed to the Administrative Court of Rayong ... "
THEN THIS:
" ... Having read the write up in the Pattaya People Newspaper, it seems to me that the residents of Jomtien Complex Condotel need to watch their backs. The Lawyers in Pattaya were firghtened to take on the case, it had to go out of the area to Bangkok ... "
So which is it, Rayong or Bangkok?

Cheers ...

The lawyers are from Bangkok; the Administrative Court is in Rayong.

August 1st, 2007, 19:48
I had it confirmed by the View Talay Sales office that work on View Talay 7 will re-commence tomorrow 2nd August.

Seemingly the situation is not simple. I gather from friends that the Administration court's decision was:

1) View Talay 7 may proceed with building to a maximum of 14 meters high.

2) The decision of where "the sea" is has been set at high tide plus ( further out to sea) 15 meters.

3) The proposal for the position from where the sea is to be measured will go to another court and hopefully a decision will be reached in about a week.

4) Once the sea position is clarified the decision on whether the planning permission for 22 stories is legal or not.

What a saga ?

Aunty
August 1st, 2007, 23:24
Fourteen meters doesn't seem very high? How many stories would that be? Five? That's a big change from 22 stories, or am I missing something here?

August 1st, 2007, 23:40
Sounds like someone got the VT7 case on a fast track? I thought the Administrative Court of Rayong was not going to make a decision until November 2007.

And, I thought it was going to be 27 stories?

Aunty
August 2nd, 2007, 00:00
Well the whole thing sounds suspect to me!

Let's have a court case to decide if this building can be built or not, and in the meantime you can start building it! How very Thai.

Put it this way. The foundations and services requied for a building that is five stories high is very different from the foundations and services for a 22 or 27 stories high building! Just what exactly are they going to be putting in, as they build in the interim? Sounds to me like the neighbours have being shafted!

August 2nd, 2007, 00:08
Am I missing something here?

What you appear to be "missing" is that you're giving a second thought to "news" reported by wowpow that was not a cut-and-paste job from an at least somewhat reliable source.

Aunty
August 2nd, 2007, 00:10
That did cross my mind.

Bob
August 2nd, 2007, 04:50
Fourteen meters doesn't seem very high? How many stories would that be? Five? That's a big change from 22 stories, or am I missing something here?

Nope, 14 meters (presuming they only wanted standard-low height ceilings, would be no more than 3 presuming they want to build it so you could add more stories); if not, maybe 4 floors.
Anybody that would proceed without knowing how high they can build (given you need to know that to know how beefy to make the foundation and lower stories) has to be a fool. If they proceed, it's almost certain that the deal is already greased for the complete building.

August 2nd, 2007, 07:42
.... Sounds to me like the neighbours have being shafted!

Sounds to me like the buyers have been shafted!

I've finally decided that owning property in Thailand is not worth the trouble.

But that's just me :flower:

travelerjim
August 2nd, 2007, 10:11
The Bangkok Administrative Court has UPHELD the earlier ruling of the Rayong Court...

according to Bangkok Post of August 2nd...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/Business/02Aug2007_biz99.php .

PROPERTY / JOMTIEN COMPLEX

Pattaya high-rise protesters win court battle

Residents of the Jomthien Complex Condotel have won a case at the Bangkok Supreme Administrative Court affirming their request for a temporary halt to the construction of a high-rise condominium on Jomthien beach in Pattaya.

The court upheld the decision of the Administrative Court in Rayong in a dispute that centred on the construction of the 1.15-billion-baht View Talay Jomthien Project 7, which would rise 27 storeys or about 81 metres.

The final hearing on whether the project could proceed in its present form is scheduled to be held in the Rayong Court next Wednesday.

The dispute centres on whether a project of the height in question could be constructed at the location, as the 10 plaintiffs argued that buildings cannot exceed 14 metres in height on the site because it is less than 200 metres from the mean sea level.

View Talay Jomthien Condominium (1999) Co Ltd, the project's developer, explained to the Supreme Administrative Court that halting construction would cause damages of about 500 million baht to the company.

When the court in Rayong issued its injunction to halt the construction in April, the company had already invested about 100 million baht in the project, which is scheduled to be complete in 2009. Therefore, the company appealed the decision of the Rayong court and asked to continue with the construction.

Richard Haines, one of the plaintiffs, said the Supreme Administration Court's decision upheld the Interior Ministry's regulation No. 9, announced in 1978, which allows only buildings of no more than 14 metres high to be built in areas 200 metres from the mean sea level.

''View Talay started its 27-storey building at 100 metres from the mean sea level, so the project is 100 metres too close to the shoreline,'' he said.

Aunty
August 2nd, 2007, 13:03
Well at least that clears up (travelerjim's post) many of the ambiguities in wowpow's post!.

August 3rd, 2007, 07:12
Well all they have to do is move the building BACK another 100 meters and that should......

oh, wait a minute..... :scratch:

August 3rd, 2007, 15:17
How about a complex of open air (i.e. roofless) karaoke places to serenade the victorious Jomtien Complex owners until all hours of the morning?

Or, a well-needed kennel to house all the stray dogs and cats around our beloved city from regular round-ups. Not only the noise but the smell could waft upward.

Aunty
August 3rd, 2007, 19:33
http://i15.tinypic.com/6evltlt.gif

August 3rd, 2007, 19:33
... and hopefully to urge you to moderate your mass of unkind posts.Where's the fun in that?

jinks
August 3rd, 2007, 19:39
boygeenus is suspended.

He/she can beg Bob by e-mail to be let back in.

I won't be doing it.

Thread Closed.