PDA

View Full Version : Baan Rim Nam Guesthouse on Kho Chang ...

Smiles
September 16th, 2007, 16:40
May be wrong, but sometime in the distant past I seem to recall some mention on the Board of the Baan Rim Nam Guesthouse on Kho Chang. I have the website link buried deep in my 'Favourites' ( http://iamkohchang.com/Accommodation/our_place.htm ) but haven't returned there in ages.

Now I'm just poking around for some nices places for 3 or 4 day get-a-ways in early 2008 and stumbled across this place again. The write-up on the website sounds inviting (only 3 rooms on stilits stuck out over an ocean inlet), the price is reasonable, and it's most definitely off the beaten track ~ the ocean beach is a 15 minute walk through the jungle, or, a 5 minute canoe ride.

We'd probably try out the Baan Rim Nam in a spontaneous heart beat anyway, but was wondering if anyone has some first-hand knowledge.

Cheers ...

Wazza
September 16th, 2007, 16:48
Mr Botting stayed there and did report on it some months back, I can't locate the posting but I,m sure you;re much ore adept at this.

September 16th, 2007, 21:59
I reviewed the website and it seem pretty neat...but I haven't figured out where it is in Thailand....where is it from Pattaya??

September 16th, 2007, 22:35
Koh Chang is part of Trat province.

By Air
Bangkok Airways operates 3 Flights daily:
from Bangkok:
08:30h (PG 301) Daily
14:40h (PG 305) Daily
17:00h (PG 307) Daily

from Trat:
10:00h (PG 302) Daily
16:10h (PG 306) Daily
18:30h (PG 308) Daily

During Low Season no PG 305 and PG 306 flights.

Public Buses leaves for Trat from Ekamai (Eastern Bus Terminal) located on Sukhumvit road, Soi 40 and from Morchit (Northern Bus Terminal) located about a 20 min taxi ride from the airport. Suparat / Ekamai or Cherdchai / Ekamai
Bus take about 5-6 hours (Bangkok - Trat). Price: 250 - 280 THB

Mini Buses leaves for Laem Ngop (Ferry pier) once every day from Kao San Road and from Sukhumvit area, Mini Bus take about 5 hours. 500 THB per seat including ferry and pick up from resort.

Private Transfer, anytime, from and to anywhere in Bangkok or Pattaya. Car take 4 – 5 hours, 5 000 THB per Minibus (up to 6 person).

TrongpaiExpat
September 17th, 2007, 00:45
He has an interesting web site, I too have it filed away. I have two concerns about that place. There is no mention of AC and is it gay friendly? If the owner was Thai, I would not be very concerned but he is a married farang.

Last time we were in Kho Chang we stayed at the Kacha Resort (http://www.kohchangkacha.com/)

I might give Siam Beach Resort (http://www.siambeachresort.in.th/) a try next time.

Note the the road that circles the island is not connected. The map I had of Kho Chang show that it was connected all the way around.

Michael
September 17th, 2007, 01:48
He has an interesting web site, I too have it filed away. I have two concerns about that place. There is no mention of AC and is it gay friendly? If the owner was Thai, I would not be very concerned but he is a married farang.

TpE I too filed away the site in my favourites. Perhaps Smiles, you and I should take the 3 rooms!

One of the reviews mentions AC:
"Run by a British-Thai couple, it has just three comfortable, stylishly-furnished air-con rooms"

Two reasons why I think the owner is gay friendly:
1) The statement on the website:
"We get people from all walks of life, all ages, all religions, all sexual orientations and all races."
2) This place comes recommended by John Botting (surely someone can find the original thread).

September 17th, 2007, 10:14
DELETED

Smiles
September 17th, 2007, 11:29
Thanks John. Appreciated.
One thing though, the website text (written by the owner) says it does have airconditioning in the rooms. Apparently there has been some renovation work going on lately, so perhaps that's when it went in.

Cheers ...

September 17th, 2007, 15:17
DELETED