PDA

View Full Version : Last night

September 13th, 2007, 18:54
Guys,

Last night I received a phone call from the local bar in Kalasin.

They requested to know if I had any intention of visiting their bar last evening.

I asked them, why they wished to know as I was quite tired!

They informed me if I had no plans to visit, They were going to close, as the four Thai tables who were eating and drinking plenty, could not pay until the end of the month.

Amazing, and not a red face in the house!

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 13th, 2007, 19:03
I don't think I have the intellectual apparatus to appreciate this post. :fucyc:

September 13th, 2007, 19:11
I don't think I have the intellectual apparatus to appreciate this post. :fucyc:

Lunchtime,

I was invited to pay the wages as they had no money!

Bob
September 14th, 2007, 05:11
Lol. I'm not sure, Kevin. The hidden message there may be you're spending way too much time in the local bar. If they are going to close because you're not coming in, that's your first clue.....

But, what the hell, if I was in town, I probably would have got a call too....

September 14th, 2007, 07:15
Lol. I'm not sure, Kevin. The hidden message there may be you're spending way too much time in the local bar. If they are going to close because you're not coming in, that's your first clue.....

But, what the hell, if I was in town, I probably would have got a call too....

Absolutely correct Bob,

I have been spending way too much time in that bar, but its a bit rich when they start ringing you up to remind you to go! I suppose I will calm down a bit.

They're becoming a bit "too" familiar especially with my wallet!

bucknaway
September 14th, 2007, 07:35
Wow! You must drop a pretty Baht when you are out on the town. I am sure they would not call me... :geek:

Smiles
September 14th, 2007, 11:25
" ... Lunchtime, I was invited to pay the wages as they had no money! ... "
FUCKING HELL!!!! Is this what I'll be up against in Hua hin after living there for six months???
The Beloved is wonderfully low maintenance ... but now I have to be concerned with the local gay bars sending all their 'check bins' to me in the mail once a month????

Kevin, how long did you have to haunt the one or two (at the most) Kalisin's semi-gay bars for them to dial you in as the Only-Game-in-Town?

My old man in his Thai Mafia schtick:

He doesn't live in Kalisin, but he's not that far away .... Kevin!!!
So watch it!

http://my.photodump.com/sawatdee/album_pic.jpg

Cheers ....

September 14th, 2007, 13:12
Dear Smiles,

These were not even semi gay bars, just the manager was a friend of Tam's at school!

[ years ago, so they then believe they can phone antime, anyplace. anywhere. That's martini!]

TrongpaiExpat
September 14th, 2007, 13:43
Some have posted in the past about boys or mamasans in the go-go's depositing their checks in your bin after sitting and saying hello for a few minutes. It happens in other less gay bars and karaoke joints too.

A friend or acquaintance of my BF will come over to say hi, sit for a few minutes. One of two things follow, the waiter takes notice and asks the new guest if he/she wants a drink or something to eat. If he/she came with a drink in hand, the check mysteriously ends up in my bin. I never actually see this happening. I suspect the waiter does this. The only thing I can figure is that the waiter must collect the guests old check and when we order something new both checks are deposited in my bin.

The BF tells me that this is all normal.

krobbie
September 14th, 2007, 16:14
Dear Smiles,

These were not even semi gay bars, just the manager was a friend of Tam's at school!

[ years ago, so they then believe they can phone antime, anyplace. anywhere. That's martini!]

Kevin,
You'll be the mayor of Kalasin next we hear ... (or rather, the Thai equivalent), and supporting all 6,327 residents.

I may stand corrected on exact figures here.

Cheers
Krobbie

GWMinUS
September 14th, 2007, 21:31
My friend in the Philippines sent me a message.
He wanted to remind me his Birthday is approaching and he needed money to give a Party for is friends.
I asked why they did not give the Party for him??
He said, OH, it is not the way. The person having the Birthday must pay...
:drunken:
Same Same in beautiful Thailand...

Bob
September 15th, 2007, 03:51
Lol, GW.

Based on that theory, all I can say is: Happy Birthday, Kevin! :cheers:

September 15th, 2007, 10:22
....They informed me if I had no plans to visit, They were going to close, as the four Thai tables who were eating and drinking plenty, could not pay until the end of the month.

Amazing, and not a red face in the house!

Oh GOD I love these people!
I don't even think George Lukas could have invented an extra-stellar society like this one. :cyclopsani:

ps. Smiles! If you don't stop showing off your boyfriend I'm going to start showing off mine!

Smiles
September 15th, 2007, 11:17
" ... ps. Smiles! If you don't stop showing off your boyfriend I'm going to start showing off mine! ... "
Sorry. Over-anticipation. I miss him. It's been too long.
Soon.

Cheers ...

September 15th, 2007, 12:10
...Sorry. Over-anticipation. I miss him. It's been too long.
Soon.

Cheers ...

Sigh... I know how you feel.... :goss:

September 15th, 2007, 12:35
Lol, GW.

Based on that theory, all I can say is: Happy Birthday, Kevin! :cheers:

Hi Bob,

Yes sir. Daily Birthdays!

September 15th, 2007, 20:04
Dear Smiles,

Kevin,
You'll be the mayor of Kalasin next we hear ... (or rather, the Thai equivalent), and supporting all 6,327 residents.

I may stand corrected on exact figures here.

Cheers
Krobbie

Gents,

They're already asking for computers for the local school. A case of red wine to pass quickly their eqivalent of Planning regulations, for the latest House, and I have been told not to buy the adjacent Land to our project, as the village is saving up for it!

However, it is OK to pay for everything [ food, drink or anything in the bars] and spend as much as you wish on the Thais, as far as they are concerned, Foreigners can never be generous enough in that Department!